or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphones you regretted buying the most
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 102

post #1516 of 1732

Beyerdynamic T70.  I had read some reviews.  I saw the reports that they lacked low-end.  But I saw a great deal on them, and bought them anyway.  And?  They have basically no bass response.  I don't consider myself a basshead, but if a track calls for bass slam, I want it.  Good deal or not, it was wasted money because the T70 have been sitting in its case for months, unused.  SMH, me and my penchant for jumping on good deals even when the product doesn't meet my needs.

post #1517 of 1732
Hifiman he-400, after hearing the Beyer dt990 pro it just sound all flabby and hollow.
post #1518 of 1732

AKG K81DJ -torture for my ears

Grado SR80 - what is the point with this sound

Philips S750 or what it was called - iems that don´t isolate that actually make a tunnel sound so it´s worse then open headphones,. Sound awful on top of that just pointless. 

 

Luckily all these are quite cheap.

 

There is also more expensive headphones that was okay but if I hadn´t bought them I wouldn´t know what I have today thinking there is better out there.

post #1519 of 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by droido256 View Post

Hifiman he-400, after hearing the Beyer dt990 pro it just sound all flabby and hollow.

did you amp them right... they can be hollow though. but imo the dt990 is more hollow. 

 

I can def see people not liking the he400 though, it kinda let me down too. 

post #1520 of 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

did you amp them right... they can be hollow though. but imo the dt990 is more hollow. 

I can def see people not liking the he400 though, it kinda let me down too. 

Oh yeah def amped them both with the E11, and the Yamaha rxv-659. Actually the dt990 IMO is far from hollow.
post #1521 of 1732

just pulled the trigger on a pair of HE-6... let's hope they don't end up on this list :basshead:

post #1522 of 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by droido256 View Post

Hifiman he-400, after hearing the Beyer dt990 pro it just sound all flabby and hollow.

 

Have you given the velour pads a shot? They sound more even than the default pleather to me.

 

 

I regretted getting a pair of Skullcandy UpRock for a dollar on clearance. The sound was bad enough I wished I had used that dollar on something that would have brought me more enjoyment, like a candy bar.


Edited by IDReaper - 1/5/14 at 7:09pm
post #1523 of 1732

Awesome thread. Doesn't seem as if anyone regrets the MA900 or the Philips X1.

post #1524 of 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDReaper View Post

Have you given the velour pads a shot? They sound more even than the default pleather to me.


I regretted getting a pair of Skullcandy UpRock for a dollar on clearance. The sound was bad enough I wished I had used that dollar on something that would have brought me more enjoyment, like a candy bar.

Ugh skullcandy lol, well at least it isn't like beats where you fork over 150+ for the same crappy sound.

I havnt tried the velours yet, after I get a new set of tires I was going to order some. Because quite frankly both the dt990 pro and the DTX 910 have completely ruined the he400 for me. beyersmile.png
post #1525 of 1732

Sony SA5000 - blind buy - sounds like pains in the ears ! 

post #1526 of 1732
My my disapointing headphone purchase was Mad Dogs 3.2... I just couldnt be happy with their highs and they had a lot of grain, although I guess I dont truly regret it because I got a full refund, and ended up grtting CIEMs because of them....
post #1527 of 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmoon View Post

Sony SA5000 - blind buy - sounds like pains in the ears ! 
Fully agree with this one. I sold them couple of days after having received them. They are even more irritating than all Grados I had (by far)
post #1528 of 1732
I immensely regret spending money on a pair of ad700's. I generally felt they were just terrible. What's worse is within a week of buying them new I was attempting to see if I could place some padding behind the drivers and they broke. Could resolder the driver and I just the them in the trash.
post #1529 of 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryant View Post

I immensely regret spending money on a pair of ad700's. I generally felt they were just terrible. What's worse is within a week of buying them new I was attempting to see if I could place some padding behind the drivers and they broke. Could resolder the driver and I just the them in the trash.

 

Also regret buying them, they were awful imo. The build quality and wing system/comfort especially, though this is why I love amazon. This thread is why I would never order from anywhere other than amazon, instant return no questions asked.

 

I also regret buying the dt990s, they had piercing treble so went back the next day.

 

Biggest regret ever though was buying the razer megalodon headphones at $150 like 4 years ago before I started buying real headphones.

post #1530 of 1732

The obscenely overhyped JVC HA-S400 (carbon nanotube drivers) were a big disappointment.  I can't believe the size of the thread on these absolutely mediocre, boxy sounding headphones.  I tried modding them, I really wanted to like them, but alas, they were no good.  Every time I listened to anything on them was a disappointment.  Hollow mids, closed in, no detail, monotone bass.  They went loud without distortion, that was their only plus.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphones you regretted buying the most