Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published on audioprimate.blog. Introduction I’m a regular watcher...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 106post #1576 of 17754/28/14 at 7:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1577 of 17754/29/14 at 5:11am
B&W P5. I see recommendations for these here and there, and I'm always left scratching my head. It's quite possibly the most congested sounding pair of headphones I've ever listened to, and it's the only headphone purchase that actually pissed me off somewhat.post #1578 of 17754/29/14 at 5:17ampost #1579 of 17754/29/14 at 8:46amQuote:
Wow can it really be that bad? o.o"
Not that I have any chance to listen or even touch it myself. But I am curious towards your impressions towards those pair of headphones.post #1580 of 17754/29/14 at 9:01am
Would have to be Ultimate Ears Superfi 3. My first foray into anything other than department store IEM's. Thought they were spectacular until one day I couldn't find them and put in my old Sonys. I was stunned (and disappointed). From that moment on I started my search/journey into finding great sounding "bargain" IEM's. Haven't had the UE's in my ears for a long long time. Don't really know what to do with them. Maybe I'll donate them to Goodwill.post #1581 of 17754/29/14 at 9:50ampost #1582 of 17754/29/14 at 10:14am
i just got some hisoundaudio wooduo2 IEM's yesterday and thus far they have not given me that "wow" feeling. they have good bass, but everything else just sounds "meh". i'm hoping they'll improve with some burn in or maybe some other tip options.post #1583 of 17754/29/14 at 11:03am
My Sony V6's and ATH-AD700's
The Sony's just did not do it for me....I thought my PX200's sounded better.
The AD 700's where great for gaming but weak (bass) for movies and television.post #1584 of 17754/29/14 at 12:16pmpost #1585 of 17754/29/14 at 12:54pmpost #1586 of 17754/29/14 at 2:08pm
Yeah the exaggeration goes for both the bad and good. I find that the more I buy, the more critical I become in what I want and it's not just about the sound anymore. It's the whole package.
ATH ES7 - very painful to wear: thin pads and hard grip, can't wear them for longer than 15-30 mins. Nice looking though with the shiny cup, pretty cool to own one just to look at.
I don't regret buying them, but wouldn't buy them again.post #1587 of 17754/29/14 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by groovyd
... oh and the biggest regretted purchase not because of the sound or comfort or build quality (they are great in all these things) but the fact that they reduced the price in half a few months later... Philips L1. Comfortable and sound great and are built tough but why did they have to sucker me in at top dollar then totally cut the price?
I just got mine, and agree: they are awesome, especially for about 110 bucks! Really handsome and high quality materials, and so far, sound great!post #1588 of 17754/29/14 at 6:49pmQuote:
Agreed - I actually would have kept my pair if they sounded as good as the $240 Fidelia X1 I picked up today...
(they were beautiful though...)post #1589 of 17754/29/14 at 9:13pmpost #1590 of 17754/30/14 at 8:41am
Got them a year ago for $30 with the intent of modding...never happened; wasted potential (and ongoing regret) due to my laziness. Lesson learned though as I haven't bought the T50RPs -- which would displace the 428s as my most regretted purchase if I did.
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 6 seconds ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 53 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 6 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear