Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations - Page 172

post #2566 of 3080

What is the output impedance of the Arrow?

 

What changes with the impedance setting of the 3G?

post #2567 of 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post

What is the output impedance of the Arrow?

 

What changes with the impedance setting of the 3G?

 

The output impedance of the Arrow is atomic!! They can easily push any headphones out on the market right now. There have been reviewers that have had the HD800 and T1 both plugged in at the same time and on gain setting 1 powering both of them to great volume levels. The only time I've noticed a difference in sound with the impedance setting is when I was using lower ohm headphones, mainly closed ones at that. When I use it with my HD650's I don't notice a change at all. Same with the crossfeed selector.

 

All in all, great amp

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

post #2568 of 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

The output impedance of the Arrow is atomic!! They can easily push any headphones out on the market right now. There have been reviewers that have had the HD800 and T1 both plugged in at the same time and on gain setting 1 powering both of them to great volume levels. The only time I've noticed a difference in sound with the impedance setting is when I was using lower ohm headphones, mainly closed ones at that. When I use it with my HD650's I don't notice a change at all. Same with the crossfeed selector.

All in all, great amp


Thanks,


evil_smiley.gif

Thanks, I ask as I am going to pair these with BA IEMs which have a zout of 8ohms. Atomic as in ~10ohm zout? tongue.gif
post #2569 of 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

The output impedance of the Arrow is atomic!! They can easily push any headphones out on the market right now. There have been reviewers that have had the HD800 and T1 both plugged in at the same time and on gain setting 1 powering both of them to great volume levels. The only time I've noticed a difference in sound with the impedance setting is when I was using lower ohm headphones, mainly closed ones at that. When I use it with my HD650's I don't notice a change at all. Same with the crossfeed selector.

All in all, great amp


Thanks,


evil_smiley.gif

Thanks, I ask as I am going to pair these with BA IEMs which have a zout of 8ohms. Atomic as in ~10ohm zout? tongue.gif

 

Well umm... Honestly not sure biggrin.gif

 

But I did find this amp that can bring the output impedance from 75ohm to 0 with the click of a button. 

 

http://www.practicaldevices.com/amps.htm

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

post #2570 of 3080
Is anyone using or has used iPhone 4/4s+ arrow with fitear Togo 334? can share your thoughts? thanks
post #2571 of 3080

^^^ I never owned a Fit Ear IEM (come on man I got to eat once in awhile biggrin.gif) but I will say that the Arrow 3G and slightly less so the 4G are terrible when it comes to using them with a phone as they pick up interference like a mofo. I know now for sure that I have upgraded amps that it was the Arrow that was at fault and not my phones being ultra RF radiating iphone 3G/4/GS3. But if you are going to be using the Arrow with a phone in airplane mode it is great.

post #2572 of 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

^^^ I never owned a Fit Ear IEM (come on man I got to eat once in awhile biggrin.gif) but I will say that the Arrow 3G and slightly less so the 4G are terrible when it comes to using them with a phone as they pick up interference like a mofo. I know now for sure that I have upgraded amps that it was the Arrow that was at fault and not my phones being ultra RF radiating iphone 3G/4/GS3. But if you are going to be using the Arrow with a phone in airplane mode it is great.

Yes even using it in airplace mode with wifi on, there is still some emi (my BH has less with wifi on). BUt in airplane mode and no wifi, that arrow is a lush detailed amp and I love it.

post #2573 of 3080
M
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocoolhifi View Post

Yes even using it in airplace mode with wifi on, there is still some emi (my BH has less with wifi on). BUt in airplane mode and no wifi, that arrow is a lush detailed amp and I love it.
my bh never has emi or my arrow when on my itouch4g even with wifi on. But I really want to hear about this arrow 4T
post #2574 of 3080

I never have a problem with my 3G as far as emi, 4G is worse in that respect.

post #2575 of 3080

Hey,

 

For those that were wanting to buy a 3G I've reluctantly decided to put mine up on the classifieds. I should have it up in a matter of minutes. I've got a lot of interest already so it will be priced to sell. Good luck to those that are interested. 

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

post #2576 of 3080
Hi, im interested in both the arrow 3g or 4g and pico slim to replace my ibasso t5. Does any one have experience with both and wouldnt mind leaving me some impressions? Thanks.
post #2577 of 3080

Arrow 4G is better than ibasso T5. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esuhgb View Post

Hi, im interested in both the arrow 3g or 4g and pico slim to replace my ibasso t5. Does any one have experience with both and wouldnt mind leaving me some impressions? Thanks.
post #2578 of 3080
That's promising. How is the arrow compared to the pico slim? Does any one have experience with both? Thanks.
post #2579 of 3080
Does anyone have an arrow 4T yet?
post #2580 of 3080

Should I buy a used Headstage Arro 12HE 2g or just go for a new one with the wait? Anyone who's heard the difference b/w the 2g and 4g, can you enlighten me please? Many thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations