Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations - Page 159

post #2371 of 3151

I recall somebody mentioning earlier that it drives the HD600 sufficiently.

post #2372 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by StimulatedBoy View Post

Anyone have experience with the Arrow 4G and Sennheiser HD650 (or similar headphones)? Will Arrow be capable of running them? Is it a good match?

 

Any input welcome!

 

I run my 4G with the HD600 and it handles them easily.  It should be a nice match with the HD650 as (to my ears with no EQ boost) it is very clean and uncoloured (wire with gain).

 

It also has no problems with my DT880 600ohm or K701.  It's a very powerful unit.

post #2373 of 3151
Quote:

 

Originally Posted by StimulatedBoy View Post
 

Anyone have experience with the Arrow 4G and Sennheiser HD650 (or similar headphones)? Will Arrow be capable of running them? Is it a good match?

 

Any input welcome!

 

Yes, for a portable amp there are few that drive them as well. I use my 650s with the Arrow all the time when not at my desk. The 4Gs treble boost gives the 650s a little more top end when needed/wanted.


Edited by Hellenback - 8/12/12 at 9:26pm
post #2374 of 3151

Highly interested in the USB Dac - if you have one for selling , please pm me

 

Cheers :-)

post #2375 of 3151
Hi guys,
I know these headphones are not released yet, but how well do you expect the Arrow to pair with the V-moda M-100's? Do you expect it to make a "300 dollar difference"? Afterall, the m-100 could be quite efficient. I'd love to find out, but it's a pricey bet. Thanks!
M.

(And perhaps someone can comment on the Arrow in combination with other V-Moda phones, like the LP's or M-80's)

M-100 thread: www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/6000
Edited by Vibemerchant - 9/8/12 at 4:43am
post #2376 of 3151

Hey guys , help me out here please

 

 

I have an 1G arrow and i am thinking of upgrading to the newer 4G version

 

can someone who had the 1G and upgraded to the 4G tell me if it's worth it (i think it is) and what major/minor sonic differences he experienced between these 2 models ?

 

and would you upgrade from 1g to 4g or not and why ?



Thanx a lot for any opinions/feedback whatsoever    biggrin.gif


Edited by proedros - 9/10/12 at 3:39pm
post #2377 of 3151

I had a 2G then a 3G ... and I demo'd the 4G when it was in production. I'd guess the main difference would be in the tonality of the bass boost circuit (1G/2G/3G being a bit stonger, more "taugt" sounding...whereas the 4G is "smoother") ... otherwise?  Sonically? I think the amps will perform, basically the same ... 

post #2378 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

Hey guys , help me out here please

 

 

I have an 1G arrow and i am thinking of upgrading to the newer 4G version

 

can someone who had the 1G and upgraded to the 4G tell me if it's worth it (i think it is) and what major/minor sonic differences he experienced between these 2 models ?

 

and would you upgrade from 1g to 4g or not and why ?



Thanx a lot for any opinions/feedback whatsoever    biggrin.gif


take a look here

post #2379 of 3151

yeah , seems like the 4G is a complete improvement...guess an upgrade is eminent
 

 

thanx for the link beerchug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart banger-97 View Post


take a look here

 

 

 

EDIT : i went ahead with the upgrade , i just sent my 1G amp to Robert - now we wait biggrin.gif


Edited by proedros - 9/12/12 at 12:43am
post #2380 of 3151
Tell us more about sending your amp in for an upgrade. Does robert offer such a service? If so, what is the cost? Thanks in advance.

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

yeah , seems like the 4G is a complete improvement...guess an upgrade is eminent

 

thanx for the link beerchug.gif



EDIT : i went ahead with the upgrade , i just sent my 1G amp to Robert - now we wait biggrin.gif
post #2381 of 3151

Robert quoted me at $40 for an upgrade from the previous revision

post #2382 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoface View Post

Tell us more about sending your amp in for an upgrade. Does robert offer such a service? If so, what is the cost? Thanks in advance.
Steve


it's doable , yes

 

email him at mail@headstage.com , tell him where you live and your arrow generation and he'll get back at you

post #2383 of 3151

I went the upgrade route about a month or two ago (from 3G to 4G) it was $40 and it was about a month wait. 

post #2384 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

I went the upgrade route about a month or two ago (from 3G to 4G) it was $40 and it was about a month wait. 

O really? I'm considering the same move, do you think in your opinion it was worth it sound Q wise? And is the bass boost as bad as people say?

post #2385 of 3151

I do believe it is a better sounding device but the bass boost is pretty much there for show now. All 3 levels of boost sound almost the same to me, but I'm a Treble/Mids guy so I don't mind not having overly boosted bass if it means the other freqs are better. I'm also experiencing less interference issues (less than the 3G but its still there a little). If you're a basshead you are probably not going to be happy with a 4G compared to the 3G. I am very happy with my 4G I don't regret the upgrade at all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations