I tried out a bunch of different tips, yet found myself going back to the originals -they seal really well for me! I guess I'm lucky.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 3/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First IEMs - AT Lover - IEM Hater Last post on 1/9/11 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK10 replacement filters? Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full sized (or portable) that'll give me CK10 sound? Last post on 8/3/10 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 11/10/14 at 12:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 80post #1186 of 15374/29/11 at 7:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 15375/1/11 at 10:21am
Ok, I am finally part of the CK10 owners club since two days and I am really not disappointed so far. =)
Funny that despite having read so many comments about how really small they are I still got surprised when I received them.
And about that I was wondering... how people pull them back ? By pulling the cord or trying to catch the shells ?
The strain reliefs seem solid, but I still have some kind of apprehension of pulling the cord but the shells are so hard to catch.post #1188 of 15375/1/11 at 10:37am
This is a major flaw with the CK10s, I wouldn't recommend pulling on the cable because the strain reliefs will eventually loose grip on the cable and expose the wiring. Pulling on the cable in general isn't a good idea for any iem, I only do it with the EQ5s because they have some sort of mechanism that protects it but even then I will try to grab the housing once in a while. Catching the housing is indeed tedious and hard, I personally had success pushing the housing to a twist in order to get it a bit loose in order to get a more comfortable catch. It's tedious either way, but this method helped my finger tips : ).
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 10:55ampost #1189 of 15375/1/11 at 11:24ampost #1190 of 15375/1/11 at 11:34am
Well that also has it's complications, trying to reach the housing isn't the easiest but it's also the safest. But if you also need to take them off your ears faster than usual you can do a little pulling on the strain relief and grab the housing afterwards but make the pulling gentle and slow.
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 11:35ampost #1191 of 15375/1/11 at 11:52ampost #1192 of 15375/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #1193 of 15375/1/11 at 1:04pmTo remove them I gently pull from the strain reliefs, closer to the housing where the rubber is thicker.
If you look back some pages you'll find a pic where someone put two color coded strips of tape around the strain reliefs to differentiate left/right(blue/red).post #1194 of 15375/1/11 at 1:14pm
well, i've been pulling by the strain reliefs for over a year now, and they're still working great. the reliefs are part of the rubber that encases the actual body so they're structurally sound. unless you have gargantuan fingers, its rather easy to reach them.post #1195 of 15375/2/11 at 7:52am
Isn't the shape the biggest differentiator? I mean wearing over the ear..you can easily tell which one is the left or right piece just by feeling the shape of the pieces..and in this case the metal side would be on the outside. I think I rarely use the R/L indicator on the earphones.
Quote:post #1196 of 15375/2/11 at 8:44ampost #1197 of 15375/2/11 at 8:59ampost #1198 of 15375/2/11 at 9:08ampost #1199 of 15375/2/11 at 9:26ampost #1200 of 15375/2/11 at 5:03pm
$250 at accessory jack is the cheapest and best place to buy atm. Or maybe used ones around $200-220 ish.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 second ago
- › Music Game IX 36 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 2 minutes ago
- › What is required to get a perfect vinyl rip? 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › The DACs in galaxy s6 and the m9.. What do we know? 4 minutes ago
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2