I tried out a bunch of different tips, yet found myself going back to the originals -they seal really well for me! I guess I'm lucky.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 3/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First IEMs - AT Lover - IEM Hater Last post on 1/9/11 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK10 replacement filters? Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full sized (or portable) that'll give me CK10 sound? Last post on 8/3/10 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 80post #1186 of 15804/29/11 at 7:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 15805/1/11 at 10:21am
Ok, I am finally part of the CK10 owners club since two days and I am really not disappointed so far. =)
Funny that despite having read so many comments about how really small they are I still got surprised when I received them.
And about that I was wondering... how people pull them back ? By pulling the cord or trying to catch the shells ?
The strain reliefs seem solid, but I still have some kind of apprehension of pulling the cord but the shells are so hard to catch.post #1188 of 15805/1/11 at 10:37am
This is a major flaw with the CK10s, I wouldn't recommend pulling on the cable because the strain reliefs will eventually loose grip on the cable and expose the wiring. Pulling on the cable in general isn't a good idea for any iem, I only do it with the EQ5s because they have some sort of mechanism that protects it but even then I will try to grab the housing once in a while. Catching the housing is indeed tedious and hard, I personally had success pushing the housing to a twist in order to get it a bit loose in order to get a more comfortable catch. It's tedious either way, but this method helped my finger tips : ).
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 10:55ampost #1189 of 15805/1/11 at 11:24ampost #1190 of 15805/1/11 at 11:34am
Well that also has it's complications, trying to reach the housing isn't the easiest but it's also the safest. But if you also need to take them off your ears faster than usual you can do a little pulling on the strain relief and grab the housing afterwards but make the pulling gentle and slow.
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 11:35ampost #1191 of 15805/1/11 at 11:52ampost #1192 of 15805/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #1193 of 15805/1/11 at 1:04pmTo remove them I gently pull from the strain reliefs, closer to the housing where the rubber is thicker.
If you look back some pages you'll find a pic where someone put two color coded strips of tape around the strain reliefs to differentiate left/right(blue/red).post #1194 of 15805/1/11 at 1:14pm
well, i've been pulling by the strain reliefs for over a year now, and they're still working great. the reliefs are part of the rubber that encases the actual body so they're structurally sound. unless you have gargantuan fingers, its rather easy to reach them.post #1195 of 15805/2/11 at 7:52am
Isn't the shape the biggest differentiator? I mean wearing over the ear..you can easily tell which one is the left or right piece just by feeling the shape of the pieces..and in this case the metal side would be on the outside. I think I rarely use the R/L indicator on the earphones.
Quote:post #1196 of 15805/2/11 at 8:44ampost #1197 of 15805/2/11 at 8:59ampost #1198 of 15805/2/11 at 9:08ampost #1199 of 15805/2/11 at 9:26ampost #1200 of 15805/2/11 at 5:03pm
$250 at accessory jack is the cheapest and best place to buy atm. Or maybe used ones around $200-220 ish.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 15 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 16 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Discussion on MEE P1 and Burn In 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...