Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW (more to come) - CEntrance DACport 24/96 USB DAC Amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW (more to come) - CEntrance DACport 24/96 USB DAC Amp - Page 23

post #331 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

You guys are never happy eek.gif

 

I'm joking biggrin.gif

 

Please don't take it to seriously.. Do apologize me for my recent post smile.gif

post #332 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksef10 View Post

Hey Everyone,

 

Please note price changes for DACport ($300) and DACport LX ($250).

 

beyersmile.png

 

-Kenny

 

Good news,

 

One question, is this official only for Centrance online shop or international affiliates/distributors as well ?


Edited by loopfreak - 10/17/12 at 6:49am
post #333 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinharis View Post

 

I'm joking biggrin.gif

 

Please don't take it to seriously.. Do apologize me for my recent post smile.gif


I'm not ;)...

post #334 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I'm not ;)...

 

Talking about Sample Rate, i'm eager to try the HiFi-M8, but that would be another topic smile.gif

post #335 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopfreak View Post

 

Good news,

 

One question, is this official only for Centrance online shop or international affiliates/distributors as well ?


That is the new MAP for all distributors.

post #336 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksef10 View Post


That is the new MAP for all distributors.


Not sure if you read my comments earlier? Have you guys considered adding 24/192 support for the DACport LX and DACport? I see this as the only flaw with your products now. Otherwise they are superb.

post #337 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksef10 View Post


That is the new MAP for all distributors.


THX

post #338 of 479
Thread Starter 

The new price is just insanely great, I thought that was a RMAF show special price only!

post #339 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Not sure if you read my comments earlier? Have you guys considered adding 24/192 support for the DACport LX and DACport? I see this as the only flaw with your products now. Otherwise they are superb.

At this time we are not considering that. Maybe down the road a bit though. HiFi-M8 will be 24/192 compatible though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

The new price is just insanely great, I thought that was a RMAF show special price only!


We decided to keep it that way to stay competitive with all the new products coming out.

post #340 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksef10 View Post

At this time we are not considering that. Maybe down the road a bit though. HiFi-M8 will be 24/192 compatible though.

 


We decided to keep it that way to stay competitive with all the new products coming out.


Well whenever that happens keep me posted. I may be in the market for an ugrade :). I'd rather have a pure DAC as I am using my Triad L3 with my IEMs.

post #341 of 479
Just like to share that I use my DACport at work today connected throughout a powered USB hub and I notice better bass and an increase in the soundstage. It's that possible??? The main reason was to eliminate the intermittent cut out I was getting. Basically had to go in output playback option in Foobar to reset the playback. Now it's fix but get more then expected. biggrin.gif
post #342 of 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Just like to share that I use my DACport at work today connected throughout a powered USB hub and I notice better bass and an increase in the soundstage. It's that possible??? The main reason was to eliminate the intermittent cut out I was getting. Basically had to go in output playback option in Foobar to reset the playback. Now it's fix but get more then expected. biggrin.gif


It very well could be. If the unit wasn't getting enough power then I don't see why not. I also had noticed more dynamics once I plugged the unit into a consistent power source.

post #343 of 479

I just received my new DACport LX today.

 

I already had some cables, so my path may look a bit wierd:

 

I'm going Foobar --> DacPort LX (from powered USB hub)  --> Monster MCL MST2FR Stereo 1/4 maale to dul RCA female --> Audioquest Mini3 RCA to 1/8 --> Meier Stepdance --> Beyerdynamic DT-990 Premium (250 Ohm).

 

 

 

 

Maybe I'm imagining things, but even coming from an iMod 5.5G I am still wowed by the sound. Bass is not necessarily deeper, but is more "there". Treble decay is fantastic. I have the HDTracks/Head-fi "Open your Ears" FLACs (24/96)) and I'm listening to "Gadamaylin" (Track 5), and for the first time I'm hearing that deep, almost sub-audbile rumbling at about 0:50. I had to open up foobar's oscilloscope just to make sure I was hearing music and not a flaw in the device. I've been listening for about 2 hours now, and its warm, but not hot, to the touch. I am really glad I purchased it, and now cannot wait until I get the Jazz from Meier and (hopefully) a pair of AHD-7000s that I think I just got on ebay. Of course, my kids may go without food this week, but...... blink.gif

 

 

One, probably stupid, question. If the input to the DAC is ostensibly 100% digital (and I have foobar's output set to the CEntrance), what is the volume in foobar doing and how does it affect the output. Isn't it just a bunch of 1s and 0s, or is it sending a setting to an adjustable gain in the LX?


Edited by Avi - 10/23/12 at 10:13am
post #344 of 479

If you are concerned about bit for bit playback try media monkey. Once set to bit for bit it will lock the volume control and that will need to be done via your amp (true bit for bit). WASAPI will be readily available on Media Monkey and you can install the ASIO plug in to have both options. I find ASIO to have more emphasis on treble while WASAPI is a bit more fun and has more warmth. Since my IEMs tend to have bass emphasis already I tend to stick with ASIO.
 


Edited by lee730 - 10/23/12 at 10:21am
post #345 of 479

I am running on Windows XP now, which does not have WASAPI. WHen I get home tonight, I will set up my home Win 7 64 computer and see how that works. I downloaded CEntrance's drivers for the Dacport LX, which include an ASIO driver, and set foobar to play through the ASIO:Dacport and not the DS:Dacport. Now I can call up the control panel and see that the Sample rate that the Dacport LX is using is the same as the sample rate of the file. Using the DirectSound ouput, that isn't the case; the control panel always shows what I select, not what the music is. Does this mean that Windows is resampling as it sends to the LX?

 

Also, on this setting,whenever the sample rate of the input changes, there is a 3 to 5 second delay before foobar plays; as if it takes a few seconds for either foobar or the DACport LX to switch sampling rates. There is no delay when using Directsound (DS). This is still under WinXP for what it is worth.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW (more to come) - CEntrance DACport 24/96 USB DAC Amp