- 1,411 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | SO SORRY FOR THE EARLY POST - HIT THE ENTER BUTTON TWICE SIGH....
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 101post #1501 of 17321/4/14 at 12:01pmGrados
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 17321/4/14 at 12:02pmpost #1503 of 17321/4/14 at 12:03pmpost #1504 of 17321/4/14 at 12:40pmpost #1505 of 17321/4/14 at 12:45pmpost #1506 of 17321/4/14 at 4:37pmAbsolutely without a doubt PS1000s. I had them for less than a week, couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Definitely my most underwhelming experience with any headphones ever.post #1507 of 17321/4/14 at 5:01pmpost #1508 of 17321/4/14 at 5:07pmpost #1509 of 17321/4/14 at 5:09pmQuote:
what was it about them that you didn't likepost #1510 of 17321/4/14 at 5:21pm
My biggest regret buying headphones was my first can. V-moda CrossfadeLp. I paid full price and i regret that big time. The sound for the money was just not up to par with high quality headphones. Great build quality tho.post #1511 of 17321/4/14 at 5:28pm
Paradigm H15NC... was hoping for that promised Paradigm reference monitor sound and got boomy and bloomy instead, plus non existent noise cancellation, considerable ear pressure, and delaminated foam padding. Just not at all expected from them, love their MilleniaOne CT system.post #1512 of 17321/4/14 at 5:40pm
... oh and the biggest regretted purchase not because of the sound or comfort or build quality (they are great in all these things) but the fact that they reduced the price in half a few months later... Philips L1. Comfortable and sound great and are built tough but why did they have to sucker me in at top dollar then totally cut the price?post #1513 of 17321/4/14 at 5:44pm
The Audio-Technica ATH-M30. Granted, they were 80 bucks, but MY GOD are these uncomfortable. I've been trying not to use them since day 1. They're my first monitoring pair though, and I'm gonna get a 200 buck-ish pair very soon.post #1514 of 17321/4/14 at 5:46pmpost #1515 of 17321/4/14 at 8:45pmQuote:
I actually like these headphones for mobile use with my iPhone, they are by no means great headphones (way too bass-heavy, like Beats almost but not quite) but for the price I paid for them ($60 on Amazon Deal of the Day) they were a great value. Though at the original retail price of $250 there is no way they compare to other headphones you can get for that price.
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 5 minutes ago
- › Micro iPhono2 - Only everything has been improved 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...