or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations - Page 201

post #3001 of 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

+1, clear difference? I just looks different :tongue_smile:

 

Yes, it was the Shure SE530 re-jacked with Viablue jack.

post #3002 of 3966

any news on the 5G ? The 4G is a fantastic little bugger , btw

post #3003 of 3966
This thread doesn't get love often
post #3004 of 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

This thread doesn't get love often

Everyone is off enjoying their arrows! No one has any time to post biggrin.gif
post #3005 of 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

This thread doesn't get love often
I was at a Hi Fi yesterday. Rooms full of thousands of pounds worth of esoteric looking equipment. Guys. You are only trying to listen to a bit of music!
Just the Arrow, my phone and a pair of IEM's. Sorted. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3006 of 3966
Sometimes I forget how good the arrow is. I have mine paired with an x3 via line out.

It's such a fast pace setup, it really sounds great with my shure srh840 but especially awesome with grado sr325is
post #3007 of 3966
Does the sound with the arrow is better than x3 alone ? ....because I have the X3 and shure 535 ...and I want a transparent amp with a wide sound stage and heavy bass to complete my setup
post #3008 of 3966
The Arrow has bass boost but that will affect transparency. IMHO you will really struggle to find those two qualities together.
post #3009 of 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

The Arrow has bass boost but that will affect transparency. IMHO you will really struggle to find those two qualities together.


bass boost at stage 1 and all eq settings off works great on the dx50. Perfect balance between the two...

Yes I know, not a x3....but yet
post #3010 of 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post

Does the sound with the arrow is better than x3 alone ? ....because I have the X3 and shure 535 ...and I want a transparent amp with a wide sound stage and heavy bass to complete my setup
Yes! It gets rid of that lazy fiio sound with some shred your face off sound..... In a good way
post #3011 of 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post


bass boost at stage 1 and all eq settings off works great on the dx50. Perfect balance between the two...

Yes I know, not a x3....but yet

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

The Arrow has bass boost but that will affect transparency. IMHO you will really struggle to find those two qualities together.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


Yes! It gets rid of that lazy fiio sound with some shred your face off sound..... In a good way

thanks guys for your replies :smile: .... actually there are a lot of options that make me very confused : jds labs O2 , PD XM5 , RSA the hornet or waiting the 5g headstage arrow .... :rolleyes:

post #3012 of 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post
 

 

 

 

 

actually there are a lot of options that make me very confused : jds labs O2 , PD XM5 , RSA the hornet or waiting the 5g headstage arrow .... :rolleyes:

yeah, welcome to wonderland! :D You buy one, and then you buy another.....and then another...and you're convinced to see drastic differences EVERYtime...:darthsmile:

 

 

good luck!

post #3013 of 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post
 

 

 

 

 

thanks guys for your replies :smile: .... actually there are a lot of options that make me very confused : jds labs O2 , PD XM5 , RSA the hornet or waiting the 5g headstage arrow .... :rolleyes:

I don't think the 5G is going to be a huge improvement (if any) unless you want/need a redbook DAC with the Arrow in one unit. I think I remember reading on the headphonja forum that the same DAC chip is used as in the first "Line-DAC" from Headstage but that could be changed to the 2nd gen.

 

You gain a basic DAC (which is great if you need one) but from the specs I've read you lose the auto-off function and get a lighted on/off toggle as in the first gen Arrow. There is also supposed to be a digital volume control.

post #3014 of 3966
I Do like that it's going to have a digital volume control, because the only issue I have with my 3G is slight channel imbalance at low volumes!
post #3015 of 3966
I really like the auto off function on my 4G. The slim form factor is a winner for me. Combined with a sound that I am fairly sure is pretty much as good as it gets.
One thing though. Does anyone get any effect from the cross feed function? I cannot hear any difference.
Edited by krismusic - 3/31/14 at 12:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations