Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Wooaudio WA2/WA6SE vs DNA Sonett
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wooaudio WA2/WA6SE vs DNA Sonett

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I bought the Senn HD800 to replace my AKG 701.

My current amp is a modified MF XCAN V3 with PSU.

The sound is good but I want to replace it with a tube amp with more full bodied sound.

I am thinking in various amps...Wooaudio WA2/WA6SE/WA22 or DNA Sonett.

Anyone listen this amps with HD800...which is better ?


Thank you for help.

Nuno
post #2 of 15
Thread Starter 
No one here to help ?

Nuno
post #3 of 15
If you want "full body" sound, blackgate upgrade is a must for Woo Amp.
post #4 of 15
May also want to consider the MAD Ear + . Getting good reviews here.
post #5 of 15
For single-ended, I prefer DNA Sonett to the WA6SE (I've owned both). Sonett to my ears is more refined and musical.
If you want to go balanced, WA22 is probably the way to go.
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
For single-ended, I prefer DNA Sonett to the WA6SE (I've owned both). Sonett to my ears is more refined and musical.
If you want to go balanced, WA22 is probably the way to go.
Sonett can output fully balanced output as well with same price. Also, Equilibrato may also be worthy waiting (but I don't know when it will be available). There is a thread for it. People seem to think the sound is similar to Balancing Act, which I have not spend time reading about it yet due to its price.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
For single-ended, I prefer DNA Sonett to the WA6SE (I've owned both). Sonett to my ears is more refined and musical.
If you want to go balanced, WA22 is probably the way to go.
Did you find the DNA to have enough gain for your senns? its only about 1.2dB.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Did you find the DNA to have enough gain for your senns? its only about 1.2dB.
Gain is around 6dB on the IEC setting and 1dB on the Low setting.
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukja View Post
Sonett can output fully balanced output as well with same price. Also, Equilibrator may also be worthy waiting (but I don't know when it will be available). There is a thread for it. People seem to think the sound is similar to Balancing Act, which I have not spend time reading about it yet due to its price.
Equilibrator?

What is this you are referring? I can't find any reference to this in HF or google.
post #10 of 15
^ Eddie Current Equilibrato : http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/e...ibrato-465835/
post #11 of 15
Thanks for the links. Off to read~..
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Did you find the DNA to have enough gain for your senns? its only about 1.2dB.
I find myself at 4-6/10 on the volume knob for my usual listening (around 70-80 dB) with the Senns. Also, gain is 6 on the high impedance jack.
The gain of 1 on the low impedance jack is also perfect for my Grado HF-2.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
I find myself at 4-6/10 on the volume knob for my usual listening (around 70-80 dB) with the Senns. Also, gain is 6 on the high impedance jack.
The gain of 1 on the low impedance jack is also perfect for my Grado HF-2.
Great thanks for the info.
post #14 of 15

Bump

post #15 of 15

so what did you end up purchasing??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Wooaudio WA2/WA6SE vs DNA Sonett