Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Tax Returns...what will you blow yours on?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tax Returns...what will you blow yours on? - Page 4

post #46 of 58
Ah, good point. Yeah, if I was in your situation financially i'd probably be getting toys too
post #47 of 58
This year it will be close, if I do get any money it will go toward paying my homeowners and hurricane insurance. It sucks but ...
post #48 of 58
trying not to overpay - so I don't get a refund (or do you want to make an interest-free loan to your government?)
post #49 of 58
I don't see it as an interest free loan to the Govt.. (not that I mind that, being civic minded and all..) but a secure change jar I can't raid till January.. That way I get a nice lump sum rather than pocket change I'd probably waste on junk. I just hate the idea of having to come up with a large chunk of cash, and not knowing how much I'll need to set aside. I cuirrently earn enough to not be that bothered by a few dollars a week overpayment, and it's nice to get it back every year. No worries, no stress.
post #50 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiglester View Post
I don't see it as an interest free loan to the Govt.. (not that I mind that, being civic minded and all..) but a secure change jar I can't raid till January.. That way I get a nice lump sum rather than pocket change I'd probably waste on junk. I just hate the idea of having to come up with a large chunk of cash, and not knowing how much I'll need to set aside. I cuirrently earn enough to not be that bothered by a few dollars a week overpayment, and it's nice to get it back every year. No worries, no stress.
thats how i feel, its more of a impenetrable savings account i might even change my claim back to 0 this year, instead of 1, so that my return will be bigger haha
post #51 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post
thats how i feel, its more of a impenetrable savings account i might even change my claim back to 0 this year, instead of 1, so that my return will be bigger haha
Ohhh...good idea!
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sduibek View Post
This thread title represents something very wrong with how we see money and possessions in the USA. My refund is going into savings, Stocks or a CD.
This is silly. I put money into my savings and 401k during the course of the year, and while it wouldn't hurt to put more into savings I think I'm doing fine thank you. At 24 I have my finances in about as good of order as you could expect, I think I'm perfectly entitled to spend my tax return on toys if I choose. I understand your point of view, but the idea that all Americans are completely reckless with their finances is rather cliche.

As for my return - well, I am expecting it to be in the range of 1400-1700 hundred (I think the 1700 estimate includes the tax credit which showed up in my paycheck), whenever my W2 actually shows up. I have a list of things I would like for a transportable (as opposed to strictly portable/pocketable) full-sized headphone rig:

Sennheiser HD600
AKG K701
iBasso fi.Quest
Supplies for completing my diyMod.

But we'll see. I may just toss it in savings instead. The past few years I've had to pay into a little to the state, which always irritates me, so I'm not sure exactly how much I will be getting back.
post #53 of 58
Mother Nature decided I should spend mine on waterproofing my basement. Apparently the very cold December/January opened up some cracks in my foundation which the gullywasher of a storm we had today exploited
post #54 of 58
I'm going to use mine to pay off all my debt. And if I have some left over, I'll hit the bar so I can celebrate being out of debt haha. =)

-Chris-
post #55 of 58
I don't think mine will be blown on anything. It will be when I think of something though. Who knows?
post #56 of 58
Quote:
I just hate the idea of having to come up with a large chunk of cash, and not knowing how much I'll need to set aside.
It's pretty easy to run the numbers assuming you are just an employee without complicated investments.
post #57 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealric View Post
It's pretty easy to run the numbers assuming you are just an employee without complicated investments.
If you're single maybe.. but joint returns? not so much. I say why go to the effort? I live well within my means so I don't miss the cash month to month.. ( I just paid off my car 15 months early, no debt but mortgage now!) and it's always nice to get money back at the end of the year. Plus no danger of messing up and getting a penalty. Seeing as I'd pay any excess I have month to month into my savings account, the interest I'd earn is somewhere in the region of $10 a year.. Not a big deal.
post #58 of 58
i think i should be gettin some back... probably a ld mkiii
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Tax Returns...what will you blow yours on?