I tried out a bunch of different tips, yet found myself going back to the originals -they seal really well for me! I guess I'm lucky.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 3/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First IEMs - AT Lover - IEM Hater Last post on 1/9/11 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK10 replacement filters? Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full sized (or portable) that'll give me CK10 sound? Last post on 8/3/10 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 5/14/15 at 2:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, I am finally part of the CK10 owners club since two days and I am really not disappointed so far. =)
Funny that despite having read so many comments about how really small they are I still got surprised when I received them.
And about that I was wondering... how people pull them back ? By pulling the cord or trying to catch the shells ?
The strain reliefs seem solid, but I still have some kind of apprehension of pulling the cord but the shells are so hard to catch.
This is a major flaw with the CK10s, I wouldn't recommend pulling on the cable because the strain reliefs will eventually loose grip on the cable and expose the wiring. Pulling on the cable in general isn't a good idea for any iem, I only do it with the EQ5s because they have some sort of mechanism that protects it but even then I will try to grab the housing once in a while. Catching the housing is indeed tedious and hard, I personally had success pushing the housing to a twist in order to get it a bit loose in order to get a more comfortable catch. It's tedious either way, but this method helped my finger tips : ).
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 10:55am
Well that also has it's complications, trying to reach the housing isn't the easiest but it's also the safest. But if you also need to take them off your ears faster than usual you can do a little pulling on the strain relief and grab the housing afterwards but make the pulling gentle and slow.
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 11:35am
If you look back some pages you'll find a pic where someone put two color coded strips of tape around the strain reliefs to differentiate left/right(blue/red).
well, i've been pulling by the strain reliefs for over a year now, and they're still working great. the reliefs are part of the rubber that encases the actual body so they're structurally sound. unless you have gargantuan fingers, its rather easy to reach them.
Isn't the shape the biggest differentiator? I mean wearing over the ear..you can easily tell which one is the left or right piece just by feeling the shape of the pieces..and in this case the metal side would be on the outside. I think I rarely use the R/L indicator on the earphones.
$250 at accessory jack is the cheapest and best place to buy atm. Or maybe used ones around $200-220 ish.
- Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ortofon E-Q5 (Free Shipping) 2 seconds ago
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 5 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 14 seconds ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 22 seconds ago
- › Looking for over ear headphones <=$200 59 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › Desktop sized speakers with similar sound signature with ESL systems 2 minutes ago
- › Beginner Audiophile and need advice on starting Hardware 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)