- 7,751 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Woody Point, QLD, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 8/22/14 at 6:26am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Receivers with seperate headphone amp & high end dac + networking , USB , Toslink ... Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I have no clue what amp or dac, or whatever, to get Last post on 9/29/12 at 11:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
LOD question I am embarrassed to ask - Page 3post #31 of 383/8/10 at 6:11pmyes, the ipod uses digital out whenever you dock it with your computer and play audio through it, it doesnt use USB as you would think in this instance, but rather i2s, but these i2s pins are as noted locked and the magic dust to unlock it is proprietary ie. something that would run you more than you could sell yor entire extended family;s kidneys for
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 383/8/10 at 7:45pmQuote:yes, the ipod uses digital out whenever you dock it with your computer and play audio through it, it doesnt use USB as you would think in this instance, but rather i2s, but these i2s pins are as noted locked and the magic dust to unlock it is proprietary ie. something that would run you more than you could sell yor entire extended family;s kidneys forpost #33 of 383/8/10 at 8:35pmnope, AFAIK it runs by i2s, i2s being the standard for audio on traces anyway on the internals of pretty much any dac. thats why there are docks out that do not require the ipod to be modified and apparently the guy who designs the amps for ALO now isworking with apple to do exactly what you speak of, he used top work for apple and knows the recipe for the secret sauce. I had assumed usb just like you, but if you think about it it would actually require more work to stream it, thats what the pioneer car audio systems do now too. I could totally be wrong, but I dont think so, certainly the tech is there because its already in use; any company that actually works with apply to release a digital dock does not require any hardware mods, only those that took the back door dopost #34 of 383/2/11 at 10:21amThread Starter
Ok so it's been a year, have their been any new developments or products that 'unlock' the ipod's straight-up digital signal? Something that bypasses not only the internal amp but the DAC as well? I've been on sabbatical for a year, so I'm a bit rusty, please excuse me if I missed something obvious.post #35 of 383/2/11 at 11:36ampost #36 of 383/3/11 at 3:28pmpost #37 of 383/3/11 at 4:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pitts Pilot
I'm definitely a Noob, but I think the iStreamer may do what some of you are wanting.
Yes. Here's a good run down for it:
- LOD question I am embarrassed to ask
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 seconds ago
- › ADEL™ Drum Earbuds 9 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 42 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 44 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear