- 30 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 296post #4426 of 502810/28/13 at 8:31amThe bottom one for the capacitor? I think. Op amp is tight, even tried a different one. I have to try the amp somewhere else in the house and see if the problem persists
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 502811/1/13 at 2:02amHi,
I'll change my Matrix m-stage op-amp . Normally it uses opa2134. I'll cancel this and change with dual ad797brz. I need an adapter for this .
I read lots of post about brown adapter. But I didn't find any photo or link for this.
Is this adapter suitable for this? or can u share link about any suitable adapter?
Thankspost #4428 of 502811/7/13 at 3:27pm
this is just purely out of curiosity, but how well would a pair of hd800 work with this amp?
never heard any any sennheiser phone other than the entry level hd555.
Edited by EinZweiDrei - 11/7/13 at 3:32pmpost #4429 of 502811/7/13 at 4:50pmQuote:
I'm using the M Stage with T1's but I have tried it with the HD800's and it is remarkably good. It gets very good results that defy the price. I own other amps and I find that the M Stage with my opamp choice can compete with some very high end amps. It actually seems to like high impedance headphones.post #4430 of 502811/7/13 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chodi
I'm using the M Stage with T1's but I have tried it with the HD800's and it is remarkably good. It gets very good results that defy the price. I own other amps and I find that the M Stage with my opamp choice can compete with some very high end amps. It actually seems to like high impedance headphones.
how is it with stock opamp with the hd800.post #4431 of 502811/7/13 at 8:29pm
Honestly with the stock opamp it is ok but nothing I could live with. My WA-2 is clearly superior when I use the stock opamp in the Matrix. Even the Lafigaro 322C I have is better than the Matrix with the stock opamp. Don't get me wrong, it's not like it's bad just no competitive with real high end equipment using the stock opamp. Just my experience.post #4432 of 502811/7/13 at 9:52pmpost #4433 of 502811/7/13 at 10:06pmpost #4434 of 502811/7/13 at 11:38pmpost #4435 of 502811/8/13 at 2:18ampost #4436 of 502811/8/13 at 7:46amQuote:
You can actually order a free sample of the LM4562 at the Texas Instruments website. Best op amp I've heard with the Matrix (but I've only heard a few).post #4437 of 502811/8/13 at 9:08amQuote:
and you only need one LM4562 for the Matrix M!post #4438 of 502811/8/13 at 9:09ampost #4439 of 502811/8/13 at 9:23am
Yes, make sure you order the jewel version.
Or is it the duel version?
LM4562MA is the correct part number.post #4440 of 502811/8/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by mvrk10256
got mine of ebay. seller in thailand I believe. Took like 3 weeks to get here but the quality was good and the sound was great.
Totally agree with your suggestion. I'm not sure which of us tried this first but it is by far the best I have tried and well worth the price.
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop Objective2 Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Help choosing V-MODA m-100 alternative? 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd Generation 10 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 10 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 11 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 13 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear