Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations - Page 156

post #2326 of 3080
Danny, I saw your link to the Arrow manual here:

http://dannytang.ca/Arrow_Manual.pdf

I see at the back of the manual a list of changes for the various versions of the arrow up to the 3G. But is there a newer version of the manual that lists the technical improvements to the 4G?

Also, that manual says the battery charging time is affected by the supply current of the USB connector used. And that if the computer with the USB connector supplies less than 500mA, it could take longer to charge. My question therefore is, is it safe to plug the Arrow into the USB power adapter that Apple ships with its iPad? That adapter can supply 2.1A. And even if the Arrow only requires 500 mA, that iPad USB power adapter would guarantee that level of output. the other benefit to a USB power adapter for an iPad is portability.
post #2327 of 3080

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW View Post

Danny, I saw your link to the Arrow manual here:
http://dannytang.ca/Arrow_Manual.pdf
I see at the back of the manual a list of changes for the various versions of the arrow up to the 3G. But is there a newer version of the manual that lists the technical improvements to the 4G?

 

Hi,

 

When I made the PDF of the manual from the old Headphonia forums Robert had a change log up to the 3G. If anyone has and official change log from Robert or another reliable source, I'd be glad to update the manual I'm hosting on my site.

post #2328 of 3080

Got my 4G in the mail today after purchasing from a fellow head-fier...I am upgrading from a PA2V2 (prior to that a FiiO E7) and am loving it so far...it pairs well with both my Blox M2C and my Grado SR325is.

 

Aside from the fantastic form factor and build quality, sound is top notch, and the manual switches for bass, crossfeed, etc are great. Can see why these are so freaking popular...

post #2329 of 3080

Has anybody ordered from the latest batch to come out this week? I still have yet to receive confirmation from Robert regarding my order that was supposed to be shipped on the 15th.
 

post #2330 of 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil2dot6 View Post

Has anybody ordered from the latest batch to come out this week? I still have yet to receive confirmation from Robert regarding my order that was supposed to be shipped on the 15th.
 

 

I'm about to. I asked about them being in stock and Robert replied, "it depends on your location. When you are in the U.S. then your order would ship in one week from California. Other orders will ship from Hong Kong or Germany."

 

I'm in the US.

post #2331 of 3080

Nice to see this great little amp getting the love it deserves instead of just reading waiting complaints!

 

@Fusillade

 

Do you realize you can just edit/correct your (erroneous) post instead of asking others to disregard it?
 


Edited by Hellenback - 5/20/12 at 10:10pm
post #2332 of 3080
Yes, I do know that. But I hate deleting my own posts, I'd rather show that I was wrong.
post #2333 of 3080

I ordered mine at the end of March, 28th or so, and just got it in the mail yesterday afternoon.  I am in the US so mine shipped out from Cali.  I am just loving the size of this amp as well as the sound quality from such a small source.  I do have one question, is there a good portable way to charge this amp without resorting to dragging my laptop or pc along for the ride?

post #2334 of 3080

I'll bet that there are power plugs that have a usb interface for charging on the go. Similar to the one Apple is using for iPhone charging.

post #2335 of 3080
Originally Posted by archer276 View Post

I ordered mine at the end of March, 28th or so, and just got it in the mail yesterday afternoon.  I am in the US so mine shipped out from Cali.  I am just loving the size of this amp as well as the sound quality from such a small source.  I do have one question, is there a good portable way to charge this amp without resorting to dragging my laptop or pc along for the ride?

 

Here's what I've been using for a long time.. 5V output (just like a USB port).. works perfectly & has never given me any problem (Arrow's battery running like a champ with fantastic run time):

 

319XPCCCTQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

post #2336 of 3080
post #2337 of 3080

Or a high capacity li-ion portable external battery pack made to power iphones/idevices and anything that takes 5V USB standard or mini in size.  Justmobile specializes in this need.

post #2338 of 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post

I'll bet that there are power plugs that have a usb interface for charging on the go. Similar to the one Apple is using for iPhone charging.

There are - and you can use the Apple one too. It is JUST a USB AC Adapter and that is all it is.

post #2339 of 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird View Post

There are - and you can use the Apple one too. It is JUST a USB AC Adapter and that is all it is.


That is good news.  That makes it so I can take 1 charger and cover my iPod and Arrow4G.

post #2340 of 3080

That's awesome, I was wondering about that (headed out for the long weekend coming up here in the US and don't want to be caught with my pants down...well, metaphorically speaking anyway.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations