You should ask Harman Kardon for that. I believe they said live music could go beyond human hearing limit, they didn't say to 100,000 hz.
Related Forum Threads
- Wooaudio GES channel imbalance? Last post on 4/11/10 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Is the Woo Audio GES a significant upgrade (Stax SRM-006t)? Last post on 11/4/12 at 6:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a Decent Amp Suggestion Last post on 10/23/11 at 4:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Woo Wes or BHSE - Page 5post #61 of 758/20/11 at 8:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 758/21/11 at 12:47ampost #63 of 758/21/11 at 1:26amQuote:
3 dB down at 400Khz, what does that mean???post #64 of 758/21/11 at 1:50am
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.post #65 of 758/21/11 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by n3rdling
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.
post #66 of 758/21/11 at 6:37ampost #67 of 758/21/11 at 6:41ampost #68 of 758/21/11 at 8:14ampost #69 of 758/21/11 at 9:42ampost #70 of 758/31/11 at 9:29pmpost #71 of 759/1/11 at 1:25ampost #72 of 759/1/11 at 1:40ampost #73 of 759/1/11 at 1:57am
If I am going to get the WES, I would get it maxxed out but leave the tube upgrade. I believe that vintage NOS tubes would certainly outclass the so called tube upgrades they offer? Will I have to re-adjust the bias though?post #74 of 759/1/11 at 1:47pm
Nothing to adjust on the WES but in my view this is a bad thing. How on earth are you going to get the published voltage swing otherwise?post #75 of 759/1/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
I doubt that one hears anything in this frequency region at all. Possibly a high frequency response going beyond audibility pays off in amplifier performance by reducing some kind of distortion which does end up in the audible region.
At the low end of hearing, eg. below 20Hz, what you don't hear you could feel so that does definitely matter.
In sound waves as in light waves, there are limits to what people can detect. People vary as to just where these limits are but once you get beyond them any energy in these regions just doesn't matter to hearing or seeing.
- Woo Wes or BHSE
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Analogsurviver cage match! 4 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 28 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › Help with growing ear canals 3 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 4 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 8 minutes ago
- › Cable Upgrade - Fact or Fiction? 8 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2