- 1,411 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 101post #1501 of 17321/4/14 at 12:01pmGrados
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 17321/4/14 at 12:02pmpost #1503 of 17321/4/14 at 12:03pmpost #1504 of 17321/4/14 at 12:40pmpost #1505 of 17321/4/14 at 12:45pmpost #1506 of 17321/4/14 at 4:37pmAbsolutely without a doubt PS1000s. I had them for less than a week, couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Definitely my most underwhelming experience with any headphones ever.post #1507 of 17321/4/14 at 5:01pmpost #1508 of 17321/4/14 at 5:07pmpost #1509 of 17321/4/14 at 5:09pmQuote:
what was it about them that you didn't likepost #1510 of 17321/4/14 at 5:21pm
My biggest regret buying headphones was my first can. V-moda CrossfadeLp. I paid full price and i regret that big time. The sound for the money was just not up to par with high quality headphones. Great build quality tho.post #1511 of 17321/4/14 at 5:28pm
Paradigm H15NC... was hoping for that promised Paradigm reference monitor sound and got boomy and bloomy instead, plus non existent noise cancellation, considerable ear pressure, and delaminated foam padding. Just not at all expected from them, love their MilleniaOne CT system.post #1512 of 17321/4/14 at 5:40pm
... oh and the biggest regretted purchase not because of the sound or comfort or build quality (they are great in all these things) but the fact that they reduced the price in half a few months later... Philips L1. Comfortable and sound great and are built tough but why did they have to sucker me in at top dollar then totally cut the price?post #1513 of 17321/4/14 at 5:44pm
The Audio-Technica ATH-M30. Granted, they were 80 bucks, but MY GOD are these uncomfortable. I've been trying not to use them since day 1. They're my first monitoring pair though, and I'm gonna get a 200 buck-ish pair very soon.post #1514 of 17321/4/14 at 5:46pmpost #1515 of 17321/4/14 at 8:45pmQuote:
I actually like these headphones for mobile use with my iPhone, they are by no means great headphones (way too bass-heavy, like Beats almost but not quite) but for the price I paid for them ($60 on Amazon Deal of the Day) they were a great value. Though at the original retail price of $250 there is no way they compare to other headphones you can get for that price.
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 second ago
- › D100 PRO-Professional PCM/DSD streaming music transport system of... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Strong Midrange Headphone Suggestions 8 minutes ago
- › Help in planning my desktop setup 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 12 minutes ago
- › WASAPI / ASIO4ALL / KS in general causes lag 13 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 13 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 14 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 24 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...