Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Audio Heaven – Jerry Harvey Audio’s JH13
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Audio Heaven – Jerry Harvey Audio’s JH13 - Page 2

post #16 of 46
Nice review there. I can't wait to save up for a pair!
post #17 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRemonster View Post
Think of how much better the JH16s would be compared to the JH13s. Wow.
No offense meant but that is plain silly. If you read sufficiently on here regarding the JH 13's you will see that Jerry Harvey has stated categorically that the 13's are designed for a listening to music. The 16's for stage monitoring.
post #18 of 46
So you're in England mate but you went direct to Jerry Harvey, yes? Not via Handheld Audio?

The comment that there was no surcharge on the import interested me - was it marked as a gift?
post #19 of 46
Oh, and thanks for a nice review.
post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyGCSE View Post
save yourself the money and get some RX700's...I just heard the f-word at the beginning on the very best. but..its true the JH13's highlight detail in so many songs I've never heard before then when I listen with lesser phones I'm like oooh yea!

edit: and if you wanna listen carefully its through the left channel
Just tested this with a couple of my phones for the heck of it (320kbps source material straight from my netbook). At a very high volume it's audible even with my Earpollution Flow earbuds, but to hear it at listening volume I had to go all the way up to the Cyclone PR1 Pro. Still not a very pricy earphone in the grand scheme of things. The AKG K181Dj catches it too.
post #21 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by royhendo View Post
So you're in England mate but you went direct to Jerry Harvey, yes? Not via Handheld Audio?

The comment that there was no surcharge on the import interested me - was it marked as a gift?
Yeah, directly ordered them on their web page. They didn't mark it as a gift, but as a "Sample Earphone"

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
Just tested this with a couple of my phones for the heck of it (320kbps source material straight from my netbook). At a very high volume it's audible even with my Earpollution Flow earbuds, but to hear it at listening volume I had to go all the way up to the Cyclone PR1 Pro. Still not a very pricy earphone in the grand scheme of things. The AKG K181Dj catches it too.
Yeah, its easily audible at high volumes. I listen to my JH13s normally at about 15% Volume and it is highly noticeable.
post #22 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
Just tested this with a couple of my phones for the heck of it (320kbps source material straight from my netbook). At a very high volume it's audible even with my Earpollution Flow earbuds, but to hear it at listening volume I had to go all the way up to the Cyclone PR1 Pro. Still not a very pricy earphone in the grand scheme of things. The AKG K181Dj catches it too.
Yeah, I just got the recording. I could hear it fine through RE0 and e-Q7 at volumes of around 70-80 db I am guessing, maybe less cause I am used to listening at really low volumes. At lower volumes, the f part of the word becomes inaudible though. That K181 DJ is pretty detailed BTW.

My guess is that with JH13 Pro, those details just become more realistic because of increased separation and depth to the sound and also more accurate imaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebhuber View Post
Yeah, its easily audible at high volumes. I listen to my JH13s normally at about 15% Volume and it is highly noticeable.
What is your source? For me "high volume" for example means about 2% on my Audigy 2 ZS with kX Project drivers or about 70% on Sansa Clip with my 64 Ohm RE0.
post #23 of 46
Thread Starter 


Straight out of my upgraded sound card, as stated in the review.

Edit: Might be the drivers of the Sound Card but when I get to about half of the slider it gets very loud. I cannot listen to the JH13s at 100% , they would shatter my eardrums.
post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by royhendo View Post
So you're in England mate but you went direct to Jerry Harvey, yes? Not via Handheld Audio?

The comment that there was no surcharge on the import interested me - was it marked as a gift?
May I ask where you saw Handheld Audio selling the JH13's? I can't seem to find it on their site?
post #25 of 46
Great review and congrats on your new purchase.

Just to confirm I also hear the aforementioned swear sound out of my IEMs - its coming out of the right side of my IEMs though. For those of you with Spotify accounts this is the direct link to it:

Spotify: Fleetwood Mac - The Chain - Remastered LP V..
post #26 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post
No offense meant but that is plain silly. If you read sufficiently on here regarding the JH 13's you will see that Jerry Harvey has stated categorically that the 13's are designed for a listening to music. The 16's for stage monitoring.
Just ignore this junior Head-Fier who has been blatantly baiting in the JH16 PRO thread. The moderator was all over him/her like a rash. It was the highlight of the thread for mine.
post #27 of 46
JH13s...bang for the buck, or buck for the bang? Both, I guess.
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebhuber View Post
Yeah, directly ordered them on their web page. They didn't mark it as a gift, but as a "Sample Earphone"
That's excellent actually - maybe completely changes things for me in fact... hmmm... thanks for the info mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechungster View Post
May I ask where you saw Handheld Audio selling the JH13's? I can't seem to find it on their site?
They're not on the site mate - I emailed them directly and senor TimmyGCSE ordered his through Handheld.
post #29 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by royhendo View Post
That's excellent actually - maybe completely changes things for me in fact... hmmm... thanks for the info mate.



They're not on the site mate - I emailed them directly and senor TimmyGCSE ordered his through Handheld.
Oh I see. Might have to go through them as well when I manage to get the opportunity in buying them. Did you have to pay TAX and were communications with them good?
post #30 of 46
Thread Starter 
Today, I received the uDac by NuForce. It pairs extremely well. I will probably write a follow-up on the review within the next view days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Audio Heaven – Jerry Harvey Audio’s JH13