New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 82

post #1216 of 1523

Does anyone have these and the RE0s that could tell me how comparable the two sound signatures are?

post #1217 of 1523
I have both, RE0`s are dry, slightly more bassy and slightly flat. ck10 shows more resolution through out and it is for my ears more musical. Sorry, I am terrible at explaining sound rolleyes.gif
post #1218 of 1523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachkebia View Post

I have both, RE0`s are dry, slightly more bassy and slightly flat. ck10 shows more resolution through out and it is for my ears more musical. Sorry, I am terrible at explaining sound rolleyes.gif

I agree with the mids being a bit more relaxed/dry on the RE0, but I think they are comparable in bass quality and quantity (might be the Sony ex tips I'm using). CK-10 also have better overall detail and soundstage....and build quality.
post #1219 of 1523

I agree with above, ck10 has better imaging and resolution, I feel that the bass quantity is a bit more on ck10 also.  Treble is similar, but I think ck10 treble is better.  Ck10 is more detailed more musical.  

post #1220 of 1523

Been playing around with the fake monster tips for a couple of days now and unfortunately they are not for me. They isolate a lot more than the hybrids and also stay in the ear with much more ease - but they are not at all comfortable for me. I can easily feel the rear edge of the last flange inside my ears, and within seconds they start hurting. Totally not worth the irritation.

Might try the expensive CK100 foamies next...anyone have other suggestions of tips for CK10 that don't tend to fall out of the ear and are comfortable?

For now, I guess I will have to stick with the Sony Hybrids!


Edited by kingpintps - 5/7/11 at 10:59pm
post #1221 of 1523

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post

I agree with above, ck10 has better imaging and resolution, I feel that the bass quantity is a bit more on ck10 also.  Treble is similar, but I think ck10 treble is better.  Ck10 is more detailed more musical.  


So it's pretty much superior in every possible way, I agree ksc75smile.gif

post #1222 of 1523
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpintps View Post

Been playing around with the fake monster tips for a couple of days now and unfortunately they are not for me. They isolate a lot more than the hybrids and also stay in the ear with much more ease - but they are not at all comfortable for me. I can easily feel the rear edge of the last flange inside my ears, and within seconds they start hurting. Totally not worth the irritation.

Might try the expensive CK100 foamies next...anyone have other suggestions of tips for CK10 that don't tend to fall out of the ear and are comfortable?

For now, I guess I will have to stick with the Sony Hybrids!

Yeah I am starting to notice this too. The tips tickle my inner ear and leave them sore if I have them on for an hour or so. They do sound wonderful so it's a pity. 

I guess I will have to try the ck100 foam tips next, does anyone know where I can get these without paying the ridiculous 27 +shipping for these? Is anyone willing to trade or donate a pair? redface.gif
 

 

post #1223 of 1523
I'm looking for a silicon replacement tip which has the same audio character as the stock tips, but isolates better.

I don't want anything which compromises the excellents highs of this 'phone. Just better isolation. Any thoughts?
post #1224 of 1523

The Sony Hybrids work the best for me as well.

post #1225 of 1523
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia View Post



Yeah I am starting to notice this too. The tips tickle my inner ear and leave them sore if I have them on for an hour or so. They do sound wonderful so it's a pity. 

I guess I will have to try the ck100 foam tips next, does anyone know where I can get these without paying the ridiculous 27 +shipping for these? Is anyone willing to trade or donate a pair? redface.gif
 

 


Some people are just not used to triple-flange tips due to their own ear anatomy, I certainly have no issues with wearing original Monster or Etymotics tri-flanges on my ears, am able to withstand wearing them for 3-4 hours straight on usually without discomfort isssues. However they are definitely no-where near Sony Hybrid tips in terms of comfort level though, that's for sure.

Bluetin has the ER-CK100 foamies for retail and they do ship internationally, but I think part of the high price is partly because these foam tips are only sold originally in Japan, and as usual import prices for japanese accessories will not be cheap due to current japanese yen currency rates. These are certainly very comfortable though, so comfortable I even asked my japanese friend to buy a brand new replacement box from Yodobashi Camera for me for ard 20 USD, so I can keep as backups for my current CK100 phones. They are made up of the same material as Shure Olives foam tips as far as I know (without the transparent clear rubber cores), so perhaps you may consider the Shure Olives instead if you find the ER-CK100s too expensive to purchase in your region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBaconGod View Post

I'm looking for a silicon replacement tip which has the same audio character as the stock tips, but isolates better.

I don't want anything which compromises the excellents highs of this 'phone. Just better isolation. Any thoughts?

AFAIK there's no after-market silicone tips that isolates better than the default stock tips ER-CK9 that comes bundled with the CK10 or CK100 IEMs, I can only advise if you want to increase the comfort level for long-hours of wearing usage, you may try Shure PA749 soft sleeve tips or the original Sony Hybrids tips as they will keep the same sonic properties as the stock silicone tips that comes with CK10/CK100. (model part number is ER-CK9)

However, if you are okay with wearing Triple-flange tips, Etymotic Research Grey tri-flanges (Large size) or Monster tri-flanges will give you better isolation, with increased tighter bass properties compared to default silicones. However like what some other people had experienced and feedbacked on this thread, not everyone may be suited for wearing tri-flange tips so YMMV.

Hope this helps, cheers. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1226 of 1523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haonan View Post

AFAIK there's no after-market silicone tips that isolates better than the default stock tips ER-CK9 that comes bundled with the CK10 or CK100 IEMs, I can only advise if you want to increase the comfort level for long-hours of wearing usage, you may try Shure PA749 soft sleeve tips or the original Sony Hybrids tips as they will keep the same sonic properties as the stock silicone tips that comes with CK10/CK100. (model part number is ER-CK9)

However, if you are okay with wearing Triple-flange tips, Etymotic Research Grey tri-flanges (Large size) or Monster tri-flanges will give you better isolation, with increased tighter bass properties compared to default silicones. However like what some other people had experienced and feedbacked on this thread, not everyone may be suited for wearing tri-flange tips so YMMV.

Hope this helps, cheers. smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks! I find the stock tips to be very comfortable, so I don't need to make allowances for that. I will hunt down the Etymotic tips and see what's what. I have a feeling that I might need to trim one of the flanges off, but we'll see. The stock tip inserts quite deeply as it is. If I push it a bit further in than it naturally sits, it seals against my inner ear cutting out most of the sound.
post #1227 of 1523

I've been using the clear, bi-flange tips that come with the RE0. They go deeper than normal silicones, but not as deep as most triflanges. I get better bass than I do with 
medium Sony hybrids, which are still my preferred for comfortable longer sessions, but they lack some of the bass of other, deeper tips.

post #1228 of 1523
Hrm, I see reference to people using the Shure triple flanges. I have a pair of these, and the stalk diameter (and inner hole) looked woefully too small to fit on the CK10. Do people force them? Are the Ety's or Monsters a larger diameter stalk, or the same as the Shure?
post #1229 of 1523
Thread Starter 

Haonan

 

Thanks for the part number of the original sleeve, as I find those to be superior in every way to all else that I've tried with the 10's and was a bit concerned about what I would use if, and ever, they went bad.  

 

Now, I must go in search of... 

 

Cheers.

 

 

post #1230 of 1523
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBaconGod View Post

Hrm, I see reference to people using the Shure triple flanges. I have a pair of these, and the stalk diameter (and inner hole) looked woefully too small to fit on the CK10. Do people force them? Are the Ety's or Monsters a larger diameter stalk, or the same as the Shure?
The Ety, Shure & Westone flanges are the same size. They have a smaller diameter than the CK nozzle but a lot of folks have been stretching them to fit without much difficulty. The Monsters fit perfectly.
Edited by RADI0HEAD - 5/11/11 at 9:37am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: