Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations - Page 157

post #2341 of 3151

does any one use arrow 4G with k701 or q701?

I potentially want to buy 701; but if 701 can't be driven to a good level, I will buy sr325.

post #2342 of 3151

There's an Arrow in my future. Exactly when, it's up to Robert. Just did the deal moments ago. evil_smiley.gif

post #2343 of 3151
I tried the 1G Arrow with the K701, it was alright in general but did clip at high volume when things got complex.
post #2344 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

I tried the 1G Arrow with the K701, it was alright in general but did clip at high volume when things got complex.

I assume high gain.

post #2345 of 3151
Definitely, level III. I was trying the K701 and an HE-5 with it and the HE-5 was the same, maybe a little worse. They both suck power bigtime.
post #2346 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

Definitely, level III. I was trying the K701 and an HE-5 with it and the HE-5 was the same, maybe a little worse. They both suck power bigtime.

Yes they do.  I don't even think the Lyr is ideal w/ the HE6 or LCD2 at high volumes so the Arrow may not be 'ideal'.  wink_face.gif

post #2347 of 3151
The Lyr is very good with the K701 however, the best I've heard from both the amp and the headphones.
post #2348 of 3151

Hey.. I got my 4G and the sound is imbalance..while I trying down the volume, its even more noticeable ..

I emailed Rob but he said its normal..

post #2349 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSAudio View Post

Hey.. I got my 4G and the sound is imbalance..while I trying down the volume, its even more noticeable ..

I emailed Rob but he said its normal..

 

Channel imbalance is normal for analog pots at low volumes. Have you tried turning the volume up a little? Does the imbalance go away?

post #2350 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart banger-97 View Post

does any one use arrow 4G with k701 or q701?

I potentially want to buy 701; but if 701 can't be driven to a good level, I will buy sr325.


i tried a 3g when i had it with the k701 and they sound great. love the intimate-sounding vocals. and you can use bass boost 1 (not 2 or 3) for added 'oomph' for the low end. but for 300usd you might as well buy a desktop amp for the k701.. maybe throw a dac as well.

post #2351 of 3151

Subscribed~

post #2352 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart banger-97 View Post

does any one use arrow 4G with k701 or q701?

I potentially want to buy 701; but if 701 can't be driven to a good level, I will buy sr325.

 

I've listened to the K701's with an Arrow amp quite a bit, actually. It works/sounds really good. At *really* high listening volumes, the bass clips a bit, though. But you really have to pointedly turn things up to hear it. But all around? It works real good with the 701's. I'm currently using a 3G Arrow amp, which has a slightly different bass boost tone compared to the 4G ... bit more "thumpy" and tight ... and this servers the 701's  *very* nicely as, I think they are sort of bass anemic, myself. But that's just my take on things so grain of salt and all ... 

 

...

 

1000x500px-LL-5eb35136_akg.k701.jpg

 

...

 

Of course, the Arrow is not an ideal solution for the AKG 701's ... but for the record? It will push them to pretty nice levels. 

 

Read more, here...where I talk a bit about the Arrow and full sized cans: http://www.head-fi.org/t/538016/review-the-headstage-arrow-he-portable-amplifier

 

Rock.

 

j.

post #2353 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1rrah View Post

 

I've listened to the K701's with an Arrow amp quite a bit, actually. It works/sounds really good. At *really* high listening volumes, the bass clips a bit, though. But you really have to pointedly turn things up to hear it. But all around? It works real good with the 701's. I'm currently using a 3G Arrow amp, which has a slightly different bass boost tone compared to the 4G ... bit more "thumpy" and tight ... and this servers the 701's  *very* nicely as, I think they are sort of bass anemic, myself. But that's just my take on things so grain of salt and all ... 

 

...

 

1000x500px-LL-5eb35136_akg.k701.jpg

 

...

 

Of course, the Arrow is not an ideal solution for the AKG 701's ... but for the record? It will push them to pretty nice levels. 

 

Read more, here...where I talk a bit about the Arrow and full sized cans: http://www.head-fi.org/t/538016/review-the-headstage-arrow-he-portable-amplifier

 

Rock.

 

j.

 

nice. same setup i used with the k701 before, except for the interconnect xD

i use a denko cable for my interconnect for adding "meatiness" for the k701.

post #2354 of 3151

How much you need to turn up the Arrow to enjoy a 701 w/o clipping might also depend on the source feeding the Arrow as well.

post #2355 of 3151

I picked up s1rrah's Arrow last night. This thing is awesome. I have never heard my IEM's sound so good. The separation and tight sound is amazing. I need to try it with my full-size cans over the weekend.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations