- 98 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 3/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First IEMs - AT Lover - IEM Hater Last post on 1/9/11 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK10 replacement filters? Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full sized (or portable) that'll give me CK10 sound? Last post on 8/3/10 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 2/2/14 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 94post #1396 of 147112/23/12 at 12:51amAnyone else willing to sell their CK10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1397 of 147112/23/12 at 1:43ampost #1398 of 147112/27/12 at 6:21pmpost #1399 of 147112/27/12 at 9:07pmpost #1400 of 147112/27/12 at 9:28pmpost #1401 of 147112/30/12 at 9:14am
I do that every single day and it sounded okay.
The thing is that the CK10 is quite flat and revealing. So it will reveal the so-so SQ of the iPhone. Some smartphones with higher quality DAC do fare better, respectively.post #1402 of 14711/6/13 at 9:03am
As my quest for finding CK10 substitution continues..
Now I've demo-ed the Heir 4.Ai briefly, unamped, directly out-of-phone. And I came out surprisingly disappointed.
To my ears, the 4.AI's were little warmer, more bass, but with the kinda splashy highs which not match the other parts of spectrum as the rest were rather warm.
Simply put, they don't sound as balanced-out as the CK10's.
Moreover, I think I could hear the driver phase really well with these.
Don't get me wrong, the Heir 4.Ai is great for what it is, but it's simply not what I'm looking for.
If being an IEM is not a requirement of my CK10 substitution, I'd choose K550 or AD900.
As far as my findings go, SQ-wise, those 'phones have the closest sound resemble of the CK10 despite being another kind of headphones.
...Or maybe I'm just being too addicted to A-T's house sound :\post #1403 of 14711/6/13 at 8:36pm
tzar 350 (or whatever it is) from heir is pretty close to the ck10 sound sig apparently. i was a little off with the 4ai recommendation. haha. i read a (fair) bit more about it and came to the realization that they were warm sounding.post #1404 of 14711/12/13 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by W1CKED
So.. now I got to baby my CK10 like crazy since they're fantastic I just wanna keep them forever :\
Maybe I should just shelf them, keep them as they are and move on.
Now, which one of these would you choose to substitute the CK10?
- PFE 232
- j-phonic K2 SP
- Heir 4.A (also Ai)
- Or any other ideas?
Tzar 90post #1405 of 14711/24/13 at 1:22pm
Check out my CK10, specially modded with an L-shaped jack kindly provided by Dennis over at EACE
I bought this second hand pair 4 months ago after being intrigued by AudioDwebe and lJokerl's reviews and I'm glad I did so thanks guys!. The clarity and detail from these tiny things is simply amazing. The only drawback is that the bass is much too weak for my liking but I compensate by bumping 3 notches on the Sony bass boost. I wont bang on about the SQ as more than enough has been said on this post already, I'll just say that these gems have breathed new life into the space between my ears. Suffice to say that I want to be enjoying them for years to come.
Sadly I broke the unit in the picture above after falling asleep with them in and pulling on the cable at one of the earpieces - pretty heartbreaking considering the time I went through to have them modded. In a mammoth effort to source a back-up I had originally contacted all the Japanese dealers that have advertised through Amazon and other online stores but they all confirmed that they no longer have them in stock and are currently unable source new units. After a few weeks of fruitless emailing, I finally discovered 3 brand new units, sold by a licensed Audio Technia distributor in Europe - Lorenzia at Audio Technica Europe was kind enough to check all the distributors for me. To her knowledge, these are the last units available in Europe.
I will obviously be keeping one of them and possibly two if I can't get my original pair fixed properly.
They will cost me €238 each and I've to incur a €90 UPS shipping charge (sadly they will only ship UPS). Thus, if I sell one of them here, I will want to recoup my shipping charge so I'll sell it for €320 (this equals the current price quoted in Japan, even though they dont actually have any units to sell!). If my original pair are fixable then I'll sell two of the new ones and the cost will come down - maybe €290 each. Obviously they will be boxed and have receipts.
I'm just putting the feelers out on this right now. I should receive the new pairs within 7 days and have word on my broken set in 10 days. So in 10 days I will know how many I want to sell and at what price.post #1406 of 14711/24/13 at 2:09pmpost #1407 of 14711/25/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
They have good punchy bass if you have a good seal, I like the Sony Hybrid tips.post #1408 of 14711/26/13 at 4:24ampost #1409 of 14711/26/13 at 5:37ampost #1410 of 14711/26/13 at 8:20amQuote:
I use trimmed Shure tri-flanges as recommended earlier in this post. They insert very deep, give great isolation and provide punchy bass, which is still a little thin for my liking. I really need the Sony Clear bass to compensate here. Otherwise, these headphones are amazing.
Many times during work I will catch myself singing out loud or furiously toe tapping along to a song - as mentioned by Audiodwebe at the beginning of this post, the music can reach out and pull you in with these phones. I've had another IEM that came close - Sleek Audio's SA6. With the SA6 I'd have times where the music would sound so perfect that I'd burst into an uncontrollable smile, no matter where I happened to be. With the CK10s this is more intense - the music will have sucked me in long before I'm even aware of it, which can be a little embarrassing if you burst into song in the middle of your job! I feel like I'm being introduced to my music collection all over again with these beauties and cannot wait to get my hands on a fresh pair.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › New WA7d Fireflies with Two Digital Inputs 3 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 1 minute ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Lab 1 The latest version High End iem fom Final Audio Design and My... 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 5 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude