Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Video-Game Console-fi
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Video-Game Console-fi - Page 2

post #16 of 122
Thread Starter 
Well I gotta say that I am a casual gamer as well, but I am getting one of these rigs to go with my G27 and PS3:

Playseat Alcantara Black on Black
post #17 of 122
I've got:
PS3
PS2 (modded with chip and HDD)
PS1 (modded with chip, don't use anymore since the modded PS2 plays backup PS1 games)
PSP (softmodded, with all the good emulators)
Sega Dreamcast (just picked up a little while ago off ebay, burned games play without any mods and are available at many sites, also has some good emulators)
Atari Lynx (version 2)

Have had:
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Atari Lynx (version 1)
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
Gameboy (original)

Looking for:
Neo Geo (AES or consolized MVS)


My PS3 seems to only get used as a media player for music and movies. I play GT5 Prologue on it here and there, but I still have some games new in the wrapping because I'd rather play NeoGeo games emulated on the Dreamcast. I figure I might as well get a Neo Geo soon, but the games can be very pricey. My PS2 is great for shooters (shmups, or shoot em ups).

You can probably tell I don't care for Nintendo systems much. I sold the Gameboy not even a month after buying it and replaced it with the Lynx.
post #18 of 122
all ive currently got is a 360, a PSone and a DS lite, and i only ever play the 360, the psone is in a box somewhere, and the ds is in a drawer and hasnt come out in like 6 months.

Ive had; n64, NES, panasonic 3DO, several gameboy pockets, gameboy color, gameboy advanced, GBA SP, and a couple ds's.

i go through phases on palying video games, like for the last 2 months or so i havent touched the thing, but in the last week i started playing again, and now ive got a lineup to play, just beat dante's inferno(kinda, lucifer is hard as balls), and then ive got Mass Effect 2 to play, and batman arkham asylum, then FF XIII comes out in a couple weeks as well, and ive still got fallout 3 chillin unopened
post #19 of 122
I'm ready for FFXIII now. I've finished my platinum trophy in Dragon Age: Origins already.
post #20 of 122
I have a Wii lol.
post #21 of 122

(Deleted)

(Deleted)
post #22 of 122
I have owned, in order:

Microsoft

– Xbox 360

Nintendo

– SNES
– Game Boy
– Game Boy Pocket
– N64
– Game Boy Color
– Game Boy Advance
– GameCube
– Wii
– DS Lite

Sega

– Genesis
– Game Gear
– Dreamcast

Sony

– PlayStation
– PlayStation 2
– PlayStation Portable Slim
– PlayStation 3 Slim

My all-time favorite systems are:

1. SNES
2. N64
3. Dreamcast

At the moment, I'm really enjoying my PS3. I can't wait for Heavy Rain!
post #23 of 122
I have a N64, PS2, and PS3.

I'll probably get a Wii sometime in the future, because the rest of the family wants one.

I play mostly fighting games, and am semi-serious about them, so I also have a modded MadCatz arcade stick.
post #24 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post
all ive currently got is a 360, a PSone and a DS lite, and i only ever play the 360, the psone is in a box somewhere, and the ds is in a drawer and hasnt come out in like 6 months.

Ive had; n64, NES, panasonic 3DO, several gameboy pockets, gameboy color, gameboy advanced, GBA SP, and a couple ds's.

i go through phases on palying video games, like for the last 2 months or so i havent touched the thing, but in the last week i started playing again, and now ive got a lineup to play, just beat dante's inferno(kinda, lucifer is hard as balls), and then ive got Mass Effect 2 to play, and batman arkham asylum, then FF XIII comes out in a couple weeks as well, and ive still got fallout 3 chillin unopened
i'm the same, sometimes school/college just doesn't give me time.
post #25 of 122
Just wondering, which PSP models can be homebrewed w/games atm?
post #26 of 122
I have:
PS2
PS3
XBOX 360
Atari 2600

Love MW2, Fight Night 4, GTA4 TBGT
Looking forward to Mass Effect 2!

GAME ON!
.
post #27 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
Just wondering, which PSP models can be homebrewed w/games atm?
I'm not sure of the versions, but the originals and a few afterwards were the only ones due to the firmware.
post #28 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
Just wondering, which PSP models can be homebrewed w/games atm?
Supposedly there was an exploit found recently in firmware 6.2 that could potentially allow PSP3000 and PSPgo to have custom firmware.

As of now, I know the PSP1000 and 2000 can be hacked, but the PSPgo hasn't been yet. Not sure about the 3000, haven't been keeping up with that.
post #29 of 122
Wow, haven't seen the Saturn mentioned yet. I've got 2 old Playstations, a 1st gen Xbox, Gamecube, Wii, and a N64 ... but my pride and joy is my modchipped Sega Saturn with about 120 games. Ok they're all burned CD-R's , but they work darnit. Saturn was the last great console for fans of old school 2D platforming and shmups. Radiant Silvergun anyone???
post #30 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanafuda View Post
Wow, haven't seen the Saturn mentioned yet. I've got 2 old Playstations, a 1st gen Xbox, Gamecube, Wii, and a N64 ... but my pride and joy is my modchipped Sega Saturn with about 120 games. Ok they're all burned CD-R's , but they work darnit. Saturn was the last great console for fans of old school 2D platforming and shmups. Radiant Silvergun anyone???
Sega saturn aint unique, no else has mentioned the panasonic 3DO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Video-Game Console-fi