The Concerto is currently sold out, I wonder if there will be more units...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 7/15/15 at 1:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Don''t want to try a bunch of entry level amps.. would like a solid amp in the 500-700... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson 160 or Meier Concerto? Last post on 9/20/10 at 5:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp - Page 52post #766 of 8323/26/11 at 9:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 8323/26/11 at 3:10pm
oh wow, glad I got mine last year, think I was the last who got a black one directly from Meier :-)
I'm wondering when/if the Stagedac will also get sold out anytime soon, already the silver version is no longer available. Was planning to get one soon, but not just yet, must... resist...
Curious as to whether or not there will be any new Meier products at all. Didn't he, like, sort of suggest that he was basically working his way towards quitting with Meier Audio, sometime ago?post #768 of 8323/26/11 at 5:57pmpost #769 of 8323/27/11 at 7:15amThread StarterHe did post here that he did not plan to increase the number of products he makes...I took it more as perhaps he was going to turn to some higher end, lower volume products, but that was ONLY MY guessing, I have no knowledge of what he plans to do.post #770 of 8323/27/11 at 7:42am
I talked to Jan just yesterday and he said Concerto, StageDAC and Symphony are gone for good. New product line should be ready in a few months. No indication of what they will be.
Edited by Szadzik - 3/27/11 at 7:44ampost #771 of 8323/27/11 at 8:17amQuote:
In that case I treasure my Concerto even more! It has given me so many hours of musical joy so far.post #772 of 8323/27/11 at 8:24ampost #773 of 8323/27/11 at 8:58ampost #774 of 8323/27/11 at 10:04amQuote:
I'm gong to make an educated guess... there will be one DAC (optionally balanced), one amp (optionally balanced), and maybe a portable dac/amp. That's just wild speculation thoughpost #775 of 8323/27/11 at 3:51pmQuote:
I have asked Jan and he said that there won't be any upgrade to StageDAC. The new amp will be up in about half a years time. Meh!post #776 of 8323/27/11 at 5:57pmpost #777 of 8323/27/11 at 6:15pmQuote:
What headphones are you using? How loud do you like it?post #778 of 8323/27/11 at 8:11pm
I'm not sure about your source, because I don't know much about it, but I had a similar situation as you BEFORE I got my DAC.
I was going without a DAC for a while, to fund for the StageDAC, and even with the high gain on my Concerto alone, I had to go real high on the volume dial too.
Now since adding my StageDAC I can't go past 10 o'clock. So I'm guessing you're in the same situation... Also, The StageDAC has a high/low gain setting, so you might want to check your source for that too.post #779 of 8323/27/11 at 11:05pmI just don't undesrtand why he stopped producing the Concerto, which is such a great and well received amp, if he doesn't have anything new for at least 6 months??? Maybe is taking a long break in Hawaii or Bali.post #780 of 8323/27/11 at 11:30pm
Probably because it's hard to do R&D and sales at the same time when you're a one man show. Jan told me once that winter time is for sales, so I imagine spring/summer is when he works on new stuff.
- REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › What portable DAC/AMP do you recommend me to use with the ATH M50X ? 3 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 37 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 45 seconds ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › InEar StageDiver 4s 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear