Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Comprehensive list of iPhone headsets with head-fi reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comprehensive list of iPhone headsets with head-fi reviews

post #1 of 42
Thread Starter 

I wanted to collect the links to the reviews of all the headsets that have a microphone and a button that works with the iPhone. Please let me know what I missed, and I'll update the table.
 

Code:
        |Name/Review   |Manufacturer | MSRP |Notes
|M9P           |MEElectronics|  $30 |
|MP21          |SoundMagic   |  $32 | (MSRP?)
|J3m           |JLAB         |  $40 |
|NE-7M         |NuForce      |  $49 |
|iP-HS2        |Maximo       |  $50 | based on iM-490
|M11P          |MEelectronics|  $52 |
|iP-HS3        |Maximo       |  $60 | based on iM-390
|MetroFi 170vi |Ultimate Ears|  $60 |
|Vibe          |V-MODA       |  $60 |
|Image S2m     |Klipsch      |  $60 | Also known as X1m
|ADDIEM        |Apple        |  $79 |
|Shroom-i      |Hippo        |  $79 |
|IESW100B      |Woodees      |  $80 |
|MM50 iP       |Sennheiser   |  $80 |
|iP-HS5        |Maximo       |  $80 | based on iM-590
|Vibe Duo      |V-MODA       |  $80 |
[Z-Buds        |Zagg         |  $80 | 
|MetroFi 220vi |Ultimate Ears|  $90 |
|Image S4i     |Klipsch      | $100 | has volume buttons
|Vibe II       |V-MODA       | $120 |
|SE115m+       |Shure        | $120 |
|Audeo PFE mic |Phonak       | $159 |
|MMX100        |Beyerdynamic | $169 | based on DTX 100
|HF2           |Etymotic     | $179 |
|SuperFi 5vi   |Ultimate Ears| $190 |
|Image X10i    |Klipsch      | $350 | has volume buttons
|TripleFi 10vi |Ultimate Ears| $420 |

PS: Shure sells a Music Phone Adapter that adds a microphone and a control button to any 3.5mm headset using an extension cable.
Audio Technica also sells a Music Phone Headphone Adapter


Edited by concrete - 8/20/10 at 6:26pm
post #2 of 42
Phonak pfe
post #3 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enanthate View Post
Phonak pfe
Added, thanks!
post #4 of 42
Maximo iM-HS5 (also HS1, 2 and 3), and the equivalent three-button iPhone version, iP-595. The 5-series is equivalent to the iM-590, which has been reviewed by ClieOS and joker (MSRP $80). Headphone Addict has reviewed the iM-HS5 here.

Hippo Shroom-i (if they can be found anywhere).
post #5 of 42
Good list you got coming here. I'm definitely going to come back to this in the future if I get an iPhone or something.
post #6 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrost View Post
Maximo iM-HS5 (also HS1, 2 and 3), and the equivalent three-button iPhone version, iP-595. The 5-series is equivalent to the iM-590, which has been reviewed by ClieOS and joker (MSRP $80). Headphone Addict has reviewed the iM-HS5 here.
Thank you! I added the HS5, and when someone writes about the HS1/2/3 I will add them as well.
post #7 of 42
The maximo HS3 shares internals with the iM-390, which has been reviewed by both ClieOS and myself. The HS2 similarly shares components with the iM-490 (there was a review of the 490 somewhere around here). I would also add the Meelec M11P (same sound characteristics as the regular M11), the Soundmagic MP21 (PL21 internals), and Jlabs J3m (same as J3).
post #8 of 42
Fischer Audio has the iCon at $56.79, more info to come later on as nobody stocks them at this moment, though I'm working on it.
Excellent list you're working on, a great way to contribute to the community.
post #9 of 42
Another one:

Woodees IESW100B, reviewed here by ClieOS, $70 MSRP.
post #10 of 42
Nice post!
There's also Altec Lansing UHS306, pretty crappy though.
Btw, I believe these phones, even with its 3.5mm, may not be directly compatible with most Nokia phones. UHS306 does not work with my nokia 5800. This link also says Vibe II Duo's incompatiblity with Nokia. eBay Guides - V-Moda Vibe II Duo w Microphone - Ear Buds w Attitude
post #11 of 42
Hippo iShroom (or is it Shroom-i?), same IEM as regular Shroom but has mic and button for iPhone. Shroom review by DigDub, qinjuehang, and me.

[EDIT] BTW, Shure also sell a Music Phone Adapter.
post #12 of 42
Thread Starter 
Thank you! I even forgot that I owned the M11P!

PS: It's hard to decide what thread to link an IEM to. There are so many good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
The maximo HS3 shares internals with the iM-390, which has been reviewed by both ClieOS and myself. The HS2 similarly shares components with the iM-490 (there was a review of the 490 somewhere around here). I would also add the Meelec M11P (same sound characteristics as the regular M11), the Soundmagic MP21 (PL21 internals), and Jlabs J3m (same as J3).
post #13 of 42
Thread Starter 
Thank! I will put in the review for the iCon when I find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan961 View Post
Fischer Audio has the iCon at $56.79, more info to come later on as nobody stocks them at this moment, though I'm working on it.
Excellent list you're working on, a great way to contribute to the community.
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete View Post
Thank! I will put in the review for the iCon when I find it
That's kind of the problem, nobody has reviewed it yet that I know of other than a quick line about it. I'll work on one when I get my sample.
post #15 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
Hippo iShroom (or is it Shroom-i?), same IEM as regular Shroom but has mic and button for iPhone.
I can't find the iShrooms anywhere on Jaben Although they sound intriguing!

Quote:
[EDIT] BTW, Shure also sell a Music Phone Adapter.
I should include it, maybe in a separate section.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Comprehensive list of iPhone headsets with head-fi reviews