- 12 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD595 and Asus Xonar Essence ST Last post on 9/10/10 at 9:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 Help and Info Last post on 8/18/10 at 10:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Thinking about buying a new headphone - Need some advice Last post on 10/9/12 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First audio rig, need some help. Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:06pm in Computer Audio
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Asus Xonar Essence STXpost #1 of 122/8/10 at 3:30pmThread StarterHi guyz. I just bought Xonar STX with sennheiser HD 595. After doing a lot of research i did this. I hope i didn't do a mistake. I am still waiting for the shipment t9o arrive. I will give my review after i receive it. If somebody has any suggestions for me you are most welcome.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 122/8/10 at 3:41pmQuote:Hi guyz. I just bought Xonar STX with sennheiser HD 595. After doing a lot of research i did this. I hope i didn't do a mistake. I am still waiting for the shipment t9o arrive. I will give my review after i receive it. If somebody has any suggestions for me you are most welcome.post #3 of 122/8/10 at 4:10pmpost #4 of 122/8/10 at 4:24pmpost #5 of 126/17/10 at 1:01am
First post here directly from France !
I have had the HD595 with essence stx card for a year now and really enjoyed them. I have sold my headphones to buy the HD650v². I hope they will perform better with this really nice card.
Enjoy your headphone. You will have a starting week with a sound sourrounding bass at the beginning and after like 20hours or so of use then you'll find it better and better !post #6 of 126/17/10 at 5:02ampost #7 of 126/17/10 at 5:19ampost #8 of 126/17/10 at 2:22pmpost #9 of 126/18/10 at 6:55am
Well that is subjective opinion as consider opamps flavors and just like anything else, not everybody likes the same flavor. The Bursons are alright but there are many other discreet opamps out there.
Many have been using them for a long time with these cards. Check out the Audio-GD units as they go great with a ST(X). I have also been testing some custom built ones that show great promise.post #10 of 126/22/10 at 11:35pmpost #11 of 1210/14/10 at 11:20ampost #12 of 1210/15/10 at 7:34amQuote:
The HD555 is quite a bit cheaper, is it within your range?
With a screwdriver and 5 minutes you can open them up, remove the sticky-back foam pad, and make them sound very nearly the same as the HD595s. They have the same drivers and almost the same internal structure.
- Asus Xonar Essence STX
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Review: Rock-It Sounds R-DJ – 3rd and Special Strike! 53 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › iPad Air 32GB Wifi White/Silver SEALED BRAND NEW. I cover Paypal... 1 minute ago
- › Benchmark DAC1 - which input to use? 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 4 minutes ago
- › B&W VM-1 4 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › B&W CC6S2 7 minutes ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi