Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 99post #1471 of 173212/4/13 at 5:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 173212/4/13 at 6:06pmpost #1473 of 173212/4/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
X2... I felt the same way when I got my Ultrasones 750s. Too much boomy/muddy bass, unnatural mids and congested soundstage IMO.post #1474 of 173212/19/13 at 10:27pmpost #1475 of 173212/19/13 at 10:41pmpost #1476 of 173212/19/13 at 10:46pmpost #1477 of 173212/19/13 at 10:59pmpost #1478 of 173212/19/13 at 11:02pmpost #1479 of 173212/19/13 at 11:26pmThank you!Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
Ok, I've been reading the whole thread , and tried to count how much each headphone are regretted. This is not a rigorous counting , because:
- some guy posted multiple time that they disliked a headphone (bilavideo, with bose in ears for instance). I tried to disregard duplicate.
- I tried to skip post from people that have already posted.
- some statement were ambiguous, about if they were happy/unhappy, about a headphone, I skipped.
- sometimes it's hard to make distinction between variation of model , because no detail is provided. For instance when someone disliked the dt880 , he doesn't always precise if it's the 250 or 600 ohm version. In this case, I assimilate models to a single headphone.
I only kept models, with at least 4 regrets.
So here's the list with decreasing number of regrets. Regrets number indicated after model.
grado SR60 15
akg k701 15
Monster beats studio 11
Bose triport 10
grado SR80i 10
grado 325i 10
ath ad700 9
hfi 780 9
Bose In-Ear 8
Grado SR225i 8
akg k702 7
Alessandro MS1 7
Senn hd280 7
UE Super fi 5 7
UE Triple-fi 10 6
Sennheiser CX300 6
denon d2000 6
Shure SE530 6
ath m50 6
hfi pro 750 6
akg k240s 5
skullcandy skullcrusher 5
Skullcandy hesh 5
Bose QC 5
Sennheiser HD25-1 II 1 5
akg k340 4
Sony MDR-V6 4
beyer dt880 4
Vmoda vibes 4
ultrasone pro 900 4
Etymotic ER6i 4
Sony EX700 4
grado rs1 4
senn hd201 4
Klipsch Image ONE 4
And the winner , is ... hd595.
I really hope the hd598 is significantly better, it is so hyped !post #1480 of 173212/19/13 at 11:30pmpost #1481 of 173212/20/13 at 12:26am
I had one of my favorite IEM which once was the most disappointing IEM in my collection: Sony's XBA-1.
At first listen, I thought XBA-1 were broke, so I returned once and picked another one and still sounded same; it sounds tiny, underwhelming, and lack of the energy which gives fun listening experience. If the volume were raised up, the sound would be distorted, which could be the "metallic sound" that many people have complained in every XBA line. I shook my head that a single BA could sound this bad. Even the Klipsch X10, which also single BA, sounds very impressive. I even wrote my complaint to the Sony that they need to learn some lesson from Westone before selling XBA products. I laughed that XBA-1 sound is a joke and an insult for a listener, even I would feel sorry if I gave XBA-1 to someone as a present.
Regardless, I gave it more time to listen (not burn-in) but realized that I grew liking XBA-1. I appreciate its nature of the sound: laid back and non fatiguing while maintaining good details. I enjoy its relaxing sound, great comfort, and excellent isolation that keep me immersed with songs even at low volume. I was a bass-head but after owning XBA-1, I thirst for "sweet" sounding IEM.
So, I learned that some IEMs could not be that "bad'. We just need to learn to appreciate its sound quality as IEM is a piece of art, in my opinion.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 12/20/13 at 12:36ampost #1482 of 173212/25/13 at 2:11pmpost #1483 of 173212/25/13 at 5:28pmpost #1484 of 173212/25/13 at 6:56pm
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Looking for comfortable closed back headphone upgrade from Audio... 25 seconds ago
- › Cartoon Discussion Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Headphones with a grainy sound and character? 4 minutes ago
- › Sheer Audio HA-006++ Special Edition Dynalo - 1x Gain 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for suggestions of a Tube Amp/DAC with both balanced and... 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...