You should ask Harman Kardon for that. I believe they said live music could go beyond human hearing limit, they didn't say to 100,000 hz.
Related Forum Threads
- Wooaudio GES channel imbalance? Last post on 4/11/10 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Is the Woo Audio GES a significant upgrade (Stax SRM-006t)? Last post on 11/4/12 at 6:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a Decent Amp Suggestion Last post on 10/23/11 at 4:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
Woo Wes or BHSE - Page 5post #61 of 758/20/11 at 8:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 758/21/11 at 12:47ampost #63 of 758/21/11 at 1:26amQuote:
3 dB down at 400Khz, what does that mean???post #64 of 758/21/11 at 1:50am
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.post #65 of 758/21/11 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by n3rdling
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.
post #66 of 758/21/11 at 6:37ampost #67 of 758/21/11 at 6:41ampost #68 of 758/21/11 at 8:14ampost #69 of 758/21/11 at 9:42ampost #70 of 758/31/11 at 9:29pmpost #71 of 759/1/11 at 1:25ampost #72 of 759/1/11 at 1:40ampost #73 of 759/1/11 at 1:57am
If I am going to get the WES, I would get it maxxed out but leave the tube upgrade. I believe that vintage NOS tubes would certainly outclass the so called tube upgrades they offer? Will I have to re-adjust the bias though?post #74 of 759/1/11 at 1:47pm
Nothing to adjust on the WES but in my view this is a bad thing. How on earth are you going to get the published voltage swing otherwise?post #75 of 759/1/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
I doubt that one hears anything in this frequency region at all. Possibly a high frequency response going beyond audibility pays off in amplifier performance by reducing some kind of distortion which does end up in the audible region.
At the low end of hearing, eg. below 20Hz, what you don't hear you could feel so that does definitely matter.
In sound waves as in light waves, there are limits to what people can detect. People vary as to just where these limits are but once you get beyond them any energy in these regions just doesn't matter to hearing or seeing.
- Woo Wes or BHSE
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 24 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 52 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 59 seconds ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 1 minute ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 1 minute ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Saturday June 11 2016 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › RHA announce accessories partnership with Comply™ Foam 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse