Yeah...I just read all his previous posts...pretty funny and sad.
Related Forum Threads
- [VOTE] Which is the better choice? Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR60i or SR80i Last post on 9/21/11 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda crossfade vs. Roc Nation for ipod use only Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to not notice hifi? Last post on 6/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
Skullcandy - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 13712/21/10 at 4:37pmpost #123 of 13712/22/10 at 12:01amQuote:
Your joking, right?post #124 of 1371/9/12 at 7:23pmpost #125 of 1371/9/12 at 7:49pm
Dude, this thread is a year old, I think he figured it out by now.
Quote:post #126 of 1371/9/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
D@wG, I believe dat foo didpost #127 of 1371/22/12 at 6:30am
tried out smoking buds today. my ears were ruined. and the guy told me that SC are the best phones around and that I don't know nothing about headphones cause I don't listen to techno. perhaps he listens to dubstep too.post #128 of 13710/25/12 at 11:08am
ummmmmmm. sound quality is very good for tweety kind of stuff. but for bass you just wanna kinda, NO. they have no real clarity either so youd want to probably get him the skullcrushers. built in subwoofers hard to go wrong on that. best cheap thing the skullcandy has ever done.post #129 of 13710/28/12 at 6:10am
IMO, the ONLY good product SK ever made is the Full Metal Jackets. Granted, they're earphones and not headphones, but I love the bass that comes out of them. The overall sound isn't too bad either.
IMO you should go to a better brand like Koss or Sennheiser if you want to get your friend some decent cans. I own 3 pairs of SK headphones and they all sound terrible. But, if you insist on getting SK's drop the headphone idea and just get some FMJ's.post #130 of 13711/26/12 at 4:46am
Unfortunately for this sight...most people here are prejudiced toward anything they have never tried. I have a pair of Aviators and I will put them up against any 300US headphones on the market. I have lost money on expensive headphones too often to buy them. I have been a lurker here for months and all the members here are too narrow minded to give anything a chance. I am starting to believe the people here are working with the manufacturers to advertise for their products that in my opinion are way overpriced. Buy what you want and enjoy music. Don't listen to folks on here that are narrow-minded.post #131 of 13711/27/12 at 10:19pmI just won a pair of aviators, and I have put them up to my Senn Hd595s. The aviators lost badly. In fact, they performed so poorly I'm trying to determine if my unit is defective or they just sound this way. As to members on head fi being narrow minded, have you actually read some of the epic reviews members have posted here? Everything from comfort, sound, fit, finish and value have been discussed.
Also, due to the nature of music preference and "sound" preference, it's not unlikely that there will be debate as to how a particular headphone sounds. Unfortunately, skullcandy has a track record of poor quality and funky design over solid sound. If this does change, I'm sure it will be discussed on headfi before anywhere else.post #132 of 13712/21/12 at 9:58amQuote:Originally Posted by swiebeba
I just won a pair of aviators, and I have put them up to my Senn Hd595s. The aviators lost badly. In fact, they performed so poorly I'm trying to determine if my unit is defective or they just sound this way. As to members on head fi being narrow minded, have you actually read some of the epic reviews members have posted here? Everything from comfort, sound, fit, finish and value have been discussed.
Also, due to the nature of music preference and "sound" preference, it's not unlikely that there will be debate as to how a particular headphone sounds. Unfortunately, skullcandy has a track record of poor quality and funky design over solid sound. If this does change, I'm sure it will be discussed on headfi before anywhere else.
The HD595 costs double the price of the Aviator. Besides which, the Aviator doesn't compete against the HD595, it competes against Beats and other "stylish" headphones.
I haven't heard the Aviator, however many describe its sound as good(not great). In the stylish realm though not awful sound is usually good enough for great success.
The Skullcandy Aviator Roc Nation is now $115 on Amazon. While I probably wouldn't buy one, at that price I could see many being interested in it.post #133 of 13712/22/12 at 12:03amYou're comparing a closed headphone to an open one. That's already a fail. If you wanna compare, it should be closed vs closed, open vs open.
Love how people are quick to jump on Skullcandy with improper comparisons.
I may have hated the Lowriders, but I certainly like demoing the Aviators, Mix Masters, and really, really like the Slyr. They are making great strides in making their headphone line legitimate.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/22/12 at 12:10ampost #134 of 13712/22/12 at 9:46am
I have seen reviews of SK headphones improving lately and that with some models they're finally stepping it up some. I still think overall that they, like many other "stylish" brands have terrible/weird/childish designs and focus more on that than on sound quality.
The only one I've tried recently was the Aviators (previously it was some of their $20-30 on-ear and around-ear ones which sounded horrendous, worse than anything else), and they didn't sound bad, but they didn't sound like $115 headphones either. Maybe for $50-75 they would be worth it. Certainly better than most of their previous stuff.
I'll see if I can find the article but I did see where SK was at some audio convention and a few reviewers didn't expect much but were pleasantly surprised by newer models, and I think the SK reps had said something about a change in the way the company is handling their headphones now (more focus on SQ). I'll believe it when I see it, but the Aviators may be a step in that directly, if only they price them better.
Edited by xx0xx - 12/22/12 at 9:48ampost #135 of 13712/22/12 at 9:51am
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 9 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 23 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 59 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Amp for Sennheiser Urbanite XL 3 minutes ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2