Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 99post #1471 of 177212/4/13 at 5:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 177212/4/13 at 6:06pmpost #1473 of 177212/4/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
X2... I felt the same way when I got my Ultrasones 750s. Too much boomy/muddy bass, unnatural mids and congested soundstage IMO.post #1474 of 177212/19/13 at 10:27pmpost #1475 of 177212/19/13 at 10:41pmpost #1476 of 177212/19/13 at 10:46pmpost #1477 of 177212/19/13 at 10:59pmpost #1478 of 177212/19/13 at 11:02pmpost #1479 of 177212/19/13 at 11:26pmThank you!Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
Ok, I've been reading the whole thread , and tried to count how much each headphone are regretted. This is not a rigorous counting , because:
- some guy posted multiple time that they disliked a headphone (bilavideo, with bose in ears for instance). I tried to disregard duplicate.
- I tried to skip post from people that have already posted.
- some statement were ambiguous, about if they were happy/unhappy, about a headphone, I skipped.
- sometimes it's hard to make distinction between variation of model , because no detail is provided. For instance when someone disliked the dt880 , he doesn't always precise if it's the 250 or 600 ohm version. In this case, I assimilate models to a single headphone.
I only kept models, with at least 4 regrets.
So here's the list with decreasing number of regrets. Regrets number indicated after model.
grado SR60 15
akg k701 15
Monster beats studio 11
Bose triport 10
grado SR80i 10
grado 325i 10
ath ad700 9
hfi 780 9
Bose In-Ear 8
Grado SR225i 8
akg k702 7
Alessandro MS1 7
Senn hd280 7
UE Super fi 5 7
UE Triple-fi 10 6
Sennheiser CX300 6
denon d2000 6
Shure SE530 6
ath m50 6
hfi pro 750 6
akg k240s 5
skullcandy skullcrusher 5
Skullcandy hesh 5
Bose QC 5
Sennheiser HD25-1 II 1 5
akg k340 4
Sony MDR-V6 4
beyer dt880 4
Vmoda vibes 4
ultrasone pro 900 4
Etymotic ER6i 4
Sony EX700 4
grado rs1 4
senn hd201 4
Klipsch Image ONE 4
And the winner , is ... hd595.
I really hope the hd598 is significantly better, it is so hyped !post #1480 of 177212/19/13 at 11:30pmpost #1481 of 177212/20/13 at 12:26am
I had one of my favorite IEM which once was the most disappointing IEM in my collection: Sony's XBA-1.
At first listen, I thought XBA-1 were broke, so I returned once and picked another one and still sounded same; it sounds tiny, underwhelming, and lack of the energy which gives fun listening experience. If the volume were raised up, the sound would be distorted, which could be the "metallic sound" that many people have complained in every XBA line. I shook my head that a single BA could sound this bad. Even the Klipsch X10, which also single BA, sounds very impressive. I even wrote my complaint to the Sony that they need to learn some lesson from Westone before selling XBA products. I laughed that XBA-1 sound is a joke and an insult for a listener, even I would feel sorry if I gave XBA-1 to someone as a present.
Regardless, I gave it more time to listen (not burn-in) but realized that I grew liking XBA-1. I appreciate its nature of the sound: laid back and non fatiguing while maintaining good details. I enjoy its relaxing sound, great comfort, and excellent isolation that keep me immersed with songs even at low volume. I was a bass-head but after owning XBA-1, I thirst for "sweet" sounding IEM.
So, I learned that some IEMs could not be that "bad'. We just need to learn to appreciate its sound quality as IEM is a piece of art, in my opinion.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 12/20/13 at 12:36ampost #1482 of 177212/25/13 at 2:11pmpost #1483 of 177212/25/13 at 5:28pmpost #1484 of 177212/25/13 at 6:56pm
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 seconds ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 23 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear