- 4,592 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Beyerdynamicland, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productPhenix G3-T7tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K 702, sennheiser HD 600, Beyerdynamic DT 880 [Review] Last post on 8/2/13 at 11:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Went from AKG K702 to HD650 but would HD600 be better? Last post on 9/7/12 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
The FiiO A1 is a nice addition to a smartphone setup.It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. it doesn't extend very well and bass and treble is left...
Mini Review: PHENIX G3 - Page 3post #31 of 422/4/10 at 11:04pmThread StarterI could probably fit a new jack for you at no charge, but I don't know anything about how a volume POT is put in. Hrm I'll look into it for you.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 422/6/10 at 6:39ampost #33 of 422/7/10 at 12:00ampost #34 of 422/7/10 at 12:16amThread Starterpost #35 of 422/8/10 at 8:58pmHow do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #36 of 422/9/10 at 12:52amThread Starterpost #37 of 422/9/10 at 1:01amQuote:How do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #38 of 422/9/10 at 2:13amYes, I had the same thought. Was just thinking about setting aside some money right now for an amp while at the same time looking towards the future. Hopefully I might pick up an HD555 (which i don't know would be much better) or an AKG K701 (less likely).post #39 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #40 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #41 of 423/21/11 at 11:17pmpost #42 of 426/15/11 at 11:39am
Just picked up the G3-T7 out of curiosity. Right now it's driving the HD201 (with nominal impedance rating of 24 ohms) and doing a good job. The tubes it has now (an EH 12AT7 and a couple of Chinese 6N11) will soon be replaced.
- Mini Review: PHENIX G3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
Currently, there are 4051 Active Users (689 Members and 3362 Guests)
- › Music Game IX 29 seconds ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 31 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Reference 10 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 4 minutes ago
- › panasonic SL-CT820 vs sony D-NE20 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...