- 4,592 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Beyerdynamicland, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productPhenix G3-T7tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K 702, sennheiser HD 600, Beyerdynamic DT 880 [Review] Last post on 8/2/13 at 11:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Went from AKG K702 to HD650 but would HD600 be better? Last post on 9/7/12 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Mini Review: PHENIX G3 - Page 3post #31 of 422/4/10 at 11:04pmThread StarterI could probably fit a new jack for you at no charge, but I don't know anything about how a volume POT is put in. Hrm I'll look into it for you.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 422/6/10 at 6:39ampost #33 of 422/7/10 at 12:00ampost #34 of 422/7/10 at 12:16amThread Starterpost #35 of 422/8/10 at 8:58pmHow do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #36 of 422/9/10 at 12:52amThread Starterpost #37 of 422/9/10 at 1:01amQuote:How do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #38 of 422/9/10 at 2:13amYes, I had the same thought. Was just thinking about setting aside some money right now for an amp while at the same time looking towards the future. Hopefully I might pick up an HD555 (which i don't know would be much better) or an AKG K701 (less likely).post #39 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #40 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #41 of 423/21/11 at 11:17pmpost #42 of 426/15/11 at 11:39am
Just picked up the G3-T7 out of curiosity. Right now it's driving the HD201 (with nominal impedance rating of 24 ohms) and doing a good job. The tubes it has now (an EH 12AT7 and a couple of Chinese 6N11) will soon be replaced.
- Mini Review: PHENIX G3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
Currently, there are 2836 Active Users (513 Members and 2323 Guests)
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 19 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Lightning port headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › X3 2nd Gen database 4 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...