buy the heir 4ai and be done.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 84post #1246 of 15661/9/13 at 11:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 15661/9/13 at 2:01pmpost #1248 of 15661/9/13 at 2:07pmpost #1249 of 15661/9/13 at 4:06pm
Ultrasone Edition 8 - Ruthenium. Hugely underwhelming for the price. I sent them back and got the Ultrasone Sig Pro, which has, IMHO, very similar sound quality for £350 less! I believe the Edition 8s are a classic example of what happens when you pass the point of diminishing returns.post #1250 of 15661/9/13 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by gerry123456
Ultrasone Edition 8 - Ruthenium. Hugely underwhelming for the price. I sent them back and got the Ultrasone Sig Pro, which has, IMHO, very similar sound quality for £350 less! I believe the Edition 8s are a classic example of what happens when you pass the point of diminishing returns.
The high-end Ultrasone's are actually sort of a niche type of product for a specific crowd of people like Final Audio offerings where quality and luxury aesthetics matter more than the sound itself.post #1251 of 15661/9/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
The Final Audio Design Muramasa VIII are hilarious. So heavy that it induce pain (850 g), and costs 8000$ .post #1252 of 15661/9/13 at 6:41pmId have to give it to the ath m50.
They were uncomfortable with a tight clamp and downright sweat enducing. The sound was mediocre oooooook at best. Compared to my A700s they couldnt hold a candle in soundstage or comfort. The treble felt really recessed as well.post #1253 of 15661/9/13 at 7:05pmI'd have to say the HE 400, not because they aren't excellent headphones, but because I was pants-wettingly excited, and when they came in I found that I just hated the sound signature and what it did to 90% of the music I listen to.
Ended up returning them and buying some HD 650s instead. No longer broken-hearted.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2post #1254 of 15661/9/13 at 7:22pm
^ +1. I had a similar experience with the HE-400, although I wouldn't describe my feelings about the sound signature as a "hate". More like a "meh".
Edited by swmtnbiker - 1/9/13 at 7:23pmpost #1255 of 15661/9/13 at 7:46pmQuote:
Yeah it's ridiculous but from what Muppetface posted in that thread, it seem's that Muramasa production has been put on hold and discontinued for the time being.post #1256 of 15661/11/13 at 2:10amQuote:
Beats Pro: weighed as much as one toopost #1257 of 15661/11/13 at 3:36amQuote:
Would it make you feel better or worse if I told you SRP was $549 in the US?
I'm torn on Ultrasone build quality - my first PRO2900 was kind of a disaster, but the second one is kind of amazing. I think their internal motto is probably something like "go big or go home" - it either fails big or it wins big.Quote:
I'd have to agree. I bought the M50 based on a lot of positive reviews and praises and based on enjoying some other ATs that I've heard over the years, and honestly - it was disappointing. Channel imbalance (*bad* channel imbalance), uncomfortable, creaky, and the sound was kind of ho-hum. I mean build and QA aside, and if they were comfortable, they'd honestly be good headphones - but that's a lot of "asides" to get there.
Shame too, the LE were lookers!
lol. I lol'd at the quoted comment too. Especially after seeing them in person - they look a lot bigger in the stock photos, and I was thinking "you know, the Denon, Kenwood, and Koss full-size cans are around the same weight (in some cases more), these probably aren't that bad..." - but then they're more in-line with the ESW9 in size (but weigh over twice as much).post #1258 of 15663/16/13 at 11:36pmBeats Studios. I wasn't satisfied with the sound quality. Too much bass. Muddy bass IMO. Overpowered the mids and the highs-- they were just, there. Meh, but I learned from that, and found this wonderful place.post #1259 of 15663/17/13 at 6:08ampost #1260 of 15663/17/13 at 6:24am
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Tube Amps & Headphone Appropriateness 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM-700 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Quality of Vsonic IEMS 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob