- 4,591 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Beyerdynamicland, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productPhenix G3-T7tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K 702, sennheiser HD 600, Beyerdynamic DT 880 [Review] Last post on 8/2/13 at 11:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Went from AKG K702 to HD650 but would HD600 be better? Last post on 9/7/12 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Mini Review: PHENIX G3 - Page 3post #31 of 422/4/10 at 11:04pmThread StarterI could probably fit a new jack for you at no charge, but I don't know anything about how a volume POT is put in. Hrm I'll look into it for you.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 422/6/10 at 6:39ampost #33 of 422/7/10 at 12:00ampost #34 of 422/7/10 at 12:16amThread Starterpost #35 of 422/8/10 at 8:58pmHow do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #36 of 422/9/10 at 12:52amThread Starterpost #37 of 422/9/10 at 1:01amQuote:How do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #38 of 422/9/10 at 2:13amYes, I had the same thought. Was just thinking about setting aside some money right now for an amp while at the same time looking towards the future. Hopefully I might pick up an HD555 (which i don't know would be much better) or an AKG K701 (less likely).post #39 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #40 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #41 of 423/21/11 at 11:17pmpost #42 of 426/15/11 at 11:39am
Just picked up the G3-T7 out of curiosity. Right now it's driving the HD201 (with nominal impedance rating of 24 ohms) and doing a good job. The tubes it has now (an EH 12AT7 and a couple of Chinese 6N11) will soon be replaced.
- Mini Review: PHENIX G3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
Currently, there are 3871 Active Users (687 Members and 3184 Guests)
- › THE BHSE DEPRESSED AWAITING DELIVERY THREAD 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Cardas A8 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze's 2016 revamp, re-voiced and re-engineered headphones, the... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII USB DAC Headphone Amp Portable Amplifier... 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric V820 DAC - Preliminary Info 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse