Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp - Page 2

post #16 of 827
@Skylab

Have you tried it with your Denon 7000?

Do you think it is a good partner for denon D2000?
post #17 of 827
Thread Starter 
I do think it has good synergy with the DT990 - maybe even a little better than with the DT880.
post #18 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
I do think it has good synergy with the DT990 - maybe even a little better than with the DT880.
Thanks Skylab! I feel that the synergy with my current amp, a second hand Arietta, isn't great at all. I wanted it to tighten up the bass of the DT990 but in combination with the Arietta the Beyer sounds utterly dull. It seems that the Concerto would be a better choice.
post #19 of 827
would love to compare this to my solo srg1
post #20 of 827
Absolutely terrific review Skylab !

does the musical/energetic/fast paced excitement that the dt990's are well known show itself in the Concerto?

obv Meir amps are phenomenal with the Beyers, but do you still believe tube amps still respectfully excel with the 990's or did the Audio Concerto prove you wrong?
post #21 of 827
Thread Starter 
No, I still love the DT990 with tubes - but the good thing is tubes are not the ONLY option

And yes to on the DT990 excitement with the Concerto
post #22 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool View Post
a second hand Arietta, isn't great at all. [..] with the Arietta the Beyer sounds utterly dull.
it's a very poor amp IME..

very nice review Skylab! too bad it takes $750 to get an amp based around AD797(hopefully B)
post #23 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
it's a very poor amp IME..

very nice review Skylab! too bad it takes $750 to get an amp based around AD797(hopefully B)

Concerto is based around AD 797 ANZ.
There are people who believe that AD 797 beats any discret op-amps
post #24 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmagus View Post
Concerto is based around AD 797 ANZ.
There are people who believe that AD 797 beats any discret op-amps
hummm $750 and it's not even using AD797BRZ...AD797B does kill discrete op-amps(even the Burson v2) IME, AD797A would be a major step back.
post #25 of 827
Very nice review! Really makes me wanna try one.
post #26 of 827
Well done mate! More comparison gonna be helpful.
Anyway thanks Skylab!
post #27 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
hummm $750 and it's not even using AD797BRZ...AD797B does kill discrete op-amps(even the Burson v2) IME, AD797A would be a major step back.
It's DIP8 - it will be easy to change, yes?
post #28 of 827
Great review. Been wanting to try a Meier amp for some time now. Might have to try this one.
post #29 of 827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapQ View Post
Well done mate! More comparison gonna be helpful.
Anyway thanks Skylab!
Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't currently have any other home SS amps to compare it to.
post #30 of 827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirh View Post
@Skylab

Have you tried it with your Denon 7000?

Do you think it is a good partner for denon D2000?
I'm sorry, I somehow missed this post. Yes, the Concerto worked very well with my D7000's - they sounded excellent together - the D7000 benefit from the Concerto's clean but present treble and tight bass control. I can't say for sure that this means it would pair well with the D2000, but it seems that it should.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp