You should ask Harman Kardon for that. I believe they said live music could go beyond human hearing limit, they didn't say to 100,000 hz.
Related Forum Threads
- Wooaudio GES channel imbalance? Last post on 4/11/10 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Is the Woo Audio GES a significant upgrade (Stax SRM-006t)? Last post on 11/4/12 at 6:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a Decent Amp Suggestion Last post on 10/23/11 at 4:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Woo Wes or BHSE - Page 5post #61 of 788/20/11 at 8:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 788/21/11 at 12:47ampost #63 of 788/21/11 at 1:26amQuote:
3 dB down at 400Khz, what does that mean???post #64 of 788/21/11 at 1:50am
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.post #65 of 788/21/11 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by n3rdling
You can measure the frequency response (in Hertz) of an audio component like an amp. Different amps have different frequency responses. It is common for people to quote how 'far' the amp can go on both ends of the spectrum before tapering off a certain number of decibals. 3 dB is a very common figure to use there, as it is in many audio applications (I believe it is percieved by the ear as being a multiple - 'twice as loud' - though that may be 6dB, I can't remember right now). What can be taken from that measurement is that the amp is flat from DC to 400,000Hz. Some amps don't measure as flat, being 3 dB down within the audible spectrum (generally taken as 20-20,000 Hz) isn't even that uncommon.
post #66 of 788/21/11 at 6:37ampost #67 of 788/21/11 at 6:41ampost #68 of 788/21/11 at 8:14ampost #69 of 788/21/11 at 9:42ampost #70 of 788/31/11 at 9:29pmpost #71 of 789/1/11 at 1:25ampost #72 of 789/1/11 at 1:40ampost #73 of 789/1/11 at 1:57am
If I am going to get the WES, I would get it maxxed out but leave the tube upgrade. I believe that vintage NOS tubes would certainly outclass the so called tube upgrades they offer? Will I have to re-adjust the bias though?post #74 of 789/1/11 at 1:47pm
Nothing to adjust on the WES but in my view this is a bad thing. How on earth are you going to get the published voltage swing otherwise?post #75 of 789/1/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
I doubt that one hears anything in this frequency region at all. Possibly a high frequency response going beyond audibility pays off in amplifier performance by reducing some kind of distortion which does end up in the audible region.
At the low end of hearing, eg. below 20Hz, what you don't hear you could feel so that does definitely matter.
In sound waves as in light waves, there are limits to what people can detect. People vary as to just where these limits are but once you get beyond them any energy in these regions just doesn't matter to hearing or seeing.
- Woo Wes or BHSE
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO... 21 seconds ago
- › Popular Classical Music 55 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 1 minute ago
- › Question for desktop setup (Please help) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › How do I know when the Fiio X-5 has reached capacity for an SD card... 5 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable 6 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...