If anyone wants to let their M-stage go, please shoot me a PM. I have been trying to grab one rather unsuccessfully.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 290post #4336 of 48549/10/13 at 6:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4337 of 48549/10/13 at 7:29pmQuote:
Indeed. The difference between the dual op amp and mounting two singles on the adaptor sounds too big.Quote:
PM'ed you.post #4338 of 48549/11/13 at 9:36amQuote:
I PM'd you too.
Everyone in Toronto is selling their M Stage (just kidding!)post #4339 of 48549/11/13 at 9:44ampost #4340 of 48549/11/13 at 10:14ampost #4341 of 48549/11/13 at 11:03am
just ordered "LME49710HA X2 + Adaptor" and "1pcs DIP8 Single to DIP8 Dual Opamp Adaptor+Socket Gold Plated" so i be able to test more opamps with the M-Stage :P will be using the Yulong D100 MKII as a DAC and the headphone is TH600.
post #4342 of 48549/11/13 at 11:23ampost #4343 of 48549/11/13 at 11:34amQuote:
Ya. I was assuming you guys periodically go across the border for other business. I know plenty of guys that go across the border to get car parts and stuff - maybe once a month or two.post #4344 of 48549/11/13 at 11:36ampost #4345 of 48549/11/13 at 11:49ampost #4346 of 48549/11/13 at 12:00pmpost #4347 of 48549/11/13 at 12:03pmpost #4348 of 48549/11/13 at 2:15pmpost #4349 of 48549/11/13 at 2:35pmQuote:
The LM4562 is a very popular Op Amp with M Stage Op Amp rollers.
To me it sounds a bit more open and crisp than the stock Op Amp or the OP627.post #4350 of 48549/11/13 at 3:13pmAgreed, the crisper treble of the LM4562 will be great for the HD650. Never try the class A biasing mod as it's already way too warm. With the HD650 that would be a complete disaster.
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › The GrubDAC 30 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 46 seconds ago
- › Conflicting information on Cables and other audiophile components. 57 seconds ago
- › USB sound card 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Soundcard! Creative SB Z Vs ZxR ! And new Headphones in a near... 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 2 minutes ago
- › Need new IEMs, reccomendations for under $150 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)