Related Forum Threads
- Wooaudio GES channel imbalance? Last post on 4/11/10 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Is the Woo Audio GES a significant upgrade (Stax SRM-006t)? Last post on 11/4/12 at 6:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a Decent Amp Suggestion Last post on 10/23/11 at 4:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Woo Wes or BHSE - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 752/17/10 at 3:44pmpost #48 of 752/17/10 at 3:46pmI would go for the WES for the simple fact that the lead time is much, much shorter and if I were you I want to be able to use that O2 ASAP. Forbigger waited 4 months for his KGSS IIRC (you can correct me if I'm wrong Bud ).post #49 of 752/17/10 at 4:02pmQuote:You do realize you're asking the one person who hasn't actually heard either amp, WES or BHSE?post #50 of 753/13/10 at 2:13pmThread StarterThanks all who contributed to this thread. Your comments were extremely valuable. Based on general feedback, both the KGBH SE and Woo Wes seemed to be quite close in performance and price, but I finally decided to acquire a Woo Wes primarily because of the much quicker delivery time.
With this acquisition I am hoping that there will be no significant weak link in my new stat set-up so that I can just get down to enjoying the music.....post #51 of 757/25/11 at 12:51ampost #52 of 758/15/11 at 8:35am
Exactly what I want to ask because I'm going to get the SR-009 and don't know what amp I should get to power it. My only concern with the BHSE is the frequency response (5-20,000Hz). Apparently the SR-009 has a frequency response of (5-42,000Hz) and some guy elsewhere said the amplifier should have a better frequency response than the headphones. Because the BHSE's frequency response is lesser than that of the SR-009's would that mean the BHSE can't push it to it's full potential? Anyway about the WES does anyone know what the frequency response of that is? I e-mailed Woo Audio about it but I got no reply. If only my RP-1000 was an electrostatic amplifier because that thing apparently has a frequency response of 100,000Hz. With all this frequency response stuff apparently people can't hear any higher than 20,000Hz anyway so what's the point after all.post #53 of 758/15/11 at 1:12pm
Wow, this posts goes up there with the most retarded things I've read all day...
And I see Rudi is bending the laws of physics again, no way in hell the RP-1000 comes anywhere near 100kHz.post #54 of 758/15/11 at 4:53pmLinearity is much more important than frequency response.
Would you rather have an amp that goes up to 50kHz but is all over the map or one that goes to 20kHz but is ruler-flat?
Also, I would not be surprised if the BHSE is flat out beyond 20kHz. But there's not much point in measuring it since no one can hear it and 99% of what's on a recording will be well under 20kHz. You don't find much beyond 15kHz.post #55 of 758/15/11 at 10:14pm
I'd test my RP1000 MKII to see how high all that frequency stuff really goes but how would I do that? If other amplifiers do it why couldn't the RP1000? I'm going to hang on to it for my HD800's because otherwise I'll only have my X-Can V3. Anyway Uncle Eric I thought about that as well... what's the point of going beyond 20Hz if you can't hear it. Spritzer just to ask have you even heard the RP1000? Bandwidth: 2-120.000 Hz 0.05db. That's apparently his newer one. Secondly don't be mean because all that I said is what other people said or couldn't you figure that out. Just for anyways I got an e-mail from Woo Audio after all-
"It is about 10hz to 35khz."
If anyone was wondering.post #56 of 758/16/11 at 1:08ampost #57 of 758/16/11 at 9:19am
Oh alrighty then . It looks like I'll still get the BHSE (I'll order that tomorrow) and if it's true about Rudi lying about his stuff how can he get away with it ? Maybe it'll be like buying a Ferrari and getting a Datsun with a Ferrari body-kit . Surely there has to be something the people who bought his stuff can do. Would it be like buying fakes? Oh well maybe I'll just stay away from Rudi for now on but then again with the BHSE I won't be buying a new amp for a long time anyway... unless of course a new BHSE comes out.post #58 of 758/20/11 at 9:16am
Could amplifiers reach 100,000 hz ? My old Harmon Kardon amplifier had such claim. Live music goes beyond human hearing limit and to reproduce that would give similar "live" feeling.post #59 of 758/20/11 at 10:39ampost #60 of 758/20/11 at 12:18pm
- Woo Wes or BHSE
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FS: Sennheiser HD800 in Great Condition 1 minute ago
- › Help me replace my Denon D2000 2 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Who still has the Sony SA5000? 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)