Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 8/24/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 216post #3226 of 493811/6/12 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 493811/6/12 at 1:33pmWow... I just figured out that gain on my amp was turned onto its max setting. I was just about ready to give up on the m-stage as well.
It sounds SO much better now. Dampened T1's + M-stage =
Edited by itshot - 11/6/12 at 1:35pmpost #3229 of 493811/6/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yeah, we've all done it!
Personally I am NOT a big fan of 20 dB of gain, I like 10 dB.post #3231 of 493811/6/12 at 3:27pmQuote:
Oddly enough, I don't mind the sound of 18 dB of gain in the M. But 20 dB..........eh!post #3232 of 493811/6/12 at 7:11pmpost #3233 of 493811/6/12 at 8:11pmpost #3234 of 493811/7/12 at 12:38ampost #3235 of 493811/7/12 at 4:09ampost #3236 of 493811/7/12 at 4:54am
Am I such a quiet listener or something by having the amp on 10 'o clock at most at 0dB gain, I mean, I use it qith a Q701, which aren't the hardest cans to drive, but not the easiest either..post #3237 of 493811/7/12 at 5:01am
Haha that's my sister's room, it had better lighting than my room. Although i have nothing against cute little yellow pillows lolpost #3238 of 493811/7/12 at 8:38amQuote:
Are you sure it's on 10dB and not 18dB? Those are the two that get mixed up.post #3239 of 493811/7/12 at 9:29amQuote:
I dont think its a mix up...i burned my new he500's with the mstage..and listned to it sometimes to check the differnce of the SQ during the burn-in..and i never ever had it over 2 o'clock with 10db gain.and my he500's are harder to drive..its one little tough cookie...i have the black version by the way. Is to be sold..got a better amp now..see my pics/avatar
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser ie80, RHA T10, or DUNU DN-1000? 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Fischer Audio FA-002 and FA-003: Two to Tango 10 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 10 minutes ago
- › DT 990 Pro 250ohm vs K702 65th Anniversary vs Fischer Audio FA-003Ti 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2