- 33 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/8/10
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 4/11/11
- brandMonster Cabletagged by System, 6/24/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- yet Another Dunu Trident Review Last post on 10/11/11 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10, Klipsch Custom 3's, Image X 10's or IE8's? Last post on 11/29/11 at 8:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Not Noob Advice. Last post on 1/2/12 at 11:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM is perfect for me? Last post on 5/20/11 at 10:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Monster Turbine Pro Copper - Page 116post #1726 of 174511/21/13 at 9:40pmSo overall for my genre of music;hip hop, rap, electric. Would you recomend these or the golds?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1727 of 174511/21/13 at 9:54pm
I have never tried the Gold, so I couldn't way for sure. Based on your music genres, they will handle it without problems. I listen to electric (electronic??) sometimes with my MTPC. I don't listen to much hip hop or rap though.post #1728 of 174511/23/13 at 1:04pmI have a question guys, Im also a teenager on a budget, and was wondering if I was to buy the refurbished versions on the monster website, would it be worth it, and what accessories would i recieve from it?post #1729 of 174511/23/13 at 1:40pmpost #1730 of 174512/27/13 at 10:58pmNot sure if there are many left but Visions Electronics had these on sale for $98 in Canada which actually enticed me to pick up a pair again after several years away from them. Out of the box they are a bit boomy but I know this will settle down with burnin/use. Not sure I will keep them but figured at their price I will be able to sell them without taking much of a loss. I like the new ear guide things it really helps stabilize them in my ear which was one of the reasons I eventually got rid of the pair I bought and gave away the pair I received to do my review with.post #1731 of 17451/7/14 at 4:24am
Compared to my Sennheiser HD212 Pro(known as bloated bass monsters) , the MTPC have better bass quality, much more mids, but , strangely less highs. The HD212 go up to 19000hz, but I neves saw any hz specs. I tried many Monster and Sony tips but none give that "TZ" sounds fron electronic dance music tracks. Is the MTPC so mid-centric ??? Or mine had just worn out? I just ordered Audio-technica ATH-Pro700mk2 in the hope that I will have also some highs along with the bass (5-35000 hz). Is there anyone that has both to compare ?post #1732 of 17451/7/14 at 4:40ampost #1733 of 17451/7/14 at 5:50amI just did a bit of tip rolling and the hybrids do attenuate the treble but they also tighten the bass reducing the rumble so sound not bad especially if your bothered by treble. I also tried a couple of different open mouth tips and they open up the sound a bit more and increase treble. The stock single flange tips still sound very good to me though.post #1734 of 17451/7/14 at 6:51am
I do not like excessive high frequncies, my right eardrum kinda vibrates on high volume, but the difference was there. And that Sennheiser is a bass forward can. I cannot remember the Turbine delivering sparky trebles, I enjoyed their treble so far. I bought them as used, in perfect condition, I am pretty sure they are genuine (comparing with the fakes in other topic). One thing that could affect the sound might be the cable relief strain that fell appart from the earpiece, but if I switch the sides left-right both ears hear the same sound.post #1735 of 17451/10/14 at 11:32pm
Got mine for a week during Canadian Vision sell.
Had really high hopes/expectations for these cans.
un-boxed it, used it, big disappointment in about 2 minutes.
at first i thought my normal turbine sounded twice as good.
The natural EQ of these coppers are just too "bullet" shaped, Way too much mid frequencies around 1KHz
and it actually hurts my ears when I listen to them above a certain listening level Un-EQed.
I am not a bass head, and i like high frequencies.
and guess what, with this bullet shaped tone came with copper,
I dont have enough bass because the mids are relatively way too much.
and I dont have enough highs because the mids are relatively way too much too.
so i am forced to EQed it with my custom "U" shape freq.
EQ preferences might be a very subjective area,
but i am comparing it to at least 4 other IEM including AKGs, Sonys, MEE, and even the normal Monster Turbine.
this copper of mine are with control talk.
the extra MIC ch means that this will have 3 stripes VS the normal 2 for stereo L and R
and the very annoying part comes when I connect that 3 Stripes to the 1/4 adapter and use it on anything like a external DAC/AMP.
it mixed my stereo into mono, unless i press the talk button.
tried 3 to 4 1/4 adapter and all assaulted the same mono mix-down.
some time later I managed to MANUALLY fix this by slightly unplug the 3 stripes from the adapter.
and then the mono mix-down go away.
might be a personal case, but it s really annoying.
now after two to three days of "U" shape EQed critical listening.
it started to sound like a $350 IEM.
the below are some of the reasons that stand out the most.
First is the "Headrooms" are super big.
I personally find that headroom are the only characteristic that low-mid headphones DO NOT have.
and the Coppers has super noticeable big headroom compare to all my other IEMs that are less than $100.
this characteristic itself puts coppers in the mid-high range no doubt.
Mid Bass is super detailed.
now even after my U shaped EQ settings.
The mid bass level are still a little too much for my personal liking.
but it is not even close to MUDDY.
I can clearly hear the separation of lower instruments like kick drum VS bass.
very good quality & characteristic here.
however here is my over all conclusion:
if you are expecting copper to have a flat frequency responds, avoid it.
The bullet shape EQ hurts my ear when i listen to music above a certain level.
and note that this level is not near my usual desire level.
so i have to listen to music at lower volumes.
personally i hate EQing for any reason,
but for me it is not usable if I don't EQ.
Am I the only one didn't like the bullet shape tone and have problems with the mono-mix down?post #1736 of 17451/11/14 at 5:24pmQuote:
Mine have never struck me as having an overly mids-boosted signature. It's certainly a sculpted sound (not neutral), but highs and lows are there in abundance, and the mids are only prominent in a pleasant, non-dominating way. I have sensitivities to excessive sibilance, and the Coppers strike an amazing balance of being lively, detailed, and spacious without crossing the threshold of my discomfort. Not an easy feat, considering anti-sibilant sound typically comes coupled with a more smooth, relaxed, and distant signature. The Coppers remain my favorite IEM despite their age, and I find myself continually surprised by them when feeding them new music.
As for the mono mixdown problem, my Coppers are thankfully ControlTalk-free (can't stand microphone/control modules on my cords, personally)...so I can't speak on that particular issue.post #1737 of 17451/11/14 at 5:52pm
I tried the adapter - yes there is the issue of mono-mix down for the control talk version.
YMMV but i had an RMA started around December 20th for my MTPC non control talk. I was recently sent back the gold version with controltalk - but the CSR also mentioned the fact they were refreshing the earphone line up mid-2014post #1738 of 17451/11/14 at 6:09pmI did a quick and dirty comparison with my normal tirbine and I am positive that my copper has more mids. And more controlled bass. Maybe I am indeed one of the few that cannot stand this sound signature.
And as for the refresh....
Thank you for the info. I will not rma this untill it's been refreshed if I decided to rma.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalkpost #1739 of 17451/11/14 at 6:11pmpost #1740 of 17451/11/14 at 9:32pmQuote:
It's the fact the adapter was not designed for the TRRS plug (a few things designed for 3.5mm TRS dont work well with TRRS headsets in general - depends where they put their ground pin)
I used a small 3.5mm to 3.5mm extension cable and problem solved for me.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear