- 4,591 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Beyerdynamicland, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKoss UR40 Collapsible Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productPhenix G3-T7tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K 702, sennheiser HD 600, Beyerdynamic DT 880 [Review] Last post on 8/2/13 at 11:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Went from AKG K702 to HD650 but would HD600 be better? Last post on 9/7/12 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Mini Review: PHENIX G3 - Page 3post #31 of 422/4/10 at 11:04pmThread StarterI could probably fit a new jack for you at no charge, but I don't know anything about how a volume POT is put in. Hrm I'll look into it for you.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 422/6/10 at 6:39ampost #33 of 422/7/10 at 12:00ampost #34 of 422/7/10 at 12:16amThread Starterpost #35 of 422/8/10 at 8:58pmHow do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #36 of 422/9/10 at 12:52amThread Starterpost #37 of 422/9/10 at 1:01amQuote:How do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?post #38 of 422/9/10 at 2:13amYes, I had the same thought. Was just thinking about setting aside some money right now for an amp while at the same time looking towards the future. Hopefully I might pick up an HD555 (which i don't know would be much better) or an AKG K701 (less likely).post #39 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #40 of 421/11/11 at 1:20ampost #41 of 423/21/11 at 11:17pmpost #42 of 426/15/11 at 11:39am
Just picked up the G3-T7 out of curiosity. Right now it's driving the HD201 (with nominal impedance rating of 24 ohms) and doing a good job. The tubes it has now (an EH 12AT7 and a couple of Chinese 6N11) will soon be replaced.
- Mini Review: PHENIX G3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
Currently, there are 3406 Active Users (674 Members and 2732 Guests)
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 11 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 12 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 30 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 48 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...