- 4,628 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Beyerdynamicland, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productPhenix G3-T7tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K 702, sennheiser HD 600, Beyerdynamic DT 880 [Review] Last post on 8/2/13 at 11:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Went from AKG K702 to HD650 but would HD600 be better? Last post on 9/7/12 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Mini Review: PHENIX G3 - Page 3post #31 of 422/4/10 at 11:04pmThread StarterI could probably fit a new jack for you at no charge, but I don't know anything about how a volume POT is put in. Hrm I'll look into it for you.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 422/6/10 at 6:39ampost #33 of 422/7/10 at 12:00ampost #34 of 422/7/10 at 12:16amThread Starterpost #35 of 422/8/10 at 8:58pmHow do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #36 of 422/9/10 at 12:52amThread Starterpost #37 of 422/9/10 at 1:01amQuote:How do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #38 of 422/9/10 at 2:13amYes, I had the same thought. Was just thinking about setting aside some money right now for an amp while at the same time looking towards the future. Hopefully I might pick up an HD555 (which i don't know would be much better) or an AKG K701 (less likely).post #39 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #40 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #41 of 423/21/11 at 11:17pmpost #42 of 426/15/11 at 11:39am
Just picked up the G3-T7 out of curiosity. Right now it's driving the HD201 (with nominal impedance rating of 24 ohms) and doing a good job. The tubes it has now (an EH 12AT7 and a couple of Chinese 6N11) will soon be replaced.
- Mini Review: PHENIX G3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Currently, there are 3511 Active Users (578 Members and 2933 Guests)
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Gustard u12 question(s) 4 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear