- 30 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 296post #4426 of 499710/28/13 at 8:31amThe bottom one for the capacitor? I think. Op amp is tight, even tried a different one. I have to try the amp somewhere else in the house and see if the problem persists
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 499711/1/13 at 2:02amHi,
I'll change my Matrix m-stage op-amp . Normally it uses opa2134. I'll cancel this and change with dual ad797brz. I need an adapter for this .
I read lots of post about brown adapter. But I didn't find any photo or link for this.
Is this adapter suitable for this? or can u share link about any suitable adapter?
Thankspost #4428 of 499711/7/13 at 3:27pm
this is just purely out of curiosity, but how well would a pair of hd800 work with this amp?
never heard any any sennheiser phone other than the entry level hd555.
Edited by EinZweiDrei - 11/7/13 at 3:32pmpost #4429 of 499711/7/13 at 4:50pmQuote:
I'm using the M Stage with T1's but I have tried it with the HD800's and it is remarkably good. It gets very good results that defy the price. I own other amps and I find that the M Stage with my opamp choice can compete with some very high end amps. It actually seems to like high impedance headphones.post #4430 of 499711/7/13 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chodi
I'm using the M Stage with T1's but I have tried it with the HD800's and it is remarkably good. It gets very good results that defy the price. I own other amps and I find that the M Stage with my opamp choice can compete with some very high end amps. It actually seems to like high impedance headphones.
how is it with stock opamp with the hd800.post #4431 of 499711/7/13 at 8:29pm
Honestly with the stock opamp it is ok but nothing I could live with. My WA-2 is clearly superior when I use the stock opamp in the Matrix. Even the Lafigaro 322C I have is better than the Matrix with the stock opamp. Don't get me wrong, it's not like it's bad just no competitive with real high end equipment using the stock opamp. Just my experience.post #4432 of 499711/7/13 at 9:52pmpost #4433 of 499711/7/13 at 10:06pmpost #4434 of 499711/7/13 at 11:38pmpost #4435 of 499711/8/13 at 2:18ampost #4436 of 499711/8/13 at 7:46amQuote:
You can actually order a free sample of the LM4562 at the Texas Instruments website. Best op amp I've heard with the Matrix (but I've only heard a few).post #4437 of 499711/8/13 at 9:08amQuote:
and you only need one LM4562 for the Matrix M!post #4438 of 499711/8/13 at 9:09ampost #4439 of 499711/8/13 at 9:23am
Yes, make sure you order the jewel version.
Or is it the duel version?
LM4562MA is the correct part number.post #4440 of 499711/8/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by mvrk10256
got mine of ebay. seller in thailand I believe. Took like 3 weeks to get here but the quality was good and the sound was great.
Totally agree with your suggestion. I'm not sure which of us tried this first but it is by far the best I have tried and well worth the price.
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 7 minutes ago
- › Pair of KR Audio 300BXLS tubes 11 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar 12 minutes ago
- › a review of Biosciencegeek Cmoy amp 18 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 19 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...