Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 99post #1471 of 170012/4/13 at 5:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 170012/4/13 at 6:06pmpost #1473 of 170012/4/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
X2... I felt the same way when I got my Ultrasones 750s. Too much boomy/muddy bass, unnatural mids and congested soundstage IMO.post #1474 of 170012/19/13 at 10:27pmpost #1475 of 170012/19/13 at 10:41pmpost #1476 of 170012/19/13 at 10:46pmpost #1477 of 170012/19/13 at 10:59pmpost #1478 of 170012/19/13 at 11:02pmpost #1479 of 170012/19/13 at 11:26pmThank you!Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
Ok, I've been reading the whole thread , and tried to count how much each headphone are regretted. This is not a rigorous counting , because:
- some guy posted multiple time that they disliked a headphone (bilavideo, with bose in ears for instance). I tried to disregard duplicate.
- I tried to skip post from people that have already posted.
- some statement were ambiguous, about if they were happy/unhappy, about a headphone, I skipped.
- sometimes it's hard to make distinction between variation of model , because no detail is provided. For instance when someone disliked the dt880 , he doesn't always precise if it's the 250 or 600 ohm version. In this case, I assimilate models to a single headphone.
I only kept models, with at least 4 regrets.
So here's the list with decreasing number of regrets. Regrets number indicated after model.
grado SR60 15
akg k701 15
Monster beats studio 11
Bose triport 10
grado SR80i 10
grado 325i 10
ath ad700 9
hfi 780 9
Bose In-Ear 8
Grado SR225i 8
akg k702 7
Alessandro MS1 7
Senn hd280 7
UE Super fi 5 7
UE Triple-fi 10 6
Sennheiser CX300 6
denon d2000 6
Shure SE530 6
ath m50 6
hfi pro 750 6
akg k240s 5
skullcandy skullcrusher 5
Skullcandy hesh 5
Bose QC 5
Sennheiser HD25-1 II 1 5
akg k340 4
Sony MDR-V6 4
beyer dt880 4
Vmoda vibes 4
ultrasone pro 900 4
Etymotic ER6i 4
Sony EX700 4
grado rs1 4
senn hd201 4
Klipsch Image ONE 4
And the winner , is ... hd595.
I really hope the hd598 is significantly better, it is so hyped !post #1480 of 170012/19/13 at 11:30pmpost #1481 of 170012/20/13 at 12:26am
I had one of my favorite IEM which once was the most disappointing IEM in my collection: Sony's XBA-1.
At first listen, I thought XBA-1 were broke, so I returned once and picked another one and still sounded same; it sounds tiny, underwhelming, and lack of the energy which gives fun listening experience. If the volume were raised up, the sound would be distorted, which could be the "metallic sound" that many people have complained in every XBA line. I shook my head that a single BA could sound this bad. Even the Klipsch X10, which also single BA, sounds very impressive. I even wrote my complaint to the Sony that they need to learn some lesson from Westone before selling XBA products. I laughed that XBA-1 sound is a joke and an insult for a listener, even I would feel sorry if I gave XBA-1 to someone as a present.
Regardless, I gave it more time to listen (not burn-in) but realized that I grew liking XBA-1. I appreciate its nature of the sound: laid back and non fatiguing while maintaining good details. I enjoy its relaxing sound, great comfort, and excellent isolation that keep me immersed with songs even at low volume. I was a bass-head but after owning XBA-1, I thirst for "sweet" sounding IEM.
So, I learned that some IEMs could not be that "bad'. We just need to learn to appreciate its sound quality as IEM is a piece of art, in my opinion.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 12/20/13 at 12:36ampost #1482 of 170012/25/13 at 2:11pmpost #1483 of 170012/25/13 at 5:28pmpost #1484 of 170012/25/13 at 6:56pm
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 18 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Bass heavy Recommendations IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80 Impressions thread! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)