You should ask Harman Kardon for that. I believe they said live music could go beyond human hearing limit, they didn't say to 100,000 hz.
Related Forum Threads
- Wooaudio GES channel imbalance? Last post on 4/11/10 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Is the Woo Audio GES a significant upgrade (Stax SRM-006t)? Last post on 11/4/12 at 6:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a Decent Amp Suggestion Last post on 10/23/11 at 4:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
Woo Wes or BHSE - Page 5post #61 of 788/20/11 at 8:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 788/21/11 at 12:47ampost #63 of 788/21/11 at 1:26amQuote:
3 dB down at 400Khz, what does that mean???post #64 of 788/21/11 at 1:50am
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.post #65 of 788/21/11 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by n3rdling
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.
post #66 of 788/21/11 at 6:37ampost #67 of 788/21/11 at 6:41ampost #68 of 788/21/11 at 8:14ampost #69 of 788/21/11 at 9:42ampost #70 of 788/31/11 at 9:29pmpost #71 of 789/1/11 at 1:25ampost #72 of 789/1/11 at 1:40ampost #73 of 789/1/11 at 1:57am
If I am going to get the WES, I would get it maxxed out but leave the tube upgrade. I believe that vintage NOS tubes would certainly outclass the so called tube upgrades they offer? Will I have to re-adjust the bias though?post #74 of 789/1/11 at 1:47pm
Nothing to adjust on the WES but in my view this is a bad thing. How on earth are you going to get the published voltage swing otherwise?post #75 of 789/1/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
I doubt that one hears anything in this frequency region at all. Possibly a high frequency response going beyond audibility pays off in amplifier performance by reducing some kind of distortion which does end up in the audible region.
At the low end of hearing, eg. below 20Hz, what you don't hear you could feel so that does definitely matter.
In sound waves as in light waves, there are limits to what people can detect. People vary as to just where these limits are but once you get beyond them any energy in these regions just doesn't matter to hearing or seeing.
- Woo Wes or BHSE
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 36 seconds ago
- › Greetings from down here to my peeps in the Noble thread 58 seconds ago
- › Need International Help for Amazon.de Purchase! (Philips SHD9200) 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 5 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...