The Concerto is currently sold out, I wonder if there will be more units...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 7/15/15 at 1:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Don''t want to try a bunch of entry level amps.. would like a solid amp in the 500-700... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson 160 or Meier Concerto? Last post on 9/20/10 at 5:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp - Page 52post #766 of 8273/26/11 at 9:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 8273/26/11 at 3:10pm
oh wow, glad I got mine last year, think I was the last who got a black one directly from Meier :-)
I'm wondering when/if the Stagedac will also get sold out anytime soon, already the silver version is no longer available. Was planning to get one soon, but not just yet, must... resist...
Curious as to whether or not there will be any new Meier products at all. Didn't he, like, sort of suggest that he was basically working his way towards quitting with Meier Audio, sometime ago?post #768 of 8273/26/11 at 5:57pmpost #769 of 8273/27/11 at 7:15amThread StarterHe did post here that he did not plan to increase the number of products he makes...I took it more as perhaps he was going to turn to some higher end, lower volume products, but that was ONLY MY guessing, I have no knowledge of what he plans to do.post #770 of 8273/27/11 at 7:42am
I talked to Jan just yesterday and he said Concerto, StageDAC and Symphony are gone for good. New product line should be ready in a few months. No indication of what they will be.
Edited by Szadzik - 3/27/11 at 7:44ampost #771 of 8273/27/11 at 8:17amQuote:
In that case I treasure my Concerto even more! It has given me so many hours of musical joy so far.post #772 of 8273/27/11 at 8:24ampost #773 of 8273/27/11 at 8:58ampost #774 of 8273/27/11 at 10:04amQuote:
I'm gong to make an educated guess... there will be one DAC (optionally balanced), one amp (optionally balanced), and maybe a portable dac/amp. That's just wild speculation thoughpost #775 of 8273/27/11 at 3:51pmQuote:
I have asked Jan and he said that there won't be any upgrade to StageDAC. The new amp will be up in about half a years time. Meh!post #776 of 8273/27/11 at 5:57pmpost #777 of 8273/27/11 at 6:15pmQuote:
What headphones are you using? How loud do you like it?post #778 of 8273/27/11 at 8:11pm
I'm not sure about your source, because I don't know much about it, but I had a similar situation as you BEFORE I got my DAC.
I was going without a DAC for a while, to fund for the StageDAC, and even with the high gain on my Concerto alone, I had to go real high on the volume dial too.
Now since adding my StageDAC I can't go past 10 o'clock. So I'm guessing you're in the same situation... Also, The StageDAC has a high/low gain setting, so you might want to check your source for that too.post #779 of 8273/27/11 at 11:05pmI just don't undesrtand why he stopped producing the Concerto, which is such a great and well received amp, if he doesn't have anything new for at least 6 months??? Maybe is taking a long break in Hawaii or Bali.post #780 of 8273/27/11 at 11:30pm
Probably because it's hard to do R&D and sales at the same time when you're a one man show. Jan told me once that winter time is for sales, so I imagine spring/summer is when he works on new stuff.
- REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › omg i love my new monoprice 5" studio monitors!! 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Best gear for listening to classical music... 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › Why do companies make headphones hard to drive(300+ ohm) is it a... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2