Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 216post #3226 of 499711/6/12 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 499711/6/12 at 1:33pmWow... I just figured out that gain on my amp was turned onto its max setting. I was just about ready to give up on the m-stage as well.
It sounds SO much better now. Dampened T1's + M-stage =
Edited by itshot - 11/6/12 at 1:35pmpost #3229 of 499711/6/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yeah, we've all done it!
Personally I am NOT a big fan of 20 dB of gain, I like 10 dB.post #3231 of 499711/6/12 at 3:27pmQuote:
Oddly enough, I don't mind the sound of 18 dB of gain in the M. But 20 dB..........eh!post #3232 of 499711/6/12 at 7:11pmpost #3233 of 499711/6/12 at 8:11pmpost #3234 of 499711/7/12 at 12:38ampost #3235 of 499711/7/12 at 4:09ampost #3236 of 499711/7/12 at 4:54am
Am I such a quiet listener or something by having the amp on 10 'o clock at most at 0dB gain, I mean, I use it qith a Q701, which aren't the hardest cans to drive, but not the easiest either..post #3237 of 499711/7/12 at 5:01am
Haha that's my sister's room, it had better lighting than my room. Although i have nothing against cute little yellow pillows lolpost #3238 of 499711/7/12 at 8:38amQuote:
Are you sure it's on 10dB and not 18dB? Those are the two that get mixed up.post #3239 of 499711/7/12 at 9:29amQuote:
I dont think its a mix up...i burned my new he500's with the mstage..and listned to it sometimes to check the differnce of the SQ during the burn-in..and i never ever had it over 2 o'clock with 10db gain.and my he500's are harder to drive..its one little tough cookie...i have the black version by the way. Is to be sold..got a better amp now..see my pics/avatar
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 seconds ago
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 4 pin XLR (regular Apple compatible version) 12 seconds ago
- › LabKable PC-Triple C cable for Sennheiser HD800 14 seconds ago
- › smaller power friendly pc speakers that sound good? 48 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 51 seconds ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 line in question 52 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 58 seconds ago
- › Canlanta 2016 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases the X7 Standard Edition (Without Amp Module) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...