Awesome to hear, RazorJack! I am glad that you are digging the DT990 600/Concerto pairing as well. My, this amp is indeed blacker in background than anything else that I have ever heard. An amazing value for a top-performer, certainly.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 7/15/15 at 1:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Don''t want to try a bunch of entry level amps.. would like a solid amp in the 500-700... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson 160 or Meier Concerto? Last post on 9/20/10 at 5:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp - Page 45post #661 of 82712/6/10 at 11:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 82712/6/10 at 5:05pmQuote:
and that is indeed what it is all about. :) congrats on the new toys.post #663 of 82712/6/10 at 9:01pm
Quote:Originally Posted by PascalTQuote:
and that is indeed what it is all about. :) congrats on the new toys.
Yes, indeed, but nonetheless I am appreciative of all head-fiers who had reviewed equipment or pen their impressions which has enabled a lot of us to make wiser and less hit-and-miss decisions.post #664 of 82712/6/10 at 9:26pm
if i buy any other full sized amp, it will be the concerto but only if i can keep my wa2 too. otherwise no more amps for me. ive read over and over all the great things people have been saying about Jan's work. I hope to try one sooner or later!post #665 of 82712/6/10 at 9:30pm
So... I joined the Concerto club today! Got a very nice, like-new condition amp via the For Sale forums here, and have been ignoring my other obligations tonight to enjoy it (right now, it's Gentle Giant's Free Hand with my T1s). Honestly, on first impression, this amp does not blow away the Gilmore Lite with DPS -- they're in the same general vicinity with one another. A longer listen, however, seems to reveal the Concerto's strengths: detail, tone, soundstage, and control of deep bass. Quite pleased so far... and at least a little optimistic that I'll be able to stick with a Concerto/WA6SE combination for a while without getting "the bug" yet again...
Edited by Olias of Sunhillow - 12/6/10 at 10:29pmpost #666 of 82712/6/10 at 10:27pm
I was thinking of getting the CONCERTO and the STAGEDAC as a pair, but the amp is no longer available in black. Mr. Meier said that that was going to be permanent. Silver really doesn't match the rest of my stuff.post #667 of 82712/6/10 at 11:52pmpost #668 of 82712/7/10 at 1:07ampost #669 of 82712/7/10 at 1:46am
To keep production costs as low as possible every new model is produced in one single large batch. When an amplifier like the CONCERTO is available in two colors I therefore have to estimate how much amplifiers are to be sold in each color.
With the CONCERTO, for some reason or another, the black became much more popular than the silver model. As a result I only have silver models left. Actually, I'm a little bit surprised by this result. Personally I prefer the silver looks! :-)
Please be noted that there is still plenty of silver amplifiers available. A new production run is not to be expected within the next 6 months.
Janpost #670 of 82712/7/10 at 10:22ampost #671 of 82712/7/10 at 10:25am
Thanks for letting us know, Jan. Does this mean that the black version of the Concerto is fully discontinued, or will there be another batch procured in approximately 6 months time, if significant interest allows?
If it so happens that there will be no more of the 'more popular' black model produced, I have a feeling that the general impression here will then be that after the silver model runs out, the Concerto as we now know it will be discontinued. Following this, speculation about a replacement or significant update to the Corda Concerto. (I personally love my silver desert island giant slayer, and would prefer to see it as a long-time Meier offering. It does almost everything very well, including giving giants a run for their wallets!)
Edited by sampson_smith - 12/7/10 at 10:28ampost #672 of 82712/7/10 at 11:32ampost #673 of 82712/7/10 at 1:46pm
> Does this mean that the black version of the Concerto is fully discontinued, or will there be another batch procured in approximately 6 months time
> Following this, speculation about a replacement or significant update to the Corda Concerto.
The CONCERTO will not be produced anymore so it will only be available in Silver from now on. However, there is still plenty of stock for at least half a year.
What will come next? To be honest, I've no idea yet. Over the last 10 years Meier-Audio has grown from a hobby to a company that is almost too large to handle by one single person (actually last week I had my 10th anniversary!! :-) A lot has been done to handle this continuous growth, especially outsourcing of the production has helped a lot, but this year I've decided that I no longer want to grow. Enough is enough. However, this implies that I gradually will reduce my sales-programm. Right now I have 8 different models and that is too much. Some models will not be replaced by a successor when they're sold out. Which ones? Sorry, I haven't decided on that one yet. Just wait and you will see.
Janpost #674 of 82712/7/10 at 5:24pm
My word! Thanks for letting us know, straight up, Jan. I wish you the best with whatever you choose to do, but-- given the near-unanimous praise over the last year for your newest amp-- I wish that the Concerto be given a longer production life. Who am I to complain, as I do already have a Concerto and no plans at all to upgrade, but as an amp that can drive nearly everything very well, I figured it would become your standby, as it has ours. That said, thanks for the awesome product. Truly, music to my ears! ;)
Vincentpost #675 of 82712/7/10 at 8:26pmQuote:
That would be awesome!
- REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Audio Power Supplies - PART3 - SMPS, LPS. SuperCap, Battery, DIY... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FS: B&0 H3 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Etymotic ER4PT 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear