Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Need Cheap Cans/Iems $50 max
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Cheap Cans/Iems $50 max

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I got the HJE900($110 on J&R get them) and I'm using them too much, lol. I need a backup phone. I had a pair of re2s, is there anything around the price range of the re2($30) that sound as good? I'm also wondering if cans are the way to go. I like a warm sound, with good separation and mids. I plan to get an ibasso t3, but in the mean time I have a fiio so if a phone lacks warmth I can always throw the amp on it. even though I like bass it shouldn't be overpowering. I'd like it to blend in nicely with the music and will do so with the sacrifice of the treble(have to lose something at this price range). Oh and I'd like some isolation, which rule out a lot of cans.

I'm so tempted to get re0s though. Please don't convince me. Can't spend that cash plus shipping.
post #2 of 9
Try the Ne-6 by nuforce - they work great for me, i dont think you can go wrong. btw what kind of music do you generally listen to?
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Vanguard View Post
Try the Ne-6 by nuforce - they work great for me.
I've heard they are very bassy, which is not something I want. Although They are very good for the price. I appreciate your suggestion.
post #4 of 9
Cans? And portable? Refurb ES7? Maybe the JCV HA-M750 might be another choice but it has very strong bass.

For IEM, PL30, NE6, Meelec M6/M9
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
They don't have to be portable, keep in mind I have an amp and don't mind lugging around what sounds the best. But I may generally listen to these at home. But I will take them out every so often.
post #6 of 9
Hey shinobi00, as a Panasonic 900 lover myself, I also now have cans that I LOVE.

So when you want an easy and relaxed but great listen to your music, or movies get the CAL
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/l...phones-470229/

It will put you at 60, than 50, but you can get a refund if you don't like them. But if you love the 900's you will find no fault with these. Promise.

P.S. you wont need an amp with these, and you can walk around with them also. I am driving them straight outta my FUZE
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange1 View Post
Hey shinobi00, as a Panasonic 900 lover myself, I also now have cans that I LOVE.

So when you want an easy and relaxed but great listen to your music, or movies get the CAL
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/l...phones-470229/

It will put you at 60, than 50, but you can get a refund if you don't like them. But if you love the 900's you will find no fault with these. Promise.

P.S. you wont need an amp with these, and you can walk around with them also. I am driving them straight outta my FUZE
Thanks. That sounds like a great deal. I wish they offered more isolation and less bass. The dennon p372 offers a bit more isolation and they can be easily modded to improve sound. I have a tough choice to make.

I also failed to mention speed, I listen to a lot of metal and trance. I will do some research on the CALs but they sound like the best deal right now.
post #8 of 9
I don't think there's anything you can get better than the CAL for your price range from all I've read. And I read a lot before buying my first cans XD. The other best you could probably get for your price range is the RX700(esp with some very simple mods) for something less than 40 shipped. Keep in mind these are absolutely huge with a cable to match. Nothing better under 40 though =] They don't provide much isolation though. They are very quick.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi00 View Post
I've heard they are very bassy, which is not something I want. Although They are very good for the price. I appreciate your suggestion.
I'm still new to IEM's but wouldn't describe my NE-7M's (NE-6 with mic)as "very bassy." Seems like they have a very nice tonal balance and soundstage, especially with either Shure E2C silicone or reverse-mounted Comply T400 tips.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Need Cheap Cans/Iems $50 max