Related Forum Threads
- Wooaudio GES channel imbalance? Last post on 4/11/10 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Is the Woo Audio GES a significant upgrade (Stax SRM-006t)? Last post on 11/4/12 at 6:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a Decent Amp Suggestion Last post on 10/23/11 at 4:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The Grado SR80i presents everything very nicely, almost romantic, you can hear everything, until you start comparing. Its not the most detailed, however it is very transparent. Its soundstage is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Arcam of Cambridge for including me in the UK tour in exchange for my honest opinion.IntroductionThe more I look at the audio industry, the more amazed I am at the number of...
Woo Wes or BHSE - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 782/17/10 at 3:44pmpost #48 of 782/17/10 at 3:46pmI would go for the WES for the simple fact that the lead time is much, much shorter and if I were you I want to be able to use that O2 ASAP. Forbigger waited 4 months for his KGSS IIRC (you can correct me if I'm wrong Bud ).post #49 of 782/17/10 at 4:02pmQuote:You do realize you're asking the one person who hasn't actually heard either amp, WES or BHSE?post #50 of 783/13/10 at 2:13pmThread StarterThanks all who contributed to this thread. Your comments were extremely valuable. Based on general feedback, both the KGBH SE and Woo Wes seemed to be quite close in performance and price, but I finally decided to acquire a Woo Wes primarily because of the much quicker delivery time.
With this acquisition I am hoping that there will be no significant weak link in my new stat set-up so that I can just get down to enjoying the music.....post #51 of 787/25/11 at 12:51ampost #52 of 788/15/11 at 8:35am
Exactly what I want to ask because I'm going to get the SR-009 and don't know what amp I should get to power it. My only concern with the BHSE is the frequency response (5-20,000Hz). Apparently the SR-009 has a frequency response of (5-42,000Hz) and some guy elsewhere said the amplifier should have a better frequency response than the headphones. Because the BHSE's frequency response is lesser than that of the SR-009's would that mean the BHSE can't push it to it's full potential? Anyway about the WES does anyone know what the frequency response of that is? I e-mailed Woo Audio about it but I got no reply. If only my RP-1000 was an electrostatic amplifier because that thing apparently has a frequency response of 100,000Hz. With all this frequency response stuff apparently people can't hear any higher than 20,000Hz anyway so what's the point after all.post #53 of 788/15/11 at 1:12pm
Wow, this posts goes up there with the most retarded things I've read all day...
And I see Rudi is bending the laws of physics again, no way in hell the RP-1000 comes anywhere near 100kHz.post #54 of 788/15/11 at 4:53pmLinearity is much more important than frequency response.
Would you rather have an amp that goes up to 50kHz but is all over the map or one that goes to 20kHz but is ruler-flat?
Also, I would not be surprised if the BHSE is flat out beyond 20kHz. But there's not much point in measuring it since no one can hear it and 99% of what's on a recording will be well under 20kHz. You don't find much beyond 15kHz.post #55 of 788/15/11 at 10:14pm
I'd test my RP1000 MKII to see how high all that frequency stuff really goes but how would I do that? If other amplifiers do it why couldn't the RP1000? I'm going to hang on to it for my HD800's because otherwise I'll only have my X-Can V3. Anyway Uncle Eric I thought about that as well... what's the point of going beyond 20Hz if you can't hear it. Spritzer just to ask have you even heard the RP1000? Bandwidth: 2-120.000 Hz 0.05db. That's apparently his newer one. Secondly don't be mean because all that I said is what other people said or couldn't you figure that out. Just for anyways I got an e-mail from Woo Audio after all-
"It is about 10hz to 35khz."
If anyone was wondering.post #56 of 788/16/11 at 1:08ampost #57 of 788/16/11 at 9:19am
Oh alrighty then . It looks like I'll still get the BHSE (I'll order that tomorrow) and if it's true about Rudi lying about his stuff how can he get away with it ? Maybe it'll be like buying a Ferrari and getting a Datsun with a Ferrari body-kit . Surely there has to be something the people who bought his stuff can do. Would it be like buying fakes? Oh well maybe I'll just stay away from Rudi for now on but then again with the BHSE I won't be buying a new amp for a long time anyway... unless of course a new BHSE comes out.post #58 of 788/20/11 at 9:16am
Could amplifiers reach 100,000 hz ? My old Harmon Kardon amplifier had such claim. Live music goes beyond human hearing limit and to reproduce that would give similar "live" feeling.post #59 of 788/20/11 at 10:39ampost #60 of 788/20/11 at 12:18pm
- Woo Wes or BHSE
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Dire Issue with vinyl pop-ish noise/static from SMSL SD793-ii to... 2 minutes ago
- › IEM Recommendations $60-$100 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DAP that can receive Bluetooth audio 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Sports jackets was for sports 8 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › TY Hi-Z 32ohm HiFi Earbuds Earphone by Himpedance
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...