Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How many pairs of the same headphone do you have?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many pairs of the same headphone do you have?

post #1 of 47
Thread Starter 
Different ohms and #'s count as well. I know one member who had 4 Y1000. Ultra rare, and worth a small fortune. I have 8 DT48. 9 soon. I hope. Anyone have more then 3 pair of the same headphone? Join the compulsive disorder club. Headphones we are afraid will be gone by next mornin, so we grab all we can!!
post #2 of 47
2 cx 300's one my brother is using the other my wife uses.
post #3 of 47
I always thought I had good reasons(excuses) for having two of the same headphones- two HF-2 because they are limited editions; two ksc 75 because they are cheap. Two black Grado 325 because one has pink drivers and the other one has gold letterings; two RS1 becasue one of them is vintage.
Maybe I'm just a member of the compulsive disorder club.
post #4 of 47
I lost my IE8 on gym class but I liked it so much I decided to buy another one.
post #5 of 47
I have the 701 and 702.
post #6 of 47
I had three pairs of the DT48 at one time, but I sold a pair. I'd buy another interesting vintage pair if one shows up.

Someday, I'd like to add a couple more a couple more pairs of the K-1000 to the collection.
post #7 of 47
2 x AKG K1000.
I have had 2 x Stax SR-Lambda Pro and 2 x Stax SR-X/MK3 in the past, but never had more than two of one model.
post #8 of 47
Don't have any 2nd pair of the same model though I have thought about ownin' a 2nd pair of hd800's, may happen somewhere down the road.
post #9 of 47
Currently have 3 SR-003/001s and will soon be up to 4. Had 2 O2s at some point and IIRC 4 K340s but I'm down to 1 pair of each of those.

So yeah, I guess you could say that I'm one to hoard. I still have the first pair of really good cans I've ever had, a SR-001 Mk2.
post #10 of 47
In before fitz.
post #11 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
Different ohms and #'s count as well. I know one member who had 4 Y1000. Ultra rare, and worth a small fortune. I have 8 DT48. 9 soon. I hope. Anyone have more then 3 pair of the same headphone? Join the compulsive disorder club. Headphones we are afraid will be gone by next mornin, so we grab all we can!!
can i ask you why you need 9 pairs of DT48 ?? Do you have 18 ears on your head ?
Instead of having 9 pairs, wouldnt be wiser to buy something you really need or want (hello T1, HD800) ?
post #12 of 47
For collecting perhaps? That is the only reason I can think of having more then one more pair of the same headphone. I wouldn´t buy headphones that breaks every other year or so anyway even if I liked them.
post #13 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKu View Post
can i ask you why you need 9 pairs of DT48 ?? Do you have 18 ears on your head ?
Instead of having 9 pairs, wouldnt be wiser to buy something you really need or want (hello T1, HD800) ?
Different ohms 5,8,25,200.. Different models A,S,E.. Different magnets.. The a version are audio metric.. Trust me.. If they were all the same sound, model, & ohm I would have stopped at 2 or 3.. & pretty cheap used..
post #14 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
For collecting perhaps? That is the only reason I can think of having more then one more pair of the same headphone. I wouldn´t buy headphones that breaks every other year or so anyway even if I liked them.
That too..Vintage. nostalgia, low cost, collection, all come into play.. Fitz had every AKG every made, minus the 701 cause he didn't like them.
post #15 of 47
2 pairs of grados.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How many pairs of the same headphone do you have?