beyer dt770s. just didnt live up to the hype. Might give them another chance if i dont buy another pair of headphones in the next week or so, but not likely :P
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 1/15/11
- productBOSE(R) QCZ/GB Triport Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBOSE(R) Triport Headphone - Silvertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - silvertagged by System, 7/30/10More
- productBose TriPort - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - slate graytagged by System, 7/30/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 1/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/10
- productSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 205 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD205 II DJ Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E3c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 1/15/11
- productUltrasone Zinotagged by System, 1/15/11
- productYuin OK3 Earphonestagged by System, 1/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone please suggest alternatives to the HD595($150 on amazon) under $200-250 ? Last post on 8/28/13 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones around $400 Last post on 8/9/13 at 10:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Headphones you regretted buying the most - Page 71post #1051 of 16935/3/12 at 7:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 16935/3/12 at 9:04pmpost #1053 of 16935/3/12 at 10:13pmpost #1054 of 16935/3/12 at 10:27pmpost #1055 of 16935/4/12 at 1:33am
...and to an extent, the Sennheiser HD25
The first two were responsible for getting me into better quality headphones, so they at least had some purpose. The AKGs were supposed to be my portable pair but they leak too much and they don't sound all that great. They have since been replaced by the HD25, which I am grateful I got for cheap because I don't hear a $250-$300 (retail around here) headphone when I listen to them.post #1056 of 16935/4/12 at 7:48am
I bought my bro Klipsch X10s, he broke the jack within a month, worst purchase ever.
Fiio E11 and E6, frankly the E11 is a great amp, but somehow I always seem to receive defective products, even after RMA, I totally give up, jack failures/loss of one channel, sucks when you are overseas and your amp fails. As for E6, it wasn't resolving enough to me. I'm switching to getting cmoyBB or something like that for my portable needs. The E6 was 2 months old, 2nd E11 was 3 months old before it became faulty.
Fiio RC-UE1, I waited 2 months for my order for the RC-UE1, only to find out overseas(in Beijing) that there is a product recall. They failed 2 weeks after I gotten them. FML, currently waiting for a replacement RC-UE1. Hope I won't regret waiting 4 months for it, since my Fiio interconnects are all working well and fine.
Seriously FiiO I wanna use your stuff, they sound great for the price, but make it higher quality!!!
Edited by firev1 - 5/4/12 at 7:50ampost #1057 of 16935/4/12 at 8:10am
I made quite a few headphone purchases I regretted dearly. The top of the list includes:
1. Sony XB500 - Lots of muddy, boomy, sloppy bass.
2. Monster Beats Studio - Over priced and over hyped. The obvious reasons why I didn't keep this.
3. Sennheiser 558 - Overall, I did not like the sound signature of this headphone. Purchased it on sale for $120 and returned before end of refund period.
4. Pioneer HDJ 2000 - Nicely built and durable DJ headphone. Problem I had is it sounded like something I would pay $100 rather than a $300. I'm not a DJ so had very little use for a DJ headphone.post #1058 of 16935/4/12 at 8:35am
I can't say I've ever regretted buying a headphone. Some have not been for me. I always took it as being another step in my journey to finding the "right" headphone.
But all the Grados I've bought, I had to sell them or return them because they were too harsh for my ears. On that note, I regret buying the LCD-2. I actually really loved them, but I kept having build issues with them (the wood cracking). So I was really bummed about that. I might some day go back to them now that they have fixed the issue (using the new connector pieces and wood).
Currently rockin the HD-800 though, and am satisfied.post #1059 of 16935/4/12 at 8:42am
I wouldn't say I regretted buy any particular piece of gear, because if I had, it would have been returned.
But as for something I wouldn't miss if it was out of my collection, I think I would still be very happy without the Denon D1100s. Good thing I got them for 50% off.post #1060 of 16935/4/12 at 9:12ampost #1061 of 16935/4/12 at 2:56pm
Fostex... well as soon as I read "dynamic driver" I knew they would't be able to build anything close to the current dynamic high-end cans (which all still have some major flaws as well though)post #1062 of 16935/4/12 at 4:02pmpost #1063 of 16935/4/12 at 5:38pm
Thermaltake Isurus. Grado SR80i (in retrospect. I loved it at the time, and I still don't mind it, I just think I could have done better if I knew what I knew now.)post #1064 of 16935/4/12 at 8:36pmQuote:
+1 on then grado sr80. If only I knew then what I now know. at the same time it is what got me into headphones, so i cant be too mad :P
- Headphones you regretted buying the most
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 10 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 11 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations Please: Workhorse CD Player Cheap 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Price includes shipping AK240 Excellent condition with box and... 6 minutes ago
- › Headphone and gear selection, unclear purchasing path 6 minutes ago
- › Scary Music 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)