- 36 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- LD MKIV SE To Woo Audio 3 Last post on 5/15/11 at 12:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SPL Auditor (unboxing video and impressions) Last post on 2/11/12 at 12:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 5/30/15 at 5:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- chosing tube amp? Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little dot mk2 vs mk3 Last post on 8/16/11 at 10:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
Best Suitable Headphone Amp for Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohmspost #1 of 122/13/10 at 7:09amThread StarterNeed a headphone amp for the studio that can properly push these puppies (600ohms). I mostly record hip-hop/rap so I want something that'll make the bass stand out and the vocals come thru clean. I heard tube amps are the way to go for 600ohms headphones. Suggestions? I'm ready to purchase and I want my outcome to be this:
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 122/13/10 at 7:53ampost #3 of 122/13/10 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #4 of 122/13/10 at 8:01pmThread Starteranyone? tube amp recommendations for 600ohms? I heard otl such as the WA3 is the way to go. Could someone explain the difference between the WA3 and WA3+? Since I'm using these headphones in the studio for tracking/recording I need them to hook up to my preamp (Solid State Logic Alpha) or my interface (EMU 0404).post #5 of 122/16/10 at 4:07amThread Starterpost #6 of 122/16/10 at 12:53pmI have several Beyer-based h.p. (incl. dt990/600, X-Deep Darths w/dt770/600 drivers). I've found Ming Da MC 84C07 with NOS tubes (orig. Mullard EL84, Raytheon 5751/windmills and 6HU6 of your choice) makes them sing. The amp sells new for $400, but you will spend at least the same additionally for the tubes I've outlined. Other more-costly choices that also work beautifully are EAR HP4, and the s.s. BlueCircle.
Skylab sold his (Ming Da) recently - you may wish to ask him what amp he has chosen to replace his Ming Da for them.post #7 of 122/16/10 at 2:49pmThread StarterI don't know too much about headphone amps...is there a way to pair any of these OTL's to my Solid State Logic Alpha Channel or my EMU0404 Interface for tracking and recording? I use these headphones in the studio booth and I want my artists to get the full experience of them...and too, I'll be using these phones to check my mix during mastering...I need them (with the tube amp) to hook up to the equipment so I can monitor. I really don't want to spend more than $500. Are there any options for this. Anybody who records in here?post #8 of 122/16/10 at 2:50pmThread Starterpost #9 of 122/16/10 at 11:18pmThread Starterpost #10 of 122/24/10 at 9:53amThe search function is your friend. This topic, like most hp/amp topic, has been discussed at length here in the past few years.
I'm also interested in the 900/600 and have found several recommendations. Skylab, who seems to be one of the resident Beyer experts, highly recommends Meier Corda Concerto amp.
I'm also considering the Maverick Audio Amp/DAC, but I have found much info on the 990 and Maverick combo.post #11 of 122/24/10 at 3:05pmTake a look at the Elekit TU882R here at http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/el...ne-amp-410886/ and here, http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...ne-amp-430997/ and also here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...embled-434829/ . I use it with DT990/600 and I'm thrilled with the performance. You can also see where Skylab ranked it and the Ming Da in relation to one another here; http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...e-amps-402585/post #12 of 123/8/11 at 11:03am
Maybe I'll get flamed for blasphemy here, but I received a pair of DT990 600 ohm cans last month and they sound great without an extra amp. I'm running these through my Pioneer receiver and can't quite imagine them sounding any better. On a lark, I plugged them into my iPod Touch and was shocked that they sounded very good even with that source (I had to jack up the iPod volume all the way though). They sound better from the iPod than my various "made for MP3" IEM's. So maybe sweating too many bullets over an amp isn't as necessary as one might think. I'm looking into buying an amp though, just to see what I might be "missing".
- Best Suitable Headphone Amp for Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohms
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 27 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 30 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ??? 6 minutes ago
- › Are Beyerdynamic custom one pro's worth it for an iphone? 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...