Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
Related Head Gear
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 232post #3466 of 39831/16/13 at 12:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3467 of 39831/16/13 at 4:39pmpost #3468 of 39831/16/13 at 7:46pm
I have had both. I still have the M-stage.
(in whispered tones) I didn't like the O2. Too sterile for me. I always offer that opinion up carefully because inevitably some O2 fanboy tells me how there is something wrong with my opinion.post #3469 of 39831/16/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
So is it fair to say then that you feel the m-stage is a bit colored in comparison to the O2?post #3470 of 39831/16/13 at 8:16pmQuote:
This is true. The O2 sounds more clear and sterile - as an amp should.post #3471 of 39831/16/13 at 8:21pmQuote:
In other words, it commits errors of omission rather than errors of commission?post #3472 of 39831/16/13 at 8:24pmpost #3473 of 39831/16/13 at 8:33pmpost #3474 of 39831/16/13 at 8:37pm
I have been playing with my M-Stage for a couple of days. It is a remarkably well-made and it seems to have power to drive any headphone without any problems whatsoever. My HD650 sounds very fine indeed through this little amp and even my k701 is extraordinary clean and "weighty". I have also purchased a mint pair of k501 and they are on their way to me. I hope that even these (quiet, 94 dB) headphones can be properly powered by Matrix M-Stage.post #3475 of 39831/16/13 at 9:04pmpost #3476 of 39831/16/13 at 10:32pmpost #3477 of 39831/16/13 at 11:42pmQuote:
Thank you. I will probably be able to test it this eveningpost #3478 of 39831/17/13 at 2:50amI had my now sold mstage burn in my pair of he500..to spare my 337.. And damn..he did a good job..it drove the he500 perfectly...and knowing he can drive that pair with gain on 10db am sure it can drive almost anything except for the even more difficult to drive headphone from the likes of he6.post #3479 of 39831/17/13 at 4:00ampost #3480 of 39831/17/13 at 4:07amAlways the same thing.
The O2 is right, any other amp is wrong.
Wait a minute!
If the M Stage is a BCL knock off then the BCL must be shyte and bollocks too!
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › Aurisonics ASG-1.3 Review (Updated: 14MAY2013) 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - Sennheiser IE800... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013... 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe