ive seen shipping as fast as 2 weeks, to as slow as 8 months for the arrrow. its best to have patience, no matter you have it or not, and try not to think about it as it will definitely arrive in your place.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 10/19/12 at 5:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Low cost amp w/ auto shutoff? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
- rsa mustang p51 vs headstage arrow 3g Last post on 1/22/11 at 3:56am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which cables for arrow amp? Last post on 9/22/10 at 3:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Arrow 12 HE cover Last post on 3/14/11 at 11:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
- Headphone Impedance
Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations - Page 165
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To my ear and in general, they sounded identical in regards to overall sonics and sound quality.
That said, there is a definite difference between the bass boost circuits.
The 3G is a more "thumpy" and "tight" bass sound ...
The 4G is a bit more "refined" ... "deeper" and more "smooth" ... not as taut and snappy sounding.
But they both (the bass circuit) are about the best realized I've ever heard. It just depends on your cans/IEM's.
Myself? I prefer the 3G bass circuit with my Shure SE535's ... mostly due to the fact that the Shure's are designed to be as flat/neutral as possible (at least to my ear) ... with nothing added to any frequency range ... and, this make the bass seem a bit lacking some times (though it's really just a matter of the recording) ... and so the extra "oomph" in the 3G bass circuit really is nice.
However, if you have some cans/IEM's that have a more prounounced default bass signature, then you might prefer the 4G more so.
Hope that helps...
Ordering: took a total of 2 weeks start to finish, including a tracking email from Robert.
Packaging: I think everyone knows this is not the strong suit. Cheap box, couple of connectors and a chargin cable. Pretty basic.
Form factor: perfect size, very slim, matches very well with my iPhone 4. Switches are very solid and I like the fact that nothing sticks out from the amp so when it is in pocket nothing is done by accident. Love having an input on both ends and 2 headphone outs is nice. I thought I would not like the volume wheel, afraid it would feel cheap but it is very solid and the turn is slightly stiff which I like. Only draw back as there is no level indicator on the volume knob so you have to a little careful to turn it down a touch before firing it up so you don't blow your head off.
Usage: all the switches do what they are supposed to and having 3 options for each one is absolutely fantastic. The auto power on/off I thought I would also not like. It works so well that I wish my other amps had it in fear of leaving them on and run out of juice.
Sound: the true meat and potatoes of any amp is this. The sound quality here is phenomenal!!!! Everything seems to be tight, detailed and smooth. Seem amps seem like they are just have a hard time keeping up and being accurate but this thing is just so true. The bass is tight with great extension, mids are full punchy and the highs are just so smooth while still being crisp and detailed. I just love the impact and clear details. Run into a few tracks or set of headphones that need a little boost in an area, just grab a toggle switch, these thing do example what the label says and do so so well. Some other amps I would not even use the eq functions because they were done so poorly (eq on the e6 for example) that I would not use them and others while boosting the low end also boost other areas and just don't do it well. Here, you ask for a bit more bass flip the switch and that is all you get a bit more bass and it does it accurately. Have a track or headphones that a touch veiled, dial up the treble a notch and there you go no more veil on the vocals. Gain switch works well and having 3 setting is quite useful (more so that only having 2) is you are using IEMs and cans.
To sum it up, this thing is awesome and smooth as a gravey sandwich. If you have been looking for that higher end amp, this is fantastic. Nothing bad to say and I love the sound. The bass and treble adjustments make this amp so flexible because those adjustments do their job so well.
Excellent work Robert.
I can tell you that I have a long way to do on the volume knob before getting to the end and I am using using gain position 2 so there is another one to go yet so I think there is a lot of juice on this thing. Excellent battery life as well.
I hope you understand the setup:
Samsung Galaxy SIII -> USB-OTG Cable (or earlier USB 4in1 Adapter) for S3 ->
1.) USB to Mini USB cable -> ODAC (Objective DAC) -> jack-jack cable ->
2.) Headstage USB Dac Cable ->
-> Headstage Arrow -> Earsonics SM3 v1
You cannot directly connect with any cable phone USB to Headstage Arrow Amp.
The USB on Arrow amp just for Charging!
After I checked more carefully the pictures found that maybe in the new amp removed some components, like next to the white connector, which is maybe power supply IC (2x3 pin)...
I tried setup 2 above with the Note 2 but the sound was disappointing...much worse than the USB Dac cable hooked up to my computer. Does it matter what player you use?
I also use the above setup 2 but I think it sounds very good (other than the occasional interference issues) with my GS3. It doesn't matter what player I use and strangely even Pandora sounds a lot better to me on my phone than on the web player (on either my MBP/PC). What I will say is that the background is quieter on a computer for me than my phone but not by much.
- Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 57 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 4 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 5 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe