- 244 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/13/10
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Good IEMs for under $200 Last post on 12/7/10 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need me some IEMs Last post on 8/3/10 at 11:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re-shell Klipsch Custom 2 or get new phones? Last post on 10/9/11 at 12:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Recommendations Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Clash of the Titans: HJE900 vs. CK10 vs. Turbine Pro Gold - Page 7post #91 of 1253/1/10 at 12:06amhey joker, what full-size would you compare ck10 to?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1253/1/10 at 2:29amThread StarterQuote:For those who have had both, would you say that the HJE900 is the logical upgrade in terms of sound signature from the Meelelec M6?
tl;dr Yes and no. I say yes because I didn't find the HJE900 nearly as hard to like as some people say.post #93 of 1253/9/10 at 5:01pmpost #94 of 1253/9/10 at 9:39pmThread StarterThe CK10 by a long shot. When worn natively (over-the-ear) and inserted properly they are extremely secure. They are also the best-built and have no microphonics, which is ideal for exercising. I remember Shigzeo saying that the CK10 was his favorite active IEM, and I agree.post #95 of 1256/6/10 at 11:14ampost #96 of 1256/6/10 at 8:57pmThread Starter
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting to see this thread bumped and my notifications aren't working so well. Glad you like the phones. Still one of the best ~$100 sets out there IMO and I don't expect that to change anytime soon .
post #97 of 1257/13/10 at 6:03am
Yep, appreciate the review Joker. I'm really liking the description--and price--of the Panasonic. Where are you finding them for ~$100? The lowest I see them being offered--non ebay--is $129.post #98 of 1257/13/10 at 9:00am
This article is pretty old, and since the Pannies have gone up in price do to higher demand. I'm guessing you found them at such price at JR? As far as I know, that is the lowest price. JR actually were the ones who had it at 109, the price at which I bought mine. Once the stock ran out due to demand, they brought them back in at higher(though still the cheapest) price. I'm still using mine and I love them as much as ever.post #99 of 1257/13/10 at 9:16ampost #100 of 1257/13/10 at 9:22ampost #101 of 1257/13/10 at 1:26pmThread Starter
Yeah, that's right - they were $109 at J&R back when I wrote this but the price has gone up since. They are still very competitive at $130 though. And I really doubt there's fakes of these out there. The manufacturing cost is too high and the housings are pretty distinctive. They wouldn't really feel right if they were made out of plastic or metal.
Edited by ljokerl - 7/13/10 at 1:27pmpost #102 of 1257/13/10 at 2:00pm
This is what happens when good cheap products get popular :P Also $130 still isn't bad although I live in New York where J&R is located so I would have to pay tax on top but I don't have to wait for shipping so a tradeoff I guess ;ppost #103 of 1257/13/10 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Napilopez
This article is pretty old, and since the Pannies have gone up in price do to higher demand. I'm guessing you found them at such price at JR? As far as I know, that is the lowest price. JR actually were the ones who had it at 109, the price at which I bought mine. Once the stock ran out due to demand, they brought them back in at higher(though still the cheapest) price. I'm still using mine and I love them as much as ever.
Yes, JR and a couple of other NY sellers. I'm wondering if they ever go on sale. Or will the price stay constant at $129 going forward?post #104 of 1257/13/10 at 4:38pm
Personally, I don't expect them to go down in pice anytime soon, especially given that they are really more of a Japanese Semi-Import(they aren't even listed in Panasonic's US website, even if the box is in english). The Japanese version actually comes with a lot fancier packaging and better accessories from what I've seen. But yea, I can't see the price going down any time soon unless some new retailer carries it, or Panny releases an HJE1000 =]post #105 of 1257/13/10 at 6:57pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clash of the Titans: HJE900 vs. CK10 vs. Turbine Pro Gold
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 5 seconds ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 13 seconds ago
- › Linum update and the new Linum Super BaX on tour 42 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 44 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D problems 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear