hd650 - the bass was loose, not satisfying. overall the phone sounded slow and unexciting. enter the he-400 :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 105post #1561 of 17321/12/14 at 2:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1562 of 17321/12/14 at 4:40pmpost #1563 of 17321/13/14 at 8:51ampost #1564 of 17321/13/14 at 3:40pm
Everything. Sloppy, loose bass (crackles, ugh) on tracks that don't have much bass to begin with. Harsh, shrill treble. Overall just a total disappointment. I've owned other Grados as well (PS500s, 325is) and have heard others (Rs1i, Rs2i, GS1000i) so I'm not a Grado hater or anything, in fact I'm a huge fan of their cartridges and less expensive headphones (SR line). The Ps1000s were just a total let down, especially considering the price. I wasn't a huge fan of the PS500s either, but I would definitely go for them over the PS1000s. They were lighter, cheaper and almost identical sound, although a bit more neutral. I tried the PS1Ks with a variety of amps, dacs and sources, they just sound terrible. I don't think they justify even a third of the asking price (considering other options) and they aren't even close to being the best sounding headphone in the current Grado lineup.post #1565 of 17321/14/14 at 2:12pmKsc75, not really a regret more of a disappointment. I bought two without listening to them first. I don't regret because of how cheap they are to buy. They sound thin, treble are too bright to listen to, and very little bass. Because of how bright they are you can't get any type of volume to them before your ears start to ring. I have my laptop volume at 10 and even then I think it's too muchpost #1566 of 17324/19/14 at 6:42ampost #1567 of 17324/28/14 at 6:55ampost #1568 of 17324/28/14 at 7:23amKlipsch Reference S4... One of my very first IEMs. Bad fit overall for me, won't allow to be worn over-the-ear because of its stiff cable. Later to learn that they are actually just Image S4 with just a bit lesser bass and better aesthetics. Another would be the Sennheiser CX-400ii, just bad sounding IMO.post #1569 of 17324/28/14 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by d m41n man
Klipsch Reference S4... One of my very first IEMs. Bad fit overall for me, won't allow to be worn over-the-ear because of its stiff cable. Later to learn that they are actually just Image S4 with just a bit lesser bass and better aesthetics. Another would be the Sennheiser CX-400ii, just bad sounding IMO.
I don't know what it is, but all the Sennheiser CXn00 series, where n is any number, seem dead sounding to me. Considering how nice my CX475 and CX275 sound I just don't get it.post #1570 of 17324/28/14 at 8:17ampost #1571 of 17324/28/14 at 10:00am
The AT W1000X really didn't mesh with my tastes, and probably is the closest thing to a regret I have, but I'd wanted to try them for a while and I'm glad I finally did.post #1572 of 17324/28/14 at 10:06amQuote:post #1573 of 17324/28/14 at 10:08ampost #1574 of 17324/28/14 at 10:27amQuote:
Ditto on the Monoprice. The sound was OK; fit was terrible. Gave them to my son, he loved them -- go figure! Had a similar experience with the overhyped Koss DJ100s...yawn.
Haven't gone mid-fi yet on AKG but am looking at the K612 or Q701 vs DT880s. FWIW, I've gotten two solid values on AKG's lower end stuff. The K518 is a nice set of cans for $35 and I got some K340 in-ears for $20 that are good for working out -- once I swapped in a good set of eartips. Hoping this means good things for the 612s (or 701s).
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Cardas and Westone IEM's? 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 5 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...