Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best IEM's for bass please
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Blacktagged by System, 9/21/10
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Rubytagged by System, 9/21/10
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Hands-Free Earphone Headset with Microphone (Cobalt Blue, iPhone Compatible)tagged by System, 9/21/10
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/21/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/21/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 9/21/10
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 9/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a IEM with these preferences.... Last post on 12/13/10 at 4:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic HF5/HF2 (maybe others too): wind whistle noise? Last post on 9/13/10 at 1:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic Hf2 upgrade - help me to decide Last post on 8/18/10 at 6:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New review of Ety HF2 & HF5 in Stereophile Last post on 8/16/10 at 1:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose in ear workout headphones: budget $60-200 Last post on 7/19/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Worth the money for anyone wanting a cheap pair of headphones. Won't blow anyone away but for $40 you can't do much better. Build quality is lacking and the cables really suck, so these do have...
Best IEM's for bass please - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1042/25/10 at 4:59pmPeople think I am crazy when I say this, but it's very true
Insignia has a portable HD radio player and it comes with what may be the best stock headphones ever. The bass on them is just incredible. The highs are crystal clear, they are just awesome in every way. For the price, they smash every single set I've ever used included the expensive sets. They are the best value to ever exist. If you can land a set for 10$ from someone here on headfi or elsewhere who doesnt use them, you will save a few hundred because they sound very similar to the original monster turbines.post #78 of 1042/25/10 at 8:17pmDude if you want more bass than anything else, the cks70s ROCK. They will handle anything you throw at them with ease. The ie8s come close but they balance the bass with mid and treble. If money is an issue go for the cks70s, bass bass and more bass. If you can go the extra dough, got to go with ie8s. Just MHO, but I have tried them all and I love DEEP, kick you in the head bass, more than most people....good luck....post #79 of 1042/26/10 at 6:32ampost #80 of 1042/26/10 at 2:13pmpost #81 of 1042/26/10 at 2:33pmI'm not sure if you are still considering the UM2, but if so I would take it off your list. At $300, there are better bang/buck earphones out there. I do like mine a lot though. Better deals have popped up since then in my opinion.
The UM2, to me, is a darker and warmer earphone. It certainly has good bass response and just enough treble detail to provide a good listening experience.
I'd say that the nuforce NE-6 would be a great bang/buck earphone for bass centered music. They use a single dynamic driver. It's easier for dynamic drivers to convey high bass quantity (and deep, sub bass) than it is for balanced armature. Because of this they respond to EQ more than any of my BA phones, if EQ is your thing. Their signature is slightly dark and bass heavy with forward mids and treble that is sharp but not overbearing.post #82 of 1042/26/10 at 5:00pmQuote:I also recommend JVC FX500( or new FX700) it's bass goes really deep and reverb not punchy as some other IEMs include IE8. The mids and highs are clean detailed with really wide soundstage.
Whoever suggested the NE-7M (and since I think the NE-6 is the same phone just without the microphone, same story there) earlier should try these. I can't take my NE-7M anymore (the low bass just *isn't there*, it's not recessed, it's completely absent whereas the RE0 at least seems to be able to produce a meek amount of it) after using the FX500 for a month.post #83 of 1043/13/10 at 5:57pmpost #84 of 1043/13/10 at 6:12pmpost #85 of 1043/13/10 at 10:28pmpost #86 of 1043/13/10 at 10:42pmpost #87 of 1043/13/10 at 11:00pmMTP Gold and IE8, the gold is not as bassy as the IE8 but has more forward mids and treble. The IE8 is very bassy with a significant midbass hump but also has a huge sound stage. They are both nicely detailed and have good instrument seperation but the MTP Gold is more obvious because it is a more forward sounding IEM.post #88 of 1049/20/10 at 6:03pmpost #89 of 1041/30/11 at 7:49pm
klipsch s4 loves dubstep. i didnt know the genre till around the same time i bought these iems, now i have found myself downloading several dubstep artists just to enjoy the low end.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's for bass please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Currently, there are 3221 Active Users (544 Members and 2677 Guests)
- › Pioneer XDP-300R DAP - Dual ES9018K2M, Balanced Out, Android 5.1,... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 8 minutes ago
- › HD600 portable DAC/AMP 11 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 11 minutes ago
- › I need something that does 4 watts at 32 ohm, 2 watts at 50ohm... 12 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Unique Wood Grain Photos 12 minutes ago
- › Bit Perfect Audio from Linux 16 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear