Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 216post #3226 of 489111/6/12 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 489111/6/12 at 1:33pmWow... I just figured out that gain on my amp was turned onto its max setting. I was just about ready to give up on the m-stage as well.
It sounds SO much better now. Dampened T1's + M-stage =
Edited by itshot - 11/6/12 at 1:35pmpost #3229 of 489111/6/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yeah, we've all done it!
Personally I am NOT a big fan of 20 dB of gain, I like 10 dB.post #3231 of 489111/6/12 at 3:27pmQuote:
Oddly enough, I don't mind the sound of 18 dB of gain in the M. But 20 dB..........eh!post #3232 of 489111/6/12 at 7:11pmpost #3233 of 489111/6/12 at 8:11pmpost #3234 of 489111/7/12 at 12:38ampost #3235 of 489111/7/12 at 4:09ampost #3236 of 489111/7/12 at 4:54ampost #3237 of 489111/7/12 at 5:01am
Haha that's my sister's room, it had better lighting than my room. Although i have nothing against cute little yellow pillows lolpost #3238 of 489111/7/12 at 8:38amQuote:
Are you sure it's on 10dB and not 18dB? Those are the two that get mixed up.post #3239 of 489111/7/12 at 9:29amQuote:
I dont think its a mix up...i burned my new he500's with the mstage..and listned to it sometimes to check the differnce of the SQ during the burn-in..and i never ever had it over 2 o'clock with 10db gain.and my he500's are harder to drive..its one little tough cookie...i have the black version by the way. Is to be sold..got a better amp now..see my pics/avatar
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Currently, there are 2637 Active Users (500 Members and 2137 Guests)
- › Banana/pin speaker wire? 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 2 minutes ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)