Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 99post #1471 of 172012/4/13 at 5:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 172012/4/13 at 6:06pmpost #1473 of 172012/4/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
X2... I felt the same way when I got my Ultrasones 750s. Too much boomy/muddy bass, unnatural mids and congested soundstage IMO.post #1474 of 172012/19/13 at 10:27pmpost #1475 of 172012/19/13 at 10:41pmpost #1476 of 172012/19/13 at 10:46pmpost #1477 of 172012/19/13 at 10:59pmpost #1478 of 172012/19/13 at 11:02pmpost #1479 of 172012/19/13 at 11:26pmThank you!Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
Ok, I've been reading the whole thread , and tried to count how much each headphone are regretted. This is not a rigorous counting , because:
- some guy posted multiple time that they disliked a headphone (bilavideo, with bose in ears for instance). I tried to disregard duplicate.
- I tried to skip post from people that have already posted.
- some statement were ambiguous, about if they were happy/unhappy, about a headphone, I skipped.
- sometimes it's hard to make distinction between variation of model , because no detail is provided. For instance when someone disliked the dt880 , he doesn't always precise if it's the 250 or 600 ohm version. In this case, I assimilate models to a single headphone.
I only kept models, with at least 4 regrets.
So here's the list with decreasing number of regrets. Regrets number indicated after model.
grado SR60 15
akg k701 15
Monster beats studio 11
Bose triport 10
grado SR80i 10
grado 325i 10
ath ad700 9
hfi 780 9
Bose In-Ear 8
Grado SR225i 8
akg k702 7
Alessandro MS1 7
Senn hd280 7
UE Super fi 5 7
UE Triple-fi 10 6
Sennheiser CX300 6
denon d2000 6
Shure SE530 6
ath m50 6
hfi pro 750 6
akg k240s 5
skullcandy skullcrusher 5
Skullcandy hesh 5
Bose QC 5
Sennheiser HD25-1 II 1 5
akg k340 4
Sony MDR-V6 4
beyer dt880 4
Vmoda vibes 4
ultrasone pro 900 4
Etymotic ER6i 4
Sony EX700 4
grado rs1 4
senn hd201 4
Klipsch Image ONE 4
And the winner , is ... hd595.
I really hope the hd598 is significantly better, it is so hyped !post #1480 of 172012/19/13 at 11:30pmpost #1481 of 172012/20/13 at 12:26am
I had one of my favorite IEM which once was the most disappointing IEM in my collection: Sony's XBA-1.
At first listen, I thought XBA-1 were broke, so I returned once and picked another one and still sounded same; it sounds tiny, underwhelming, and lack of the energy which gives fun listening experience. If the volume were raised up, the sound would be distorted, which could be the "metallic sound" that many people have complained in every XBA line. I shook my head that a single BA could sound this bad. Even the Klipsch X10, which also single BA, sounds very impressive. I even wrote my complaint to the Sony that they need to learn some lesson from Westone before selling XBA products. I laughed that XBA-1 sound is a joke and an insult for a listener, even I would feel sorry if I gave XBA-1 to someone as a present.
Regardless, I gave it more time to listen (not burn-in) but realized that I grew liking XBA-1. I appreciate its nature of the sound: laid back and non fatiguing while maintaining good details. I enjoy its relaxing sound, great comfort, and excellent isolation that keep me immersed with songs even at low volume. I was a bass-head but after owning XBA-1, I thirst for "sweet" sounding IEM.
So, I learned that some IEMs could not be that "bad'. We just need to learn to appreciate its sound quality as IEM is a piece of art, in my opinion.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 12/20/13 at 12:36ampost #1482 of 172012/25/13 at 2:11pmpost #1483 of 172012/25/13 at 5:28pmpost #1484 of 172012/25/13 at 6:56pm
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC DSD 54 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 5 minutes ago
- › Comply T500 Foam Tips Review 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3