Related Forum Threads
- Wooaudio GES channel imbalance? Last post on 4/11/10 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Is the Woo Audio GES a significant upgrade (Stax SRM-006t)? Last post on 11/4/12 at 6:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a Decent Amp Suggestion Last post on 10/23/11 at 4:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Woo Wes or BHSE - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 752/17/10 at 3:44pmpost #48 of 752/17/10 at 3:46pmI would go for the WES for the simple fact that the lead time is much, much shorter and if I were you I want to be able to use that O2 ASAP. Forbigger waited 4 months for his KGSS IIRC (you can correct me if I'm wrong Bud ).post #49 of 752/17/10 at 4:02pmQuote:You do realize you're asking the one person who hasn't actually heard either amp, WES or BHSE?post #50 of 753/13/10 at 2:13pmThread StarterThanks all who contributed to this thread. Your comments were extremely valuable. Based on general feedback, both the KGBH SE and Woo Wes seemed to be quite close in performance and price, but I finally decided to acquire a Woo Wes primarily because of the much quicker delivery time.
With this acquisition I am hoping that there will be no significant weak link in my new stat set-up so that I can just get down to enjoying the music.....post #51 of 757/25/11 at 12:51ampost #52 of 758/15/11 at 8:35am
Exactly what I want to ask because I'm going to get the SR-009 and don't know what amp I should get to power it. My only concern with the BHSE is the frequency response (5-20,000Hz). Apparently the SR-009 has a frequency response of (5-42,000Hz) and some guy elsewhere said the amplifier should have a better frequency response than the headphones. Because the BHSE's frequency response is lesser than that of the SR-009's would that mean the BHSE can't push it to it's full potential? Anyway about the WES does anyone know what the frequency response of that is? I e-mailed Woo Audio about it but I got no reply. If only my RP-1000 was an electrostatic amplifier because that thing apparently has a frequency response of 100,000Hz. With all this frequency response stuff apparently people can't hear any higher than 20,000Hz anyway so what's the point after all.post #53 of 758/15/11 at 1:12pm
Wow, this posts goes up there with the most retarded things I've read all day...
And I see Rudi is bending the laws of physics again, no way in hell the RP-1000 comes anywhere near 100kHz.post #54 of 758/15/11 at 4:53pmLinearity is much more important than frequency response.
Would you rather have an amp that goes up to 50kHz but is all over the map or one that goes to 20kHz but is ruler-flat?
Also, I would not be surprised if the BHSE is flat out beyond 20kHz. But there's not much point in measuring it since no one can hear it and 99% of what's on a recording will be well under 20kHz. You don't find much beyond 15kHz.post #55 of 758/15/11 at 10:14pm
I'd test my RP1000 MKII to see how high all that frequency stuff really goes but how would I do that? If other amplifiers do it why couldn't the RP1000? I'm going to hang on to it for my HD800's because otherwise I'll only have my X-Can V3. Anyway Uncle Eric I thought about that as well... what's the point of going beyond 20Hz if you can't hear it. Spritzer just to ask have you even heard the RP1000? Bandwidth: 2-120.000 Hz 0.05db. That's apparently his newer one. Secondly don't be mean because all that I said is what other people said or couldn't you figure that out. Just for anyways I got an e-mail from Woo Audio after all-
"It is about 10hz to 35khz."
If anyone was wondering.post #56 of 758/16/11 at 1:08ampost #57 of 758/16/11 at 9:19am
Oh alrighty then . It looks like I'll still get the BHSE (I'll order that tomorrow) and if it's true about Rudi lying about his stuff how can he get away with it ? Maybe it'll be like buying a Ferrari and getting a Datsun with a Ferrari body-kit . Surely there has to be something the people who bought his stuff can do. Would it be like buying fakes? Oh well maybe I'll just stay away from Rudi for now on but then again with the BHSE I won't be buying a new amp for a long time anyway... unless of course a new BHSE comes out.post #58 of 758/20/11 at 9:16am
Could amplifiers reach 100,000 hz ? My old Harmon Kardon amplifier had such claim. Live music goes beyond human hearing limit and to reproduce that would give similar "live" feeling.post #59 of 758/20/11 at 10:39ampost #60 of 758/20/11 at 12:18pm
- Woo Wes or BHSE
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › HELP! Where to buy Edifier r1600t plus in the Philippines! 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 58 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW - AUNE AUDIO S16 - Single box DAC and Headphone Amplifier. 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Tascam TH-02 - Headphones waiting to be discovered??? (now... 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted! AK240 or Hugo Chord Mint or New 4 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)