You should ask Harman Kardon for that. I believe they said live music could go beyond human hearing limit, they didn't say to 100,000 hz.
Related Forum Threads
- Wooaudio GES channel imbalance? Last post on 4/11/10 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Is the Woo Audio GES a significant upgrade (Stax SRM-006t)? Last post on 11/4/12 at 6:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a Decent Amp Suggestion Last post on 10/23/11 at 4:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
Woo Wes or BHSE - Page 5post #61 of 788/20/11 at 8:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 788/21/11 at 12:47ampost #63 of 788/21/11 at 1:26amQuote:
3 dB down at 400Khz, what does that mean???post #64 of 788/21/11 at 1:50am
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.post #65 of 788/21/11 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by n3rdling
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.
post #66 of 788/21/11 at 6:37ampost #67 of 788/21/11 at 6:41ampost #68 of 788/21/11 at 8:14ampost #69 of 788/21/11 at 9:42ampost #70 of 788/31/11 at 9:29pmpost #71 of 789/1/11 at 1:25ampost #72 of 789/1/11 at 1:40ampost #73 of 789/1/11 at 1:57am
If I am going to get the WES, I would get it maxxed out but leave the tube upgrade. I believe that vintage NOS tubes would certainly outclass the so called tube upgrades they offer? Will I have to re-adjust the bias though?post #74 of 789/1/11 at 1:47pm
Nothing to adjust on the WES but in my view this is a bad thing. How on earth are you going to get the published voltage swing otherwise?post #75 of 789/1/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
I doubt that one hears anything in this frequency region at all. Possibly a high frequency response going beyond audibility pays off in amplifier performance by reducing some kind of distortion which does end up in the audible region.
At the low end of hearing, eg. below 20Hz, what you don't hear you could feel so that does definitely matter.
In sound waves as in light waves, there are limits to what people can detect. People vary as to just where these limits are but once you get beyond them any energy in these regions just doesn't matter to hearing or seeing.
- Woo Wes or BHSE
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › USB DAC with RCA output for ~$100 2 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › FLAC file below 320 kbps? 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...