- 36 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- LD MKIV SE To Woo Audio 3 Last post on 5/15/11 at 12:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SPL Auditor (unboxing video and impressions) Last post on 2/11/12 at 12:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 5/30/15 at 5:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- chosing tube amp? Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little dot mk2 vs mk3 Last post on 8/16/11 at 10:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Best Suitable Headphone Amp for Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohmspost #1 of 122/13/10 at 7:09amThread StarterNeed a headphone amp for the studio that can properly push these puppies (600ohms). I mostly record hip-hop/rap so I want something that'll make the bass stand out and the vocals come thru clean. I heard tube amps are the way to go for 600ohms headphones. Suggestions? I'm ready to purchase and I want my outcome to be this:
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 122/13/10 at 7:53ampost #3 of 122/13/10 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #4 of 122/13/10 at 8:01pmThread Starteranyone? tube amp recommendations for 600ohms? I heard otl such as the WA3 is the way to go. Could someone explain the difference between the WA3 and WA3+? Since I'm using these headphones in the studio for tracking/recording I need them to hook up to my preamp (Solid State Logic Alpha) or my interface (EMU 0404).post #5 of 122/16/10 at 4:07amThread Starterpost #6 of 122/16/10 at 12:53pmI have several Beyer-based h.p. (incl. dt990/600, X-Deep Darths w/dt770/600 drivers). I've found Ming Da MC 84C07 with NOS tubes (orig. Mullard EL84, Raytheon 5751/windmills and 6HU6 of your choice) makes them sing. The amp sells new for $400, but you will spend at least the same additionally for the tubes I've outlined. Other more-costly choices that also work beautifully are EAR HP4, and the s.s. BlueCircle.
Skylab sold his (Ming Da) recently - you may wish to ask him what amp he has chosen to replace his Ming Da for them.post #7 of 122/16/10 at 2:49pmThread StarterI don't know too much about headphone amps...is there a way to pair any of these OTL's to my Solid State Logic Alpha Channel or my EMU0404 Interface for tracking and recording? I use these headphones in the studio booth and I want my artists to get the full experience of them...and too, I'll be using these phones to check my mix during mastering...I need them (with the tube amp) to hook up to the equipment so I can monitor. I really don't want to spend more than $500. Are there any options for this. Anybody who records in here?post #8 of 122/16/10 at 2:50pmThread Starterpost #9 of 122/16/10 at 11:18pmThread Starterpost #10 of 122/24/10 at 9:53amThe search function is your friend. This topic, like most hp/amp topic, has been discussed at length here in the past few years.
I'm also interested in the 900/600 and have found several recommendations. Skylab, who seems to be one of the resident Beyer experts, highly recommends Meier Corda Concerto amp.
I'm also considering the Maverick Audio Amp/DAC, but I have found much info on the 990 and Maverick combo.post #11 of 122/24/10 at 3:05pmTake a look at the Elekit TU882R here at http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/el...ne-amp-410886/ and here, http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...ne-amp-430997/ and also here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...embled-434829/ . I use it with DT990/600 and I'm thrilled with the performance. You can also see where Skylab ranked it and the Ming Da in relation to one another here; http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...e-amps-402585/post #12 of 123/8/11 at 11:03am
Maybe I'll get flamed for blasphemy here, but I received a pair of DT990 600 ohm cans last month and they sound great without an extra amp. I'm running these through my Pioneer receiver and can't quite imagine them sounding any better. On a lark, I plugged them into my iPod Touch and was shocked that they sounded very good even with that source (I had to jack up the iPod volume all the way though). They sound better from the iPod than my various "made for MP3" IEM's. So maybe sweating too many bullets over an amp isn't as necessary as one might think. I'm looking into buying an amp though, just to see what I might be "missing".
- Best Suitable Headphone Amp for Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohms
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 59 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics ES2 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Some interesting measurements about FLAC VS WAV 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 9 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear