- 100 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 3/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First IEMs - AT Lover - IEM Hater Last post on 1/9/11 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK10 replacement filters? Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full sized (or portable) that'll give me CK10 sound? Last post on 8/3/10 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 5/14/15 at 2:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
First off, let me say now that I am not an audiophile. I am a fan of audiophiles though and I learn a lot from you guys. I'm more of a budget-audio-enthusiast and I'd like to keep it that way. Some...
Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 94post #1396 of 155712/23/12 at 12:51amAnyone else willing to sell their CK10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1397 of 155712/23/12 at 1:43ampost #1398 of 155712/27/12 at 6:21pmpost #1399 of 155712/27/12 at 9:07pmpost #1400 of 155712/27/12 at 9:28pmpost #1401 of 155712/30/12 at 9:14am
I do that every single day and it sounded okay.
The thing is that the CK10 is quite flat and revealing. So it will reveal the so-so SQ of the iPhone. Some smartphones with higher quality DAC do fare better, respectively.post #1402 of 15571/6/13 at 9:03am
As my quest for finding CK10 substitution continues..
Now I've demo-ed the Heir 4.Ai briefly, unamped, directly out-of-phone. And I came out surprisingly disappointed.
To my ears, the 4.AI's were little warmer, more bass, but with the kinda splashy highs which not match the other parts of spectrum as the rest were rather warm.
Simply put, they don't sound as balanced-out as the CK10's.
Moreover, I think I could hear the driver phase really well with these.
Don't get me wrong, the Heir 4.Ai is great for what it is, but it's simply not what I'm looking for.
If being an IEM is not a requirement of my CK10 substitution, I'd choose K550 or AD900.
As far as my findings go, SQ-wise, those 'phones have the closest sound resemble of the CK10 despite being another kind of headphones.
...Or maybe I'm just being too addicted to A-T's house sound :\post #1403 of 15571/6/13 at 8:36pm
tzar 350 (or whatever it is) from heir is pretty close to the ck10 sound sig apparently. i was a little off with the 4ai recommendation. haha. i read a (fair) bit more about it and came to the realization that they were warm sounding.post #1404 of 15571/12/13 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by W1CKED
So.. now I got to baby my CK10 like crazy since they're fantastic I just wanna keep them forever :\
Maybe I should just shelf them, keep them as they are and move on.
Now, which one of these would you choose to substitute the CK10?
- PFE 232
- j-phonic K2 SP
- Heir 4.A (also Ai)
- Or any other ideas?
Tzar 90post #1405 of 15571/24/13 at 1:22pm
Check out my CK10, specially modded with an L-shaped jack kindly provided by Dennis over at EACE
I bought this second hand pair 4 months ago after being intrigued by AudioDwebe and lJokerl's reviews and I'm glad I did so thanks guys!. The clarity and detail from these tiny things is simply amazing. The only drawback is that the bass is much too weak for my liking but I compensate by bumping 3 notches on the Sony bass boost. I wont bang on about the SQ as more than enough has been said on this post already, I'll just say that these gems have breathed new life into the space between my ears. Suffice to say that I want to be enjoying them for years to come.
Sadly I broke the unit in the picture above after falling asleep with them in and pulling on the cable at one of the earpieces - pretty heartbreaking considering the time I went through to have them modded. In a mammoth effort to source a back-up I had originally contacted all the Japanese dealers that have advertised through Amazon and other online stores but they all confirmed that they no longer have them in stock and are currently unable source new units. After a few weeks of fruitless emailing, I finally discovered 3 brand new units, sold by a licensed Audio Technia distributor in Europe - Lorenzia at Audio Technica Europe was kind enough to check all the distributors for me. To her knowledge, these are the last units available in Europe.
I will obviously be keeping one of them and possibly two if I can't get my original pair fixed properly.
They will cost me €238 each and I've to incur a €90 UPS shipping charge (sadly they will only ship UPS). Thus, if I sell one of them here, I will want to recoup my shipping charge so I'll sell it for €320 (this equals the current price quoted in Japan, even though they dont actually have any units to sell!). If my original pair are fixable then I'll sell two of the new ones and the cost will come down - maybe €290 each. Obviously they will be boxed and have receipts.
I'm just putting the feelers out on this right now. I should receive the new pairs within 7 days and have word on my broken set in 10 days. So in 10 days I will know how many I want to sell and at what price.post #1406 of 15571/24/13 at 2:09pmpost #1407 of 15571/25/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
They have good punchy bass if you have a good seal, I like the Sony Hybrid tips.post #1408 of 15571/26/13 at 4:24ampost #1409 of 15571/26/13 at 5:37ampost #1410 of 15571/26/13 at 8:20amQuote:
I use trimmed Shure tri-flanges as recommended earlier in this post. They insert very deep, give great isolation and provide punchy bass, which is still a little thin for my liking. I really need the Sony Clear bass to compensate here. Otherwise, these headphones are amazing.
Many times during work I will catch myself singing out loud or furiously toe tapping along to a song - as mentioned by Audiodwebe at the beginning of this post, the music can reach out and pull you in with these phones. I've had another IEM that came close - Sleek Audio's SA6. With the SA6 I'd have times where the music would sound so perfect that I'd burst into an uncontrollable smile, no matter where I happened to be. With the CK10s this is more intense - the music will have sucked me in long before I'm even aware of it, which can be a little embarrassing if you burst into song in the middle of your job! I feel like I'm being introduced to my music collection all over again with these beauties and cannot wait to get my hands on a fresh pair.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 36 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50's little bass. 40 seconds ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 1 minute ago
- › the most incredibly stupid lyrics you've ever heard 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iDAC2. Calling 5 Head-Fi'ers. A litte surprise. (page 37) 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Mid-fi cans well suited for classical music and good mids/trebel... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Nouske NH-14 Hybrid 2-Way Balanced Armature + Dynamic Driver In-Ear... by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2