buy the heir 4ai and be done.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAKG K340 Electrostatic Dynamic Headphones
- itemAlessandro MS 1
- itemAlessandro MS2i
- itemAudio Technica ATH A700 Headphones
- itemAudio Technica ATH AD700
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Closed Studio Headphones
- itemBeyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm
- itemBOSE R QCZ GB Triport Headphone
- itemBOSE R Triport Headphone Silver
- itemBose TriPort Headphones Ear Cup Silver
- itemBose TriPort Headphones Ear Cup Slate Gray
- itemDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over Ear Headphones
- itemEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In Ear Earphones Black
- itemGrado SR60 Headphones
- itemGrado SR 80
- itemSennheiser CX300 B Earbuds Black
- itemSennheiser HD 205 Headphones
- itemSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphones
- itemSennheiser HD 280 Headphones
- itemSennheiser HD 595 Headphones
- itemSennheiser HD 800 Headphones
- itemShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphones
- itemShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphones
- itemShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphones
- itemUltrasone HFI 780
- itemUltrasone PRO 2500
- itemUltrasone Zino
- itemYuin OK3 Earphones
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for... Last post on Today at 6:14 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 5/16/11 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 2/22/11 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
Related Head Gear
I got these straight from Japan via Tenso right as Dsnuts got the hype train rolling last fall. Bought 3 pairs, of which I gave one to a colleague (yes,they are so inexpensive you can just give...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 84post #1246 of 13121/9/13 at 11:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 13121/9/13 at 2:01pmpost #1248 of 13121/9/13 at 2:07pmpost #1249 of 13121/9/13 at 4:06pm
Ultrasone Edition 8 - Ruthenium. Hugely underwhelming for the price. I sent them back and got the Ultrasone Sig Pro, which has, IMHO, very similar sound quality for £350 less! I believe the Edition 8s are a classic example of what happens when you pass the point of diminishing returns.post #1250 of 13121/9/13 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by gerry123456
Ultrasone Edition 8 - Ruthenium. Hugely underwhelming for the price. I sent them back and got the Ultrasone Sig Pro, which has, IMHO, very similar sound quality for £350 less! I believe the Edition 8s are a classic example of what happens when you pass the point of diminishing returns.
The high-end Ultrasone's are actually sort of a niche type of product for a specific crowd of people like Final Audio offerings where quality and luxury aesthetics matter more than the sound itself.post #1251 of 13121/9/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
The Final Audio Design Muramasa VIII are hilarious. So heavy that it induce pain (850 g), and costs 8000$ .post #1252 of 13121/9/13 at 6:41pmId have to give it to the ath m50.
They were uncomfortable with a tight clamp and downright sweat enducing. The sound was mediocre oooooook at best. Compared to my A700s they couldnt hold a candle in soundstage or comfort. The treble felt really recessed as well.post #1253 of 13121/9/13 at 7:05pmI'd have to say the HE 400, not because they aren't excellent headphones, but because I was pants-wettingly excited, and when they came in I found that I just hated the sound signature and what it did to 90% of the music I listen to.
Ended up returning them and buying some HD 650s instead. No longer broken-hearted.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2post #1254 of 13121/9/13 at 7:22pm
^ +1. I had a similar experience with the HE-400, although I wouldn't describe my feelings about the sound signature as a "hate". More like a "meh".
Edited by swmtnbiker - 1/9/13 at 7:23pmpost #1255 of 13121/9/13 at 7:46pmQuote:
Yeah it's ridiculous but from what Muppetface posted in that thread, it seem's that Muramasa production has been put on hold and discontinued for the time being.post #1256 of 13121/11/13 at 2:10amQuote:
Beats Pro: weighed as much as one toopost #1257 of 13121/11/13 at 3:36amQuote:
Would it make you feel better or worse if I told you SRP was $549 in the US?
I'm torn on Ultrasone build quality - my first PRO2900 was kind of a disaster, but the second one is kind of amazing. I think their internal motto is probably something like "go big or go home" - it either fails big or it wins big.Quote:
I'd have to agree. I bought the M50 based on a lot of positive reviews and praises and based on enjoying some other ATs that I've heard over the years, and honestly - it was disappointing. Channel imbalance (*bad* channel imbalance), uncomfortable, creaky, and the sound was kind of ho-hum. I mean build and QA aside, and if they were comfortable, they'd honestly be good headphones - but that's a lot of "asides" to get there.
Shame too, the LE were lookers!
lol. I lol'd at the quoted comment too. Especially after seeing them in person - they look a lot bigger in the stock photos, and I was thinking "you know, the Denon, Kenwood, and Koss full-size cans are around the same weight (in some cases more), these probably aren't that bad..." - but then they're more in-line with the ESW9 in size (but weigh over twice as much).post #1258 of 13123/16/13 at 11:36pmBeats Studios. I wasn't satisfied with the sound quality. Too much bass. Muddy bass IMO. Overpowered the mids and the highs-- they were just, there. Meh, but I learned from that, and found this wonderful place.post #1259 of 13123/17/13 at 6:08ampost #1260 of 13123/17/13 at 6:24am
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Foobar2000 vs Winamp 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 7 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit LYR 9 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 10 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by esmBOS
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe