Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Skullcandy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skullcandy - Page 5

post #61 of 137
I had a pair of Full Metal Jackets. Going from stock Sansa headphones to the FMJ they did sound ALOT better, but it only took me 3 months to break em. I was mountain biking and they fell outta my ears, landed on a rock and I think a wire came loose cause they started crackling after that. what a waste of $79cnd.
post #62 of 137
damn, that sucks!! the cheap ones do the exact same thing. after about a year, my inkd buds stopped working in one ear. i think it was the wire too becuause moving it would make it work but it stopped again when i let go. i've been surprised they didn't break sometimes. i ripped them out of my ears doing tricks, it kinda hurt my ear but they still worked after that.
post #63 of 137
i didnt know they came with a lifetime warranty or i woulda sent em in for a replacement.
post #64 of 137
My sister tends to break headphones. She bought the Ink'd for $9 from the Source CC and bought the extended warrenty for $2 (TOTALLY worth it). She broke them twice and each time they gave her a new one no questions asked. The third time they broken she just bought another brand

Either way 3 headphones for $11 aint bad, but they only lasted a few months

Better off getting some soundmagic PL11's or something.
post #65 of 137
Skullcandies happen to be the most sonically prized true top-end audiophile headphones, only for the discerning best ......I think I'm gonna gag..
post #66 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliex View Post
Skullcandies happen to be the most sonically prized true top-end audiophile headphones, only for the discerning best ......I think I'm gonna gag..
who said that? The skullcandy website???? lol
post #67 of 137
cgg123321, that's funny considering sk already has lifetime warranty.
post #68 of 137
oh no another skullcandy/monster/bose bashing thread
post #69 of 137
Ok, i'll say somthing positive bout sc, I have some skullcrushers and they have decent soundstage on some songs.
post #70 of 137
If you want decently price headphones that will make you **** your pants with GOOD bass and surprising clarity, not to mention being well built, get the Sony XB series.

I bought some Skullcandy Lowriders for my girlfriend because she loves the look. They sound like ABSOLUTE garbage.

That being said, I wanted to buy her an upgrade and she almost went for some Skullcandy GI's. OMG no. I'm glad she looked elsewhere...
post #71 of 137
Lol Skullcandy...If they said some of the bs like they do about how GOOD sounding their headphones are and others saying they compete with the top manufacturers in the world like Sennheiser etc to my face, Skullcandy would be no more So would I, but at least I did some good. Very ignorant of people to state things like this. Do you honestly believe a Skullcandy can beat...say a HD650 with a Woo Audio 6 amp? I didn't think so I just have a passion of hating companies like BOSE and Skullcandy, mainly because they market too well and idiotic people (like my friends) go and buy them straight away. What a waste of money It's sad to hear my friend say "BOSE, Skullcandy and Plantronics are AWESOME!!". He just does not believe me when I say they are pure garbage compared to some really good cans from Grado, Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic.
post #72 of 137
This young fart ( in his 20s ) was in front of me in a a restaurant line up and he had SC around his neck. Around mine were my ESW9. When he turned and noticed me, I said, "Nice phones. " He said thanks. That's when he noticed mine. I asked him if he wanted to try them. He said yes, so I let him while I held onto his SC. He listened longer than I thought he would. He handed them back and asked me where I got them. I told him about this site. He seemed pretty excited. I think I opened up a new world for him. I was more like Obi Wan Kenobi, than Palpatine.
post #73 of 137
This thread has gone awry because the OP of this thread has not visited Head-Fi in over a month. Either he has been busy or he has decided to ignore your suggestions and went for the ones linked to in the original post anyway.
post #74 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpatine View Post
This young fart ( in his 20s ) was in front of me in a a restaurant line up and he had SC around his neck. Around mine were my ESW9. When he turned and noticed me, I said, "Nice phones. " He said thanks. That's when he noticed mine. I asked him if he wanted to try them. He said yes, so I let him while I held onto his SC. He listened longer than I thought he would. He handed them back and asked me where I got them. I told him about this site. He seemed pretty excited. I think I opened up a new world for him. I was more like Obi Wan Kenobi, than Palpatine.
His ears might think you were Obi Wan, but from his wallet's view point, it's Palpatine all the way!
post #75 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Do you honestly believe a Skullcandy can beat...say a HD650 with a Woo Audio 6 amp? I didn't think so
And yet one can argue that the cost of all that is ~$1000, compared to SC's measly cost of $20-$80-whatever.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Skullcandy