- 23 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 296post #4426 of 471010/28/13 at 8:31amThe bottom one for the capacitor? I think. Op amp is tight, even tried a different one. I have to try the amp somewhere else in the house and see if the problem persists
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 471011/1/13 at 2:02amHi,
I'll change my Matrix m-stage op-amp . Normally it uses opa2134. I'll cancel this and change with dual ad797brz. I need an adapter for this .
I read lots of post about brown adapter. But I didn't find any photo or link for this.
Is this adapter suitable for this? or can u share link about any suitable adapter?
Thankspost #4428 of 471011/7/13 at 3:27pm
this is just purely out of curiosity, but how well would a pair of hd800 work with this amp?
never heard any any sennheiser phone other than the entry level hd555.
Edited by EinZweiDrei - 11/7/13 at 3:32pmpost #4429 of 471011/7/13 at 4:50pmQuote:
I'm using the M Stage with T1's but I have tried it with the HD800's and it is remarkably good. It gets very good results that defy the price. I own other amps and I find that the M Stage with my opamp choice can compete with some very high end amps. It actually seems to like high impedance headphones.post #4430 of 471011/7/13 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chodi
I'm using the M Stage with T1's but I have tried it with the HD800's and it is remarkably good. It gets very good results that defy the price. I own other amps and I find that the M Stage with my opamp choice can compete with some very high end amps. It actually seems to like high impedance headphones.
how is it with stock opamp with the hd800.post #4431 of 471011/7/13 at 8:29pm
Honestly with the stock opamp it is ok but nothing I could live with. My WA-2 is clearly superior when I use the stock opamp in the Matrix. Even the Lafigaro 322C I have is better than the Matrix with the stock opamp. Don't get me wrong, it's not like it's bad just no competitive with real high end equipment using the stock opamp. Just my experience.post #4432 of 471011/7/13 at 9:52pmpost #4433 of 471011/7/13 at 10:06pmpost #4434 of 471011/7/13 at 11:38pmpost #4435 of 471011/8/13 at 2:18ampost #4436 of 471011/8/13 at 7:46amQuote:
You can actually order a free sample of the LM4562 at the Texas Instruments website. Best op amp I've heard with the Matrix (but I've only heard a few).post #4437 of 471011/8/13 at 9:08amQuote:
and you only need one LM4562 for the Matrix M!post #4438 of 471011/8/13 at 9:09ampost #4439 of 471011/8/13 at 9:23am
Yes, make sure you order the jewel version.
Or is it the duel version?
LM4562MA is the correct part number.post #4440 of 471011/8/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by mvrk10256
got mine of ebay. seller in thailand I believe. Took like 3 weeks to get here but the quality was good and the sound was great.
Totally agree with your suggestion. I'm not sure which of us tried this first but it is by far the best I have tried and well worth the price.
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Band Name Game II 15 seconds ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 32 seconds ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 - Like New 1 minute ago
- › Production of HE-400 stopped? Is there gonna be a successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › best under $200 over-ear headphones for my needs 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude