At least they are reasonably priced, now I have to get an 801, and well, I can't say the same about that!
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/3/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/12/10
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 7/12/10
- productUE 4Protagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JHA lost JH16 & UE11 UPDATE Last post on 3/31/11 at 2:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good, cheap IEM's with Ambient Tubes? Last post on 7/24/10 at 7:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's Last post on Yesterday at 2:53 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:41 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
AGAINST JH/UE DRIVER WARS: A First view of EarSonics EM3-Pro Customs - Page 10post #136 of 1701/13/11 at 4:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1701/13/11 at 5:03pmpost #138 of 1702/21/11 at 1:08ampost #139 of 1702/21/11 at 2:28ampost #140 of 1702/21/11 at 6:55amQuote:
Adding a drive to an EM3 Pro so it will sound the same; If you want the same sound, why add a driver? And I believe UM won't reshell an EM3 Pro because it is solid acrylic.Quote:
I don't think there is anyone that has the two. I would guess the EM3 Pro is more musical, but the IERM is more accurate/realistic. The EM3 Pro is on the warm side of neutral...post #141 of 1702/21/11 at 11:47amQuote:
That's a very strange thing to do. If you think that more=better, you're making a big mistake.
post #142 of 1702/22/11 at 4:14pm
No I was just wondering thats all, to see if anyones done it, that kind of thing.
Are you serious? Does that mean I can't get a remould? =S
post #143 of 1702/22/11 at 4:18pmQuote:
Most people I've seen that add drivers end up selling them at substantial loss. You can get a remold just use somebody else.post #144 of 1702/22/11 at 10:11pm
Who do you know that added drivers and ended up selling?
Quote:Originally Posted by GuyDebord
The TWag arrived! (pre-cooked) the synergy with the EM3pro's is scary, I couldnt stop! the listening session ended at 3am. The aural pleasure that these customs gave me, now clearly succeeded the JH13pro's. The slight precision I was missing was now there, the bass was somehow more controlled, the highs and the soundstage... oh my... oh my...
Technically I still cannot say which one is better, as both are amazing, many may still prefer the monitoresque sound of the JH13pro's, but the EM3pro's stimulate my senses in an indescribable way, aural nirvana... Musically, I can convincingly say that I prefer them and this is what matters most to me. Amazing what cable synergy can do....
Now to wait for the pico slim....
I just finished cooking my Whiplash Elite TWag v2 cable and wow, you are so right, the synergy with the EM3 Pro is scary! I A/Bed them with the stock cable and let me just say that with 2 of the 3 tracks I tested far, they made a nice difference in space and clarity while somehow reducing the mid-bass but not reducing the richness of the sound. I really didn't like the combination of the Clip+ with the EM3 Pro, but now I can say I actually think they sound great together! My three test tracks included Yes - It Can Happen; Eric Clapton - Layla; Armin van Buuren - Sail. After a lot of switching back and forth (I really hope the plugs on the EM3 Pro hold up) the cable seems to separate the presentation more precisely improving the clarity as the tracks became more complex. When the complexity was low, the only difference was the overall size, which was, on average, slightly larger. But with the Elite TWag cable the more distant queues became much more distant. My biggest complaint about the EM3 Pro was the size of the space in comparison with my two other customs. With the TWag cable, the space has improved to nearly the sized of the Fabs and the presentation has seemed to move slightly more in front of me than all around me, which is a good thing IMO.
Am I happy with my TWag purchase, yes, very. The cable improves the technical ability of the EM3 Pro while making sound more musical to my ears; well done Whiplash! And I am replacing my 601 with an 801, so I don't have a HiFiMan source, but I was very happy with the 601 synergy with the EM3 Pro; I am looking forward to the 801 now that I have the Whiplash TWag cable.post #145 of 1702/22/11 at 10:26pm
^^ I've seen 3-4 people put their remolded multiple multi TF10s or other hybrid UM creations up in FS. Been about 3-4 months since I saw the last one. Seemed like the craze was dying down which makes sense to me. Don't recall names off the top.post #146 of 1702/22/11 at 11:15pm
Only the TF10 remolds with additional drivers? OK, but I don't think UM will remold the EM3 Pro anyways (check the Chinese site) as they are solid acrylic, not shells. If I recall correctly, even Earsonics said they can not be remolded.post #147 of 1702/22/11 at 11:46pmQuote:
Yes, I was referring to the TF10 Franken builds. Even some of the 530 Frankens too I think.post #148 of 1702/23/11 at 12:32amQuote:
Here is the perceived hearing response of several people http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp33/Spirit-o-N-/1000x500px-LL-59014580_HRTF.png?t=1298449861 that has been inverted on the x and y axis to show an ideal neutral response.
That graph is a roller coaster in comparison.post #149 of 1702/26/11 at 6:19am
I have to ask, for those who know about SM3s and the EM3-Pros, would a remolded SM3 sound exactly like the EM3-Pros?
Or rather what makes the EM3-Pro different from the SM3 other than the custom fit and the price tag?post #150 of 1702/26/11 at 7:38amQuote:
The SM3 is a 3-way system (2 crossovers) and the EM3 Pro is a 2-way design. The drivers are of course also different, with the EM3 Pro drivers being much larger, and the one post I remember from someone that had their SM3 reshelled and had access to a SM3 reported minor differences between the two.
So no, they will sound different. The EM3 Pro is clearer, has more bass power with a little less warmth but better punch, the midrange is a little less thick and has less upper mid emphasis, and the treble is more prominent with better detail.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AGAINST JH/UE DRIVER WARS: A First view of EarSonics EM3-Pro Customs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 30 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › Digital Multimeter Extech? 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Over-The-Ear Headphones under $200?? 1 minute ago
- › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" 2 minutes ago
- › Choosing hd 598, how bad is the sound leak? 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude