The Concerto is currently sold out, I wonder if there will be more units...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 7/15/15 at 1:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Don''t want to try a bunch of entry level amps.. would like a solid amp in the 500-700... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson 160 or Meier Concerto? Last post on 9/20/10 at 5:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp - Page 52post #766 of 8273/26/11 at 9:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 8273/26/11 at 3:10pm
oh wow, glad I got mine last year, think I was the last who got a black one directly from Meier :-)
I'm wondering when/if the Stagedac will also get sold out anytime soon, already the silver version is no longer available. Was planning to get one soon, but not just yet, must... resist...
Curious as to whether or not there will be any new Meier products at all. Didn't he, like, sort of suggest that he was basically working his way towards quitting with Meier Audio, sometime ago?post #768 of 8273/26/11 at 5:57pmpost #769 of 8273/27/11 at 7:15amThread StarterHe did post here that he did not plan to increase the number of products he makes...I took it more as perhaps he was going to turn to some higher end, lower volume products, but that was ONLY MY guessing, I have no knowledge of what he plans to do.post #770 of 8273/27/11 at 7:42am
I talked to Jan just yesterday and he said Concerto, StageDAC and Symphony are gone for good. New product line should be ready in a few months. No indication of what they will be.
Edited by Szadzik - 3/27/11 at 7:44ampost #771 of 8273/27/11 at 8:17amQuote:
In that case I treasure my Concerto even more! It has given me so many hours of musical joy so far.post #772 of 8273/27/11 at 8:24ampost #773 of 8273/27/11 at 8:58ampost #774 of 8273/27/11 at 10:04amQuote:
I'm gong to make an educated guess... there will be one DAC (optionally balanced), one amp (optionally balanced), and maybe a portable dac/amp. That's just wild speculation thoughpost #775 of 8273/27/11 at 3:51pmQuote:
I have asked Jan and he said that there won't be any upgrade to StageDAC. The new amp will be up in about half a years time. Meh!post #776 of 8273/27/11 at 5:57pmpost #777 of 8273/27/11 at 6:15pmQuote:
What headphones are you using? How loud do you like it?post #778 of 8273/27/11 at 8:11pm
I'm not sure about your source, because I don't know much about it, but I had a similar situation as you BEFORE I got my DAC.
I was going without a DAC for a while, to fund for the StageDAC, and even with the high gain on my Concerto alone, I had to go real high on the volume dial too.
Now since adding my StageDAC I can't go past 10 o'clock. So I'm guessing you're in the same situation... Also, The StageDAC has a high/low gain setting, so you might want to check your source for that too.post #779 of 8273/27/11 at 11:05pmI just don't undesrtand why he stopped producing the Concerto, which is such a great and well received amp, if he doesn't have anything new for at least 6 months??? Maybe is taking a long break in Hawaii or Bali.post #780 of 8273/27/11 at 11:30pm
Probably because it's hard to do R&D and sales at the same time when you're a one man show. Jan told me once that winter time is for sales, so I imagine spring/summer is when he works on new stuff.
- REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 13 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 34 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Magnat LZR series 5 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...