- 29 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 296post #4426 of 489610/28/13 at 8:31amThe bottom one for the capacitor? I think. Op amp is tight, even tried a different one. I have to try the amp somewhere else in the house and see if the problem persists
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 489611/1/13 at 2:02amHi,
I'll change my Matrix m-stage op-amp . Normally it uses opa2134. I'll cancel this and change with dual ad797brz. I need an adapter for this .
I read lots of post about brown adapter. But I didn't find any photo or link for this.
Is this adapter suitable for this? or can u share link about any suitable adapter?
Thankspost #4428 of 489611/7/13 at 3:27pm
this is just purely out of curiosity, but how well would a pair of hd800 work with this amp?
never heard any any sennheiser phone other than the entry level hd555.
Edited by EinZweiDrei - 11/7/13 at 3:32pmpost #4429 of 489611/7/13 at 4:50pmQuote:
I'm using the M Stage with T1's but I have tried it with the HD800's and it is remarkably good. It gets very good results that defy the price. I own other amps and I find that the M Stage with my opamp choice can compete with some very high end amps. It actually seems to like high impedance headphones.post #4430 of 489611/7/13 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chodi
I'm using the M Stage with T1's but I have tried it with the HD800's and it is remarkably good. It gets very good results that defy the price. I own other amps and I find that the M Stage with my opamp choice can compete with some very high end amps. It actually seems to like high impedance headphones.
how is it with stock opamp with the hd800.post #4431 of 489611/7/13 at 8:29pm
Honestly with the stock opamp it is ok but nothing I could live with. My WA-2 is clearly superior when I use the stock opamp in the Matrix. Even the Lafigaro 322C I have is better than the Matrix with the stock opamp. Don't get me wrong, it's not like it's bad just no competitive with real high end equipment using the stock opamp. Just my experience.post #4432 of 489611/7/13 at 9:52pmpost #4433 of 489611/7/13 at 10:06pmpost #4434 of 489611/7/13 at 11:38pmpost #4435 of 489611/8/13 at 2:18ampost #4436 of 489611/8/13 at 7:46amQuote:
You can actually order a free sample of the LM4562 at the Texas Instruments website. Best op amp I've heard with the Matrix (but I've only heard a few).post #4437 of 489611/8/13 at 9:08amQuote:
and you only need one LM4562 for the Matrix M!post #4438 of 489611/8/13 at 9:09ampost #4439 of 489611/8/13 at 9:23am
Yes, make sure you order the jewel version.
Or is it the duel version?
LM4562MA is the correct part number.post #4440 of 489611/8/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by mvrk10256
got mine of ebay. seller in thailand I believe. Took like 3 weeks to get here but the quality was good and the sound was great.
Totally agree with your suggestion. I'm not sure which of us tried this first but it is by far the best I have tried and well worth the price.
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 10 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones Sale 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Fidelio L2 - 3 weeks old - price includes shipping - final price drop 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)