Yeah...I just read all his previous posts...pretty funny and sad.
Related Forum Threads
- [VOTE] Which is the better choice? Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR60i or SR80i Last post on 9/21/11 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda crossfade vs. Roc Nation for ipod use only Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to not notice hifi? Last post on 6/11/11 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Skullcandy - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 13712/21/10 at 4:37pmpost #123 of 13712/22/10 at 12:01amQuote:
Your joking, right?post #124 of 1371/9/12 at 7:23pmpost #125 of 1371/9/12 at 7:49pm
Dude, this thread is a year old, I think he figured it out by now.
Quote:post #126 of 1371/9/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
D@wG, I believe dat foo didpost #127 of 1371/22/12 at 6:30am
tried out smoking buds today. my ears were ruined. and the guy told me that SC are the best phones around and that I don't know nothing about headphones cause I don't listen to techno. perhaps he listens to dubstep too.post #128 of 13710/25/12 at 11:08am
ummmmmmm. sound quality is very good for tweety kind of stuff. but for bass you just wanna kinda, NO. they have no real clarity either so youd want to probably get him the skullcrushers. built in subwoofers hard to go wrong on that. best cheap thing the skullcandy has ever done.post #129 of 13710/28/12 at 6:10am
IMO, the ONLY good product SK ever made is the Full Metal Jackets. Granted, they're earphones and not headphones, but I love the bass that comes out of them. The overall sound isn't too bad either.
IMO you should go to a better brand like Koss or Sennheiser if you want to get your friend some decent cans. I own 3 pairs of SK headphones and they all sound terrible. But, if you insist on getting SK's drop the headphone idea and just get some FMJ's.post #130 of 13711/26/12 at 4:46am
Unfortunately for this sight...most people here are prejudiced toward anything they have never tried. I have a pair of Aviators and I will put them up against any 300US headphones on the market. I have lost money on expensive headphones too often to buy them. I have been a lurker here for months and all the members here are too narrow minded to give anything a chance. I am starting to believe the people here are working with the manufacturers to advertise for their products that in my opinion are way overpriced. Buy what you want and enjoy music. Don't listen to folks on here that are narrow-minded.post #131 of 13711/27/12 at 10:19pmI just won a pair of aviators, and I have put them up to my Senn Hd595s. The aviators lost badly. In fact, they performed so poorly I'm trying to determine if my unit is defective or they just sound this way. As to members on head fi being narrow minded, have you actually read some of the epic reviews members have posted here? Everything from comfort, sound, fit, finish and value have been discussed.
Also, due to the nature of music preference and "sound" preference, it's not unlikely that there will be debate as to how a particular headphone sounds. Unfortunately, skullcandy has a track record of poor quality and funky design over solid sound. If this does change, I'm sure it will be discussed on headfi before anywhere else.post #132 of 13712/21/12 at 9:58amQuote:Originally Posted by swiebeba
I just won a pair of aviators, and I have put them up to my Senn Hd595s. The aviators lost badly. In fact, they performed so poorly I'm trying to determine if my unit is defective or they just sound this way. As to members on head fi being narrow minded, have you actually read some of the epic reviews members have posted here? Everything from comfort, sound, fit, finish and value have been discussed.
Also, due to the nature of music preference and "sound" preference, it's not unlikely that there will be debate as to how a particular headphone sounds. Unfortunately, skullcandy has a track record of poor quality and funky design over solid sound. If this does change, I'm sure it will be discussed on headfi before anywhere else.
The HD595 costs double the price of the Aviator. Besides which, the Aviator doesn't compete against the HD595, it competes against Beats and other "stylish" headphones.
I haven't heard the Aviator, however many describe its sound as good(not great). In the stylish realm though not awful sound is usually good enough for great success.
The Skullcandy Aviator Roc Nation is now $115 on Amazon. While I probably wouldn't buy one, at that price I could see many being interested in it.post #133 of 13712/22/12 at 12:03amYou're comparing a closed headphone to an open one. That's already a fail. If you wanna compare, it should be closed vs closed, open vs open.
Love how people are quick to jump on Skullcandy with improper comparisons.
I may have hated the Lowriders, but I certainly like demoing the Aviators, Mix Masters, and really, really like the Slyr. They are making great strides in making their headphone line legitimate.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/22/12 at 12:10ampost #134 of 13712/22/12 at 9:46am
I have seen reviews of SK headphones improving lately and that with some models they're finally stepping it up some. I still think overall that they, like many other "stylish" brands have terrible/weird/childish designs and focus more on that than on sound quality.
The only one I've tried recently was the Aviators (previously it was some of their $20-30 on-ear and around-ear ones which sounded horrendous, worse than anything else), and they didn't sound bad, but they didn't sound like $115 headphones either. Maybe for $50-75 they would be worth it. Certainly better than most of their previous stuff.
I'll see if I can find the article but I did see where SK was at some audio convention and a few reviewers didn't expect much but were pleasantly surprised by newer models, and I think the SK reps had said something about a change in the way the company is handling their headphones now (more focus on SQ). I'll believe it when I see it, but the Aviators may be a step in that directly, if only they price them better.
Edited by xx0xx - 12/22/12 at 9:48ampost #135 of 13712/22/12 at 9:51am
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tennmak 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-500 Ergonomic Mod 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics USA/Canada Tour - Reviewers Wanted 4 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › Blind Testing (O/T conversation moved from HD600 thread) 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse