I should add this is with the LCD-3 headphones, which are laid back and benefit from a little bit of powerful texture and attack. The HD650s sound very hard and fatiguing with it and I'd probably prefer any of the other op-amps with those headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 327post #4891 of 48969/19/14 at 10:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4892 of 48969/20/14 at 4:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Chodi
This just goes to prove that we all hear differently and have different listening preferences. I had an M Stage from Tam and I had ordered the op627 class "A" from him just because of all the chatter. I could not listen to his class "A" mod for thirty minutes before I took it out of the system and tossed it. I thought it was terrible. Eventually I found an op amp combo for my M Stage that I liked a lot but the op627 was dark and overly warm sounding to me. I have since replaced my M Stage but I still think it was an excellent value and great sounding with my HD800's.
I didn't like the Class A OP627 either, too warm and fuzzy.post #4893 of 489610/16/14 at 9:35pmpost #4894 of 489610/18/14 at 12:35ampost #4895 of 489610/21/14 at 4:23pm
Grados all pair well with the M-Stage, although there's no feedback in the thread regarding PS500, but going from what I've read about the 500, perhaps an amp with better treble would make you happier.post #4896 of 489610/22/14 at 7:08amQuote:
Well I am going for the Matrix M Stage HPA 02 as per your suggestion. All other alternatives are pretty costly.
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › IEM battle: Etymotic ER-4PT or Logitech UE 900 or HIFIMAN RE-600 vs... 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 3 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)