buy the heir 4ai and be done.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 84post #1246 of 16851/9/13 at 11:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 16851/9/13 at 2:01pmpost #1248 of 16851/9/13 at 2:07pmpost #1249 of 16851/9/13 at 4:06pm
Ultrasone Edition 8 - Ruthenium. Hugely underwhelming for the price. I sent them back and got the Ultrasone Sig Pro, which has, IMHO, very similar sound quality for £350 less! I believe the Edition 8s are a classic example of what happens when you pass the point of diminishing returns.post #1250 of 16851/9/13 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by gerry123456
Ultrasone Edition 8 - Ruthenium. Hugely underwhelming for the price. I sent them back and got the Ultrasone Sig Pro, which has, IMHO, very similar sound quality for £350 less! I believe the Edition 8s are a classic example of what happens when you pass the point of diminishing returns.
The high-end Ultrasone's are actually sort of a niche type of product for a specific crowd of people like Final Audio offerings where quality and luxury aesthetics matter more than the sound itself.post #1251 of 16851/9/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
The Final Audio Design Muramasa VIII are hilarious. So heavy that it induce pain (850 g), and costs 8000$ .post #1252 of 16851/9/13 at 6:41pmId have to give it to the ath m50.
They were uncomfortable with a tight clamp and downright sweat enducing. The sound was mediocre oooooook at best. Compared to my A700s they couldnt hold a candle in soundstage or comfort. The treble felt really recessed as well.post #1253 of 16851/9/13 at 7:05pmI'd have to say the HE 400, not because they aren't excellent headphones, but because I was pants-wettingly excited, and when they came in I found that I just hated the sound signature and what it did to 90% of the music I listen to.
Ended up returning them and buying some HD 650s instead. No longer broken-hearted.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2post #1254 of 16851/9/13 at 7:22pm
^ +1. I had a similar experience with the HE-400, although I wouldn't describe my feelings about the sound signature as a "hate". More like a "meh".
Edited by swmtnbiker - 1/9/13 at 7:23pmpost #1255 of 16851/9/13 at 7:46pmQuote:
Yeah it's ridiculous but from what Muppetface posted in that thread, it seem's that Muramasa production has been put on hold and discontinued for the time being.post #1256 of 16851/11/13 at 2:10amQuote:
Beats Pro: weighed as much as one toopost #1257 of 16851/11/13 at 3:36amQuote:
Would it make you feel better or worse if I told you SRP was $549 in the US?
I'm torn on Ultrasone build quality - my first PRO2900 was kind of a disaster, but the second one is kind of amazing. I think their internal motto is probably something like "go big or go home" - it either fails big or it wins big.Quote:
I'd have to agree. I bought the M50 based on a lot of positive reviews and praises and based on enjoying some other ATs that I've heard over the years, and honestly - it was disappointing. Channel imbalance (*bad* channel imbalance), uncomfortable, creaky, and the sound was kind of ho-hum. I mean build and QA aside, and if they were comfortable, they'd honestly be good headphones - but that's a lot of "asides" to get there.
Shame too, the LE were lookers!
lol. I lol'd at the quoted comment too. Especially after seeing them in person - they look a lot bigger in the stock photos, and I was thinking "you know, the Denon, Kenwood, and Koss full-size cans are around the same weight (in some cases more), these probably aren't that bad..." - but then they're more in-line with the ESW9 in size (but weigh over twice as much).post #1258 of 16853/16/13 at 11:36pmBeats Studios. I wasn't satisfied with the sound quality. Too much bass. Muddy bass IMO. Overpowered the mids and the highs-- they were just, there. Meh, but I learned from that, and found this wonderful place.post #1259 of 16853/17/13 at 6:08ampost #1260 of 16853/17/13 at 6:24am
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Meitner MA-1 2 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 2 minutes ago
- › Best upgrade for an athm50? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for well-balanced closed headphones with an inline button... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 6 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)