Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › It's official... iPad!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's official... iPad!! - Page 2

post #16 of 379
At least it's cheaper than an iPhone 3GS

They also announced iRack and iRan (so called Iraq and Iran) lol
YouTube - Apple presents the iRack
post #17 of 379
iBombs are sooo 2009.
post #18 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

And I am very much looking forward to all the Apple haters turning out in this thread. It is always amusing to watch people throw themselves hysterically on the floor over something they don't have to buy. While you're at it, go ahead and have a tantrum over Dell's new tablet and the new Honda Insight. I'm sure there's something "wrong" or "unfair" or "overpriced" about those, too.
Heh, if it's really outstanding, we'll buy. I myself was a big anti-Apple-r, but was totally sold for the iTouch which I consider Apple's best invention in the last 4-5 years.

So far I haven't found anything interesting about the iPad. Lately I feel Apple is running out of ideas. Their new products are mainly the same with last ones, just added some minor details.
post #19 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post
And I am very much looking forward to all the Apple haters turning out in this thread. It is always amusing to watch people throw themselves hysterically on the floor over something they don't have to buy. While you're at it, go ahead and have a tantrum over Dell's new tablet and the new Honda Insight. I'm sure there's something "wrong" or "unfair" or "overpriced" about those, too.

It is hugely unfair that you spend more of your self-entitled tantrum time with Apple. Go ahead and vent at some other companies while you're at it, you'll feel better. Though you might want to avoid the HD-800, because it draws enough tantrums as it is.
I guess the only issue I have is just that it's been far more overhyped and over-reported than dell's tablet and what not. I mean, just look at the electronic blogs like Gizmodo and Engadget. There hasn't been a week where they haven't had an "apple tablet info. leak!!!!!" article. The other products where we can and will dislike do not get the time of day like this device has received.

That's where most of my frustration comes from. It's going to be a while until I can start reading those websites again and not have every 4 posts be about the iPad.

If it's forced infront of everyone, I don't see why people can't voice their dislike for it.
post #20 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by centerfold View Post
I guess the only issue I have is just that it's been far more overhyped and over-reported than dell's tablet and what not. I mean, just look at the electronic blogs like Gizmodo and Engadget. There hasn't been a week where they haven't had an "apple tablet info. leak!!!!!" article. The other products where we can and will dislike do not get the time of day like this device has received.

That's where most of my frustration comes from. It's going to be a while until I can start reading those websites again and not have every 4 posts be about the iPad.

If it's forced infront of everyone, I don't see why people can't voice their dislike for it.
Hype or not....we have to admit that this rumor-based news and 'so-called' leaks is a genius stroke of marketing. I mean its almost free publicity/marketing without even broadcasting a single AD anywhere! Even your pet dog knows about it even before its launched. I wonder how much cash-saving it amounts to.
post #21 of 379
Needs moar SSD
post #22 of 379
Unlimited Data through AT&T for 29.99



Baaaaaaa
post #23 of 379
For me, a huge plus for the iPad will be replacing books and magazines. The desktop and laptop are OK for reading text and the iPhone isn't very good. Something that lets me switch between books, email and Internet would be very useful.

I've got access to a PDF scanner, so I'll probably "rip" a lot of saved magazines, copies, etc. and put them onto the tablet. That would clear out several bookshelves for me. Everything would be easier to find, too. If it ends up a good book reader (and it certainly seems designed for that) then I'll probably move a lot of my collection and library to it.

The point is to do to text what the iPod did to music. I can also see considerable use for replacing textbooks. Printing and distribution costs for magazine and newspapers are high - digital delivery could make them competetive again. There just hasn't been a good working model for digital delivery of text from a storefront. Amazon is OK, but I think this will change things.

Also, I think this is going to be more popular with older consumers. I'd wager that a lotmof people here don't really remember a time before the Internet. They probably have never made coffee and eggs, then spread out the Sunday paper on the living room floor for a morning of getting black smudges on your fingertips. I'm 37 and remember what life was like before everything was instantly available from a five pound computer in your lap.

There are a lot of other people who still like newspapers, magazines and books better than skimming over websites to find what's useful. My parents (they're 67) still take the Sunday paper to a local restaurant for breakfast and to pick through it for a few hours.

The iPad should be popular with this crowd. Actually, my mother found out what the Kindle was a couple months ago and really wanted one. I told her to hold off because Apple has something in the pipeline. She will probably get one for her birthday in March. By the way, she does not want a laptop. But a tablet where she can have her books, magazines and newspaper will be a big hit. If she can put all of her vacation and grandkid photos on it to show to others, it will be an even bigger hit.

Not all products are designed for a 22 year old gamer who must have the fastest chips at the lowest price and the most features. Put another 20 years on that kid and he probably won't give a rip about that stuff. There's a market for them, too.
post #24 of 379
Dumbed down netbook-meets-nook. You have to pay $830 for one that can actually be productive? Woohoo.
post #25 of 379
Cool looking tablet. Does not look like enough for me to switch from my Touch and Kindle 2 though.

I was really ready for them to release the pad running iphone apps and mac apps.

Better pricing than I was expecting though, I guess the economy has put the dampers on a lot of different things, especially fluff items like this.

Don't get me wrong, if I did not have a Touch, Kindle 2, and Android I would be looking closely and plotting.

As it stands, I will probable wait for the next MacBookAir refresh.
post #26 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpk View Post
Dumbed down netbook-meets-nook. You have to pay $830 for one that can actually be productive? Woohoo.
Huh? You can get the 16gb model with 3G for $629 or the non 3G for $499? And all the 3G version is... 3G? There are no features (known) to be removed from the non-3G models other than presumably the radio. I think the battery life and software are somewhat disappointing, but what exactly is your complaint?
post #27 of 379
This thing is sweet. I'm sold.
post #28 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesasone View Post
Huh? You can get the 16gb model with 3G for $629? And all the 3G version is... 3G? There are no features (known) to be removed from the non-3G models other than presumably the radio. I think the battery life and software are somewhat disappointing, but what exactly is your complaint?
Insufficient storage space for a non-pocketable device. Overpriced data plans. I have plenty of other problems with the device but those are the ones related to my initial post.
post #29 of 379
64 GB isn't enough? I mean an SSD option would be have great, but really...
post #30 of 379
they've taken a netbook and crippled it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › It's official... iPad!!