Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 99post #1471 of 168112/4/13 at 5:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 168112/4/13 at 6:06pmpost #1473 of 168112/4/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
X2... I felt the same way when I got my Ultrasones 750s. Too much boomy/muddy bass, unnatural mids and congested soundstage IMO.post #1474 of 168112/19/13 at 10:27pmpost #1475 of 168112/19/13 at 10:41pmpost #1476 of 168112/19/13 at 10:46pmpost #1477 of 168112/19/13 at 10:59pmpost #1478 of 168112/19/13 at 11:02pmpost #1479 of 168112/19/13 at 11:26pmThank you!Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
Ok, I've been reading the whole thread , and tried to count how much each headphone are regretted. This is not a rigorous counting , because:
- some guy posted multiple time that they disliked a headphone (bilavideo, with bose in ears for instance). I tried to disregard duplicate.
- I tried to skip post from people that have already posted.
- some statement were ambiguous, about if they were happy/unhappy, about a headphone, I skipped.
- sometimes it's hard to make distinction between variation of model , because no detail is provided. For instance when someone disliked the dt880 , he doesn't always precise if it's the 250 or 600 ohm version. In this case, I assimilate models to a single headphone.
I only kept models, with at least 4 regrets.
So here's the list with decreasing number of regrets. Regrets number indicated after model.
grado SR60 15
akg k701 15
Monster beats studio 11
Bose triport 10
grado SR80i 10
grado 325i 10
ath ad700 9
hfi 780 9
Bose In-Ear 8
Grado SR225i 8
akg k702 7
Alessandro MS1 7
Senn hd280 7
UE Super fi 5 7
UE Triple-fi 10 6
Sennheiser CX300 6
denon d2000 6
Shure SE530 6
ath m50 6
hfi pro 750 6
akg k240s 5
skullcandy skullcrusher 5
Skullcandy hesh 5
Bose QC 5
Sennheiser HD25-1 II 1 5
akg k340 4
Sony MDR-V6 4
beyer dt880 4
Vmoda vibes 4
ultrasone pro 900 4
Etymotic ER6i 4
Sony EX700 4
grado rs1 4
senn hd201 4
Klipsch Image ONE 4
And the winner , is ... hd595.
I really hope the hd598 is significantly better, it is so hyped !post #1480 of 168112/19/13 at 11:30pmpost #1481 of 168112/20/13 at 12:26am
I had one of my favorite IEM which once was the most disappointing IEM in my collection: Sony's XBA-1.
At first listen, I thought XBA-1 were broke, so I returned once and picked another one and still sounded same; it sounds tiny, underwhelming, and lack of the energy which gives fun listening experience. If the volume were raised up, the sound would be distorted, which could be the "metallic sound" that many people have complained in every XBA line. I shook my head that a single BA could sound this bad. Even the Klipsch X10, which also single BA, sounds very impressive. I even wrote my complaint to the Sony that they need to learn some lesson from Westone before selling XBA products. I laughed that XBA-1 sound is a joke and an insult for a listener, even I would feel sorry if I gave XBA-1 to someone as a present.
Regardless, I gave it more time to listen (not burn-in) but realized that I grew liking XBA-1. I appreciate its nature of the sound: laid back and non fatiguing while maintaining good details. I enjoy its relaxing sound, great comfort, and excellent isolation that keep me immersed with songs even at low volume. I was a bass-head but after owning XBA-1, I thirst for "sweet" sounding IEM.
So, I learned that some IEMs could not be that "bad'. We just need to learn to appreciate its sound quality as IEM is a piece of art, in my opinion.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 12/20/13 at 12:36ampost #1482 of 168112/25/13 at 2:11pmpost #1483 of 168112/25/13 at 5:28pmpost #1484 of 168112/25/13 at 6:56pm
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 31 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 52 seconds ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › surround sound or stereo? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Need some headphones that can be used on the bus/in library - need... 2 minutes ago
- › HD650 Latest batch for sale or trade. 3 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)