Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 216post #3226 of 490711/6/12 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 490711/6/12 at 1:33pmWow... I just figured out that gain on my amp was turned onto its max setting. I was just about ready to give up on the m-stage as well.
It sounds SO much better now. Dampened T1's + M-stage =
Edited by itshot - 11/6/12 at 1:35pmpost #3229 of 490711/6/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yeah, we've all done it!
Personally I am NOT a big fan of 20 dB of gain, I like 10 dB.post #3231 of 490711/6/12 at 3:27pmQuote:
Oddly enough, I don't mind the sound of 18 dB of gain in the M. But 20 dB..........eh!post #3232 of 490711/6/12 at 7:11pmpost #3233 of 490711/6/12 at 8:11pmpost #3234 of 490711/7/12 at 12:38ampost #3235 of 490711/7/12 at 4:09ampost #3236 of 490711/7/12 at 4:54ampost #3237 of 490711/7/12 at 5:01am
Haha that's my sister's room, it had better lighting than my room. Although i have nothing against cute little yellow pillows lolpost #3238 of 490711/7/12 at 8:38amQuote:
Are you sure it's on 10dB and not 18dB? Those are the two that get mixed up.post #3239 of 490711/7/12 at 9:29amQuote:
I dont think its a mix up...i burned my new he500's with the mstage..and listned to it sometimes to check the differnce of the SQ during the burn-in..and i never ever had it over 2 o'clock with 10db gain.and my he500's are harder to drive..its one little tough cookie...i have the black version by the way. Is to be sold..got a better amp now..see my pics/avatar
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Currently, there are 2969 Active Users (464 Members and 2505 Guests)
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › DIY Sennheiser IE-8 with Bluetooth 4.0 and APT-X 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › I just bought a Sennheiser HD558, and I have some questions about... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 6 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 8 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3