At least they are reasonably priced, now I have to get an 801, and well, I can't say the same about that!
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/3/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/12/10
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 7/12/10
- productUE 4Protagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JHA lost JH16 & UE11 UPDATE Last post on 3/31/11 at 2:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good, cheap IEM's with Ambient Tubes? Last post on 7/24/10 at 7:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's Last post on 2/28/15 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on Today at 12:13 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
AGAINST JH/UE DRIVER WARS: A First view of EarSonics EM3-Pro Customs - Page 10post #136 of 1701/13/11 at 4:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1701/13/11 at 5:03pmpost #138 of 1702/21/11 at 1:08ampost #139 of 1702/21/11 at 2:28ampost #140 of 1702/21/11 at 6:55amQuote:
Adding a drive to an EM3 Pro so it will sound the same; If you want the same sound, why add a driver? And I believe UM won't reshell an EM3 Pro because it is solid acrylic.Quote:
I don't think there is anyone that has the two. I would guess the EM3 Pro is more musical, but the IERM is more accurate/realistic. The EM3 Pro is on the warm side of neutral...post #141 of 1702/21/11 at 11:47amQuote:
That's a very strange thing to do. If you think that more=better, you're making a big mistake.
post #142 of 1702/22/11 at 4:14pm
No I was just wondering thats all, to see if anyones done it, that kind of thing.
Are you serious? Does that mean I can't get a remould? =S
post #143 of 1702/22/11 at 4:18pmQuote:
Most people I've seen that add drivers end up selling them at substantial loss. You can get a remold just use somebody else.post #144 of 1702/22/11 at 10:11pm
Who do you know that added drivers and ended up selling?
Quote:Originally Posted by GuyDebord
The TWag arrived! (pre-cooked) the synergy with the EM3pro's is scary, I couldnt stop! the listening session ended at 3am. The aural pleasure that these customs gave me, now clearly succeeded the JH13pro's. The slight precision I was missing was now there, the bass was somehow more controlled, the highs and the soundstage... oh my... oh my...
Technically I still cannot say which one is better, as both are amazing, many may still prefer the monitoresque sound of the JH13pro's, but the EM3pro's stimulate my senses in an indescribable way, aural nirvana... Musically, I can convincingly say that I prefer them and this is what matters most to me. Amazing what cable synergy can do....
Now to wait for the pico slim....
I just finished cooking my Whiplash Elite TWag v2 cable and wow, you are so right, the synergy with the EM3 Pro is scary! I A/Bed them with the stock cable and let me just say that with 2 of the 3 tracks I tested far, they made a nice difference in space and clarity while somehow reducing the mid-bass but not reducing the richness of the sound. I really didn't like the combination of the Clip+ with the EM3 Pro, but now I can say I actually think they sound great together! My three test tracks included Yes - It Can Happen; Eric Clapton - Layla; Armin van Buuren - Sail. After a lot of switching back and forth (I really hope the plugs on the EM3 Pro hold up) the cable seems to separate the presentation more precisely improving the clarity as the tracks became more complex. When the complexity was low, the only difference was the overall size, which was, on average, slightly larger. But with the Elite TWag cable the more distant queues became much more distant. My biggest complaint about the EM3 Pro was the size of the space in comparison with my two other customs. With the TWag cable, the space has improved to nearly the sized of the Fabs and the presentation has seemed to move slightly more in front of me than all around me, which is a good thing IMO.
Am I happy with my TWag purchase, yes, very. The cable improves the technical ability of the EM3 Pro while making sound more musical to my ears; well done Whiplash! And I am replacing my 601 with an 801, so I don't have a HiFiMan source, but I was very happy with the 601 synergy with the EM3 Pro; I am looking forward to the 801 now that I have the Whiplash TWag cable.post #145 of 1702/22/11 at 10:26pm
^^ I've seen 3-4 people put their remolded multiple multi TF10s or other hybrid UM creations up in FS. Been about 3-4 months since I saw the last one. Seemed like the craze was dying down which makes sense to me. Don't recall names off the top.post #146 of 1702/22/11 at 11:15pm
Only the TF10 remolds with additional drivers? OK, but I don't think UM will remold the EM3 Pro anyways (check the Chinese site) as they are solid acrylic, not shells. If I recall correctly, even Earsonics said they can not be remolded.post #147 of 1702/22/11 at 11:46pmQuote:
Yes, I was referring to the TF10 Franken builds. Even some of the 530 Frankens too I think.post #148 of 1702/23/11 at 12:32amQuote:
Here is the perceived hearing response of several people http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp33/Spirit-o-N-/1000x500px-LL-59014580_HRTF.png?t=1298449861 that has been inverted on the x and y axis to show an ideal neutral response.
That graph is a roller coaster in comparison.post #149 of 1702/26/11 at 6:19am
I have to ask, for those who know about SM3s and the EM3-Pros, would a remolded SM3 sound exactly like the EM3-Pros?
Or rather what makes the EM3-Pro different from the SM3 other than the custom fit and the price tag?post #150 of 1702/26/11 at 7:38amQuote:
The SM3 is a 3-way system (2 crossovers) and the EM3 Pro is a 2-way design. The drivers are of course also different, with the EM3 Pro drivers being much larger, and the one post I remember from someone that had their SM3 reshelled and had access to a SM3 reported minor differences between the two.
So no, they will sound different. The EM3 Pro is clearer, has more bass power with a little less warmth but better punch, the midrange is a little less thick and has less upper mid emphasis, and the treble is more prominent with better detail.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AGAINST JH/UE DRIVER WARS: A First view of EarSonics EM3-Pro Customs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › stax SRD-7 adapter capacitor replacement question? noob question 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2