- 244 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/13/10
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Good IEMs for under $200 Last post on 12/7/10 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need me some IEMs Last post on 8/3/10 at 11:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re-shell Klipsch Custom 2 or get new phones? Last post on 10/9/11 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Recommendations Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
Clash of the Titans: HJE900 vs. CK10 vs. Turbine Pro Gold - Page 7post #91 of 1253/1/10 at 12:06amhey joker, what full-size would you compare ck10 to?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1253/1/10 at 2:29amThread StarterQuote:For those who have had both, would you say that the HJE900 is the logical upgrade in terms of sound signature from the Meelelec M6?
tl;dr Yes and no. I say yes because I didn't find the HJE900 nearly as hard to like as some people say.post #93 of 1253/9/10 at 5:01pmpost #94 of 1253/9/10 at 9:39pmThread StarterThe CK10 by a long shot. When worn natively (over-the-ear) and inserted properly they are extremely secure. They are also the best-built and have no microphonics, which is ideal for exercising. I remember Shigzeo saying that the CK10 was his favorite active IEM, and I agree.post #95 of 1256/6/10 at 11:14ampost #96 of 1256/6/10 at 8:57pmThread Starter
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting to see this thread bumped and my notifications aren't working so well. Glad you like the phones. Still one of the best ~$100 sets out there IMO and I don't expect that to change anytime soon .
post #97 of 1257/13/10 at 6:03am
Yep, appreciate the review Joker. I'm really liking the description--and price--of the Panasonic. Where are you finding them for ~$100? The lowest I see them being offered--non ebay--is $129.post #98 of 1257/13/10 at 9:00am
This article is pretty old, and since the Pannies have gone up in price do to higher demand. I'm guessing you found them at such price at JR? As far as I know, that is the lowest price. JR actually were the ones who had it at 109, the price at which I bought mine. Once the stock ran out due to demand, they brought them back in at higher(though still the cheapest) price. I'm still using mine and I love them as much as ever.post #99 of 1257/13/10 at 9:16ampost #100 of 1257/13/10 at 9:22ampost #101 of 1257/13/10 at 1:26pmThread Starter
Yeah, that's right - they were $109 at J&R back when I wrote this but the price has gone up since. They are still very competitive at $130 though. And I really doubt there's fakes of these out there. The manufacturing cost is too high and the housings are pretty distinctive. They wouldn't really feel right if they were made out of plastic or metal.
Edited by ljokerl - 7/13/10 at 1:27pmpost #102 of 1257/13/10 at 2:00pm
This is what happens when good cheap products get popular :P Also $130 still isn't bad although I live in New York where J&R is located so I would have to pay tax on top but I don't have to wait for shipping so a tradeoff I guess ;ppost #103 of 1257/13/10 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Napilopez
This article is pretty old, and since the Pannies have gone up in price do to higher demand. I'm guessing you found them at such price at JR? As far as I know, that is the lowest price. JR actually were the ones who had it at 109, the price at which I bought mine. Once the stock ran out due to demand, they brought them back in at higher(though still the cheapest) price. I'm still using mine and I love them as much as ever.
Yes, JR and a couple of other NY sellers. I'm wondering if they ever go on sale. Or will the price stay constant at $129 going forward?post #104 of 1257/13/10 at 4:38pm
Personally, I don't expect them to go down in pice anytime soon, especially given that they are really more of a Japanese Semi-Import(they aren't even listed in Panasonic's US website, even if the box is in english). The Japanese version actually comes with a lot fancier packaging and better accessories from what I've seen. But yea, I can't see the price going down any time soon unless some new retailer carries it, or Panny releases an HJE1000 =]post #105 of 1257/13/10 at 6:57pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clash of the Titans: HJE900 vs. CK10 vs. Turbine Pro Gold
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Mojo's Greatest Hits 29 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 29 seconds ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › LCD-3F (2015) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added... 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear