or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Best "mastered" albums of the decade?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best "mastered" albums of the decade? - Page 8

post #106 of 235

Just want to add one to the list...

 

The mastering on "Sensuous" by Japanese artist Cornelius is one of my newer faves. Great songs and production as well (his other albums are great too, ranging from quiet synth stuff to art metal). A highly enjoyable listen.

post #107 of 235

Metallica - Death Magnetic (Guitar Hero III):

lars_waveform.gif

post #108 of 235

from where can I download the Guitar Hero version?

post #109 of 235

Take a guess..

 

In the meantime you could sign the petition:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/re-mix-or-remaster-death-magnetic.html

post #110 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachikara View Post

from where can I download the Guitar Hero version?


Don't get too excited. Although it's not brickwalled and does sound better than the retail CD, it's still a sonic turd.

post #111 of 235



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post




Don't get too excited. Although it's not brickwalled and does sound better than the retail CD, it's still a sonic turd.


hahaha this makes me wonder what a sonic turd might look like
 

post #112 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post



 


hahaha this makes me wonder what a sonic turd might look like
 

You really never know until you listen. Some waveforms might be fully brickwalled - just a solid block all the way through - and sound decent - one of Sheryl Crow's albums comes to mind but I can't remember the title. Others look very dynamic and sound like crap - like GH III Death Magnetic. It all depends on the production quality and mastering quality.
 

post #113 of 235

I think the Hush Sound and Vampire Weekend have fairly well-mastered albums. They're not the best they could be, of course, but relatively speaking I think it's pretty good. Just thought I'd chime in.

post #114 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post



 


hahaha this makes me wonder what a sonic turd might look like
 


Lars+Ulrich.jpg

 

When you flush them they tend to stain the bowl. The result:

deathmme4.jpg

post #115 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn View Post




When you flush them they tend to stain the bowl. The result:

deathmme4.jpg


LOL!

post #116 of 235

I am listening to a recent double-LP pressing of Radiohead's OK Computer and it seems cleanly mastered with good-quality vinyl.

post #117 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

I am listening to a recent double-LP pressing of Radiohead's OK Computer and it seems cleanly mastered with good-quality vinyl.

I have that as well. Ron McMaster did a great job with those Radiohead LP's!
 

post #118 of 235

I am quite a newb in the Hi-Fi and high quality recordings, but I find Pain of Salvation's "12:5" to be particularily enthralling especially considering its a live album...

 

Anyone agree with me? ( I'm curious to know if I can spot a good quality recording lol)

post #119 of 235
now if i told you this was a track from a metal album released in 2010 would you believe me?

Screenshot-07ABannerDrenchedInBlood1.png
post #120 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post

now if i told you this was a track from a metal album released in 2010 would you believe me?

Screenshot-07ABannerDrenchedInBlood1.png


maybe... what cd is it???????

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Best "mastered" albums of the decade?