- 33 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/8/10
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 4/11/11
- brandMonster Cabletagged by System, 6/24/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- yet Another Dunu Trident Review Last post on 10/11/11 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10, Klipsch Custom 3's, Image X 10's or IE8's? Last post on 11/29/11 at 8:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Not Noob Advice. Last post on 1/2/12 at 11:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM is perfect for me? Last post on 5/20/11 at 10:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Monster Turbine Pro Copper - Page 116
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have never tried the Gold, so I couldn't way for sure. Based on your music genres, they will handle it without problems. I listen to electric (electronic??) sometimes with my MTPC. I don't listen to much hip hop or rap though.
Compared to my Sennheiser HD212 Pro(known as bloated bass monsters) , the MTPC have better bass quality, much more mids, but , strangely less highs. The HD212 go up to 19000hz, but I neves saw any hz specs. I tried many Monster and Sony tips but none give that "TZ" sounds fron electronic dance music tracks. Is the MTPC so mid-centric ??? Or mine had just worn out? I just ordered Audio-technica ATH-Pro700mk2 in the hope that I will have also some highs along with the bass (5-35000 hz). Is there anyone that has both to compare ?
I do not like excessive high frequncies, my right eardrum kinda vibrates on high volume, but the difference was there. And that Sennheiser is a bass forward can. I cannot remember the Turbine delivering sparky trebles, I enjoyed their treble so far. I bought them as used, in perfect condition, I am pretty sure they are genuine (comparing with the fakes in other topic). One thing that could affect the sound might be the cable relief strain that fell appart from the earpiece, but if I switch the sides left-right both ears hear the same sound.
Got mine for a week during Canadian Vision sell.
Had really high hopes/expectations for these cans.
un-boxed it, used it, big disappointment in about 2 minutes.
at first i thought my normal turbine sounded twice as good.
The natural EQ of these coppers are just too "bullet" shaped, Way too much mid frequencies around 1KHz
and it actually hurts my ears when I listen to them above a certain listening level Un-EQed.
I am not a bass head, and i like high frequencies.
and guess what, with this bullet shaped tone came with copper,
I dont have enough bass because the mids are relatively way too much.
and I dont have enough highs because the mids are relatively way too much too.
so i am forced to EQed it with my custom "U" shape freq.
EQ preferences might be a very subjective area,
but i am comparing it to at least 4 other IEM including AKGs, Sonys, MEE, and even the normal Monster Turbine.
this copper of mine are with control talk.
the extra MIC ch means that this will have 3 stripes VS the normal 2 for stereo L and R
and the very annoying part comes when I connect that 3 Stripes to the 1/4 adapter and use it on anything like a external DAC/AMP.
it mixed my stereo into mono, unless i press the talk button.
tried 3 to 4 1/4 adapter and all assaulted the same mono mix-down.
some time later I managed to MANUALLY fix this by slightly unplug the 3 stripes from the adapter.
and then the mono mix-down go away.
might be a personal case, but it s really annoying.
now after two to three days of "U" shape EQed critical listening.
it started to sound like a $350 IEM.
the below are some of the reasons that stand out the most.
First is the "Headrooms" are super big.
I personally find that headroom are the only characteristic that low-mid headphones DO NOT have.
and the Coppers has super noticeable big headroom compare to all my other IEMs that are less than $100.
this characteristic itself puts coppers in the mid-high range no doubt.
Mid Bass is super detailed.
now even after my U shaped EQ settings.
The mid bass level are still a little too much for my personal liking.
but it is not even close to MUDDY.
I can clearly hear the separation of lower instruments like kick drum VS bass.
very good quality & characteristic here.
however here is my over all conclusion:
if you are expecting copper to have a flat frequency responds, avoid it.
The bullet shape EQ hurts my ear when i listen to music above a certain level.
and note that this level is not near my usual desire level.
so i have to listen to music at lower volumes.
personally i hate EQing for any reason,
but for me it is not usable if I don't EQ.
Am I the only one didn't like the bullet shape tone and have problems with the mono-mix down?
Mine have never struck me as having an overly mids-boosted signature. It's certainly a sculpted sound (not neutral), but highs and lows are there in abundance, and the mids are only prominent in a pleasant, non-dominating way. I have sensitivities to excessive sibilance, and the Coppers strike an amazing balance of being lively, detailed, and spacious without crossing the threshold of my discomfort. Not an easy feat, considering anti-sibilant sound typically comes coupled with a more smooth, relaxed, and distant signature. The Coppers remain my favorite IEM despite their age, and I find myself continually surprised by them when feeding them new music.
As for the mono mixdown problem, my Coppers are thankfully ControlTalk-free (can't stand microphone/control modules on my cords, personally)...so I can't speak on that particular issue.
I tried the adapter - yes there is the issue of mono-mix down for the control talk version.
YMMV but i had an RMA started around December 20th for my MTPC non control talk. I was recently sent back the gold version with controltalk - but the CSR also mentioned the fact they were refreshing the earphone line up mid-2014
And as for the refresh....
Thank you for the info. I will not rma this untill it's been refreshed if I decided to rma.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It's the fact the adapter was not designed for the TRRS plug (a few things designed for 3.5mm TRS dont work well with TRRS headsets in general - depends where they put their ground pin)
I used a small 3.5mm to 3.5mm extension cable and problem solved for me.
- Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Getting the Audirvana sound on windows? 4 minutes ago
- › Help Required with my MUSIC SETUP MESS!! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q1 or E18k for m50x ? 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 8 minutes ago
- › Converting my sacd iso to flac 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 11 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...