monster turbines although they sounded great 4 pairs broke within a 1 month period
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 76post #1126 of 14748/2/12 at 6:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 14748/2/12 at 7:23amQuote:
Have the HF5 -> hate it's guts -> rockbox on sansa clip+ -> simply add a +7db "bass boost" (not the ~specific equalizer)
-> love the %&(/% out of it
Regretted buying the
-K701 <- not even close to neutral, and colored as hell (upper mids and treble, not even talking about the bass), also lol, headband...post #1128 of 14748/3/12 at 2:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Boullion
None other than the well-known ATH-M50. Here's why:
1. I find them far too uncomfortable.
I even ordered new pads because I thought that was the problem, but apparently not. I stretched them for days and it seems that nothing has helped. There's always an unpleasant pressure near the bottom of my jaw and the headband is terribly thin. This is the main reason I dislike them - I just can't enjoy my music without noticing how uncomfortable they are.
2. I don't think they're worth the $120 price tag.
Speaking from a consumer standpoint, they sound nice but reviews online build up the tension perfect for disappointment. To the untrained ear, the difference in sound quality is not proportionate to the difference in price. Alright, this may be a personal issue/preference, but it's still an issue in my book. This actually transitions into my next point...
3. They could sound better.
I do like the V-shaped sound signature, but I don't really like the soundstage. I like my soundstage either very close or very far. Also, I'm not a basshead but I think I would like a bit more bass impact (I have the white box version, which is apparently more neutral). I also find them a bit too harsh/sibilant/bright? I must have delicate ears. Otherwise, I think they sound quite nice across the board but for $120 I wish I got a bit more.
4. They're too bulky for my tastes (also see: not portable in the slightest).
I know, they're obviously not built to be portable cans...but why, then, do people still recommend them as such? Anyways, they're very bulky (although fairly light in comparison to the SRH440s) and the cord is absolutely impractical for pocket storage. The cord is not detachable and has no remote/mic option. It's also fairly incompatible with my computer, which has its headphone jack on the front, making the cable hang down on my lap as I browse...which is annoying. Wearing them around the neck isn't too comfortable. All in all - why anybody would take it outside is beyond me (although I've seen it happen before).
Conclusion: I just don't like 'em. Should've tried something else like the Shures (440s) or Ultrasones (580s/780s). Maybe the Senn HD558s, because I'm interested in the open-style sound.
post #1129 of 14748/3/12 at 2:56ampost #1130 of 14748/3/12 at 6:08ampost #1131 of 14748/4/12 at 10:30ampost #1132 of 14748/4/12 at 10:46am
Refurbed Senn HD238. They were so cheap. Packaging was great, but I really felt like these were the best cans to remind us how poor sound quality sounds like. It was that bad. Again, I qualified my observation with 'refurb' so maybe these still had lingering issues.. not sure. However, I did acquire a set of Senn PX200 ii.... what a joy!! Definitely had redeeming qualities and is a keeper for me.post #1133 of 14748/4/12 at 10:52ampost #1134 of 14748/4/12 at 11:17am
Good sound for $30, but this headphone is way over hyped.
The bass was not as good as the hype claimed.
Bad build, I had to return it for an exchange because one ear was louder than the other.post #1135 of 14748/4/12 at 12:39pm
Beats Pro: WAAAY overpriced, they have a OK sound, 100 sound at most.
Sennheiser 280pro: My first "hifi" headphone, little did i know. Boring... Boring.... Boring.. Lack of bass.. clamps force is to strong that it hurts, cups make them hot , cant use them for more than half an hour.
That was my "$500 Hifi What NOT to Buy Sound Lesson"
Edited by rickdohc - 8/4/12 at 12:43pmpost #1136 of 14748/9/12 at 8:59am
1. Some Skullcandy OEM - I was around 13, it was my first headphone purchase. Both ear cups snapped off while casually putting them on. I realized soon after that the sound sucked.
2. Koss Porta-Pro - as much as I love them, those cables are terrible. I had to replace the jack 3x before I gave up and bought new cans.post #1137 of 14748/9/12 at 9:28am
Hmmm, couple of ones I guess,
Logitech G35's. A few years ago when I wasn't hugely into sound, and a while after my hd500's broke, I got these when I did a pc upgrade. After 3 months they broke, right earcup is held on by a tiny poorly made piece of plastic, dropped them off my desk and they broke, and logitech wouldn't fix them, last time I bought anything logitech. No big loss though as they weren't exactly amazing sounding.
Then after that there was the astro a40's I got to replace them, mainly for the mixamp and being able to voice chat in games (every other headset was either, works on ps3/pc, or works on xbox/pc, well when I have and use all 3, kind of only have one choice), they weren't exactly terrible, i've still got them, been my go to can for when I'm @ home for a year and a half or so, the mixamp is awesome, wireless with everything, ok-ish powered, can use different stuff with them and whatnot. But they didnt even compare to my hf5's in terms of sq...and now they've been replaced with a proper setup, well, they'll be venturing back onto ebay pretty soon I think :P.post #1138 of 14748/9/12 at 11:38am
pro 900- Their mids are extremely recessed... which makes it not that great to listen to a large variety of music. Ontop of that, they were new when I bought them, and now a billion are up for sale used.post #1139 of 14749/27/12 at 12:50am
After getting my AKG K514 MKII, I realized everything I've had before is not very clear or detailed. These are the three headphones I regret buying the most.
Sennheiser HD 555 - Sound quality is rather poor, grainy, and not very detailed.
Sony MDR-XB700 - Tunnel-like sound, and uncomfortable.
BRAINWAVZ HM5 - Lacking definition and clarity, and too much clamping force.
Edited by kman1211 - 11/2/12 at 11:16ampost #1140 of 14749/27/12 at 12:58am
JBL Reference 410: Too much bass & they drown out the higher frequencies, they hurt, and they break easily.
Skullcandy Hesh: Broke easily, boring sound, hardly any bass, and they weren't loud enough
Sennheiser HD205: Easy as hell to break the cable, not for bassheads even in the slightest, very uncomfortable
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › ROOM's Headphone Stands 25 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan HE-500 (PRISTINE AS UNUSED) 37 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 41 seconds ago
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › [Interest Check] Official Vienna Meet 1 minute ago
- › Dorota Dyman & Associates Real Estate: Housing Markets Rebound... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi