Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations - Page 162

post #2416 of 3074
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

How much does he charge to upgrade from 3G --> 4G? And what features does the upgrade provide?

Basically, you are trading the impedance selector for a treble boost switch. Not sure what the charge is these days.
Edited by grokit - 11/21/12 at 1:26pm
post #2417 of 3074

35EUR with shipping.

post #2418 of 3074

Hi guys,

 

How does the 4G fair when paired with the triple fi10? any members with the 4G and TF10 care to give some impressions?im really interested in this amp..hehe

post #2419 of 3074

I have sent my amp for upgrade...50 days ago. (44 days from arrival) And I already payed for upgrade and DAC Cable...SUM of 18 emails...and seems now lost the amp and some additional money.

 

It is unbelievable that they have absolutely no idea about customer service. This is kinda Nightmare.

 

Now I am about getting another amp, because almost 1,5 months ago I don't have one.


Edited by bitlisz - 11/29/12 at 2:47pm
post #2420 of 3074

i sent mine over 2.5 months ago

 

september 15th

 

still nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitlisz View Post

I have sent my amp for upgrade...50 days ago. (44 days from arrival) And I already payed for upgrade and DAC Cable...SUM of 18 emails...and seems now lost the amp and some additional money.

 

It is unbelievable that they have absolutely no idea about customer service. This is kinda Nightmare.

 

Now I am about getting another amp, because almost 1,5 months ago I don't have one.

post #2421 of 3074

Clearly took your amp and ran...

post #2422 of 3074

don't think he would do such a thing - patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

Clearly took your amp and ran...

post #2423 of 3074

3 months since i sent my amp for an upgrade and still no news for more than 2 months

 

 

ok , WHAT THE ****** IS GOING ON , MR ROBERT ??????
 

post #2424 of 3074

4 days ago got reply about the amp: "You will receive it in 3-5 working days!"

Then I asked for tracking number and about DAC cable....no answer yet.

Let's see what I receive...

post #2425 of 3074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitlisz View Post

4 days ago got reply about the amp: "You will receive it in 3-5 working days!"

Then I asked for tracking number and about DAC cable....no answer yet.

Let's see what I receive...

 

i have not received any emails whatsoever - guess having sent my amp for upgrade 85 days ago makes me obsolete

post #2426 of 3074

It seems after 61days, the "mass-mailing" reached the target:)

My upgraded Arrow just arrived with the USB DAC Cable by DHL Express:)

Also with 2 small jack cable (maybe gift?).

Anyway I will think more than twice about the upgrade for Arrow 5G ... Maybe better to buy new and sold the old, just after arrived.

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

Now I am waiting for short angled USB-OTG Cable:

post #2427 of 3074

I didnt think that you could use the usb DAC cable like that. Did you have to do anything to the phone for it to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitlisz View Post

It seems after 61days, the "mass-mailing" reached the target:)

My upgraded Arrow just arrived with the USB DAC Cable by DHL Express:)

Also with 2 small jack cable (maybe gift?).

Anyway I will think more than twice about the upgrade for Arrow 5G ... Maybe better to buy new and sold the old, just after arrived.

 

 

 

 

 

 

700

 

Now I am waiting for short angled USB-OTG Cable:

 

post #2428 of 3074

It is working fine.

And no, I did not done anything with the phone. Stock rom.

Also the USB OTG Cable arrived, and works with that too.

 

But It seems the new Arrow amp really sensitive for mobile RF interference.

With the old (3G) i have not noticed this...

 

BTW, here is one internal pictures for each:

3G:

 

Headstage Arrow 3G

4G:

 

Headstage Arrow 4G

post #2429 of 3074

thanks for letting me know, im gonna order one of those OTG cables. Strangely though I had a lot more interference issues with my 3G than my 4G.

post #2430 of 3074

I hope you understand the setup:

 

Samsung Galaxy SIII -> USB-OTG Cable (or earlier USB 4in1 Adapter) for S3 ->

 

1.) USB to Mini USB cable -> ODAC (Objective DAC) -> jack-jack cable ->

 

or

 

2.) Headstage USB Dac Cable ->

 

-> Headstage Arrow -> Earsonics SM3 v1

 

 

You cannot directly connect with any cable phone USB to Headstage Arrow Amp.

The USB on Arrow amp just for Charging!

 

 

After I checked more carefully the pictures found that maybe in the new amp removed some components, like next to the white connector, which is maybe power supply IC (2x3 pin)...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations