Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 216post #3226 of 477011/6/12 at 10:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 477011/6/12 at 1:33pmWow... I just figured out that gain on my amp was turned onto its max setting. I was just about ready to give up on the m-stage as well.
It sounds SO much better now. Dampened T1's + M-stage =
Edited by itshot - 11/6/12 at 1:35pmpost #3229 of 477011/6/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yeah, we've all done it!
Personally I am NOT a big fan of 20 dB of gain, I like 10 dB.post #3231 of 477011/6/12 at 3:27pmQuote:
Oddly enough, I don't mind the sound of 18 dB of gain in the M. But 20 dB..........eh!post #3232 of 477011/6/12 at 7:11pmpost #3233 of 477011/6/12 at 8:11pmpost #3234 of 477011/7/12 at 12:38ampost #3235 of 477011/7/12 at 4:09ampost #3236 of 477011/7/12 at 4:54ampost #3237 of 477011/7/12 at 5:01am
Haha that's my sister's room, it had better lighting than my room. Although i have nothing against cute little yellow pillows lolpost #3238 of 477011/7/12 at 8:38amQuote:
Are you sure it's on 10dB and not 18dB? Those are the two that get mixed up.post #3239 of 477011/7/12 at 9:29amQuote:
I dont think its a mix up...i burned my new he500's with the mstage..and listned to it sometimes to check the differnce of the SQ during the burn-in..and i never ever had it over 2 o'clock with 10db gain.and my he500's are harder to drive..its one little tough cookie...i have the black version by the way. Is to be sold..got a better amp now..see my pics/avatar
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Currently, there are 2841 Active Users (681 Members and 2160 Guests)
- › sennheiser HD 558 9 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 22 seconds ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 24 seconds ago
- › First over the ear headphones 46 seconds ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 1 minute ago
- › New to this and need desktop speakers 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1RBT 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob