New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 12

post #166 of 1518
Good point

Geeze, when I was upgrading from my SF5 pro's about two months ago, I was considering the CK10 which I could afford for the same price as IE8, and had to make a choice. But at the time, there was almost no single review here for the CK10 and head-fiers were raving about IE8's qualities. I was a little scared about IE8's bass, and really wanted to try the Audio Technica. However, I thought that IE8 would be a safer bet
Today, I really like my IE8, and my "bass fear" is definately gone (thanks to some equalizing, I admit^^). However, I have another problem, which I did not expect: lack of isolation! And if I went the Ck10 route, I wouldn't have had it :'(
Hum, now thanks to all of you, I am considering buying those CK10, just to see which one I prefer...AAAHH! My wallet hates me!!And you, too!
post #167 of 1518
but im sure your ears will love you later ;p
post #168 of 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
Just a double check. You are trading for the CK10, right, not the CK100?
Yep, CK10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
There is way too much pre-purchase thinking going on in many cases. Just try them and if they don't match your expectations, sell them. It works.
Good point.
post #169 of 1518
I really hope they are what you seek, because if you hear them as I hear them (and others too), you will be a happy camper. Of course, we all know that often doesn't turn out to be the case. But my "good energy" is with you on this one should you pull the trigger.
post #170 of 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photofan1986 View Post
Good point

Geeze, when I was upgrading from my SF5 pro's about two months ago, I was considering the CK10 which I could afford for the same price as IE8, and had to make a choice. But at the time, there was almost no single review here for the CK10 and head-fiers were raving about IE8's qualities. I was a little scared about IE8's bass, and really wanted to try the Audio Technica. However, I thought that IE8 would be a safer bet
Today, I really like my IE8, and my "bass fear" is definately gone (thanks to some equalizing, I admit^^). However, I have another problem, which I did not expect: lack of isolation! And if I went the Ck10 route, I wouldn't have had it :'(
Hum, now thanks to all of you, I am considering buying those CK10, just to see which one I prefer...AAAHH! My wallet hates me!!And you, too!
Funny you should mention that. I too fell into the IE8 buying jones, got them, liked them okay, but never could get a good isolation situation with them. Then, when I listened to them next to the Westone 3s, I really liked the sparkle and dynamic sound of the W3s more, so I sold the IE8s. I had gotten the IE8s on that great NCIX deal, $224, so nothing lost. But again, I felt the iso was just not there for me with them. And as you say, that's not the case at all with the CK10s and tri-flanges (my tip of choice).

Sorry bout your wallet.
post #171 of 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
but im sure your ears will love you later ;p
nice you bought the ck 10s!

I have set my mind to stop my earphone journeys after my tf 10 purchase but these reviews of ck 10 and some others of ortofon is tempting me so much to get them! Maybe i should sell the tf 10 when i have a chance and get either of the 2 above D:
post #172 of 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
Sorry bout your wallet.
I am actually quite greatful to head-fi, as I abhor the bulge of mywallet when I sit down and the excessive weight of my money on my behind. Head-fi has allowed me to make my wallet lighter, and my sitting experience more comfortable than ever.

Thank you head-fi!!!
post #173 of 1518
@napilopez: maybe if you had 2 wallets, then you could finally achieve buttock equilibrium.
post #174 of 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeFFz View Post
nice you bought the ck 10s!

I have set my mind to stop my earphone journeys after my tf 10 purchase but these reviews of ck 10 and some others of ortofon is tempting me so much to get them! Maybe i should sell the tf 10 when i have a chance and get either of the 2 above D:
they're supposed to come on friday. ill be able to get some impressions on them that day. that should be a pretty nice day if i dont miss the ups delivery. got my new dap coming in as well.
post #175 of 1518
Don't forget, if the OEM tips don't work, the Shure tri-flanges ($14 for 3 pair on Amazon) are sure-fire winners. I might even try them with the top flange removed, just for kicks (I have 4 pair on hand).
post #176 of 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
Hi Pianist, just a word of caution - here's what shigzeo wrote in his review of the CK100:


I have not heard the CK10, but I have the e-Q7 and CK100. And I'd never trade the e-Q7 for a CK100. Just my opinion.
I know what you mean. I have the e-Q7 too and tried out steviebee's CK100, and I agree that I'd also never trade the eQ7 for the CK100. From what I gathered, Shigzeo preferred the CK100 to the CK10, so that's quite helpful because I can convince myself not to buy them even though they're on sale in the UK
post #177 of 1518
Shigzeo did admit that he does not consider the CK100 an upgrade from the CK10 but a different sound signature altogether. I think liking the Ck100 was more a matter of preference with him.
post #178 of 1518
Good that you straightened that out. I also recall Shigzeo posting that the CK10s were (and I am paraphrasing here) the best universal IEMs he had ever owned/heard. Pretty powerful from a guy who has tried many, many IEMs. I could be wrong, and he could have said the best BA universals he had every heard/owned. Not sure. But he did recently post that he was very sad that he sold his pair and wished he had them back.

Besides, this thread is not about the CK100, but the CK10.
post #179 of 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
Good that you straightened that out. I also recall Shigzeo posting that the CK10s were (and I am paraphrasing here) the best universal IEMs he had ever owned/heard. Pretty powerful from a guy who has tried many, many IEMs. I could be wrong, and he could have said the best BA universals he had every heard/owned. Not sure. But he did recently post that he was very sad that he sold his pair and wished he had them back.

Besides, this thread is not about the CK100, but the CK10.
Yes, I recall he rated the CK 100 very high on build quality, which he preferred over the CK 10, but he did say the CK 10 was more neutral (which to me is a good thing).
post #180 of 1518
Yes, I am considering a second pair, just in case they stop making them. Seriously. I don't think there is a better deal out there in IEMs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: