I tried out a bunch of different tips, yet found myself going back to the originals -they seal really well for me! I guess I'm lucky.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 3/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First IEMs - AT Lover - IEM Hater Last post on 1/9/11 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK10 replacement filters? Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full sized (or portable) that'll give me CK10 sound? Last post on 8/3/10 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 4/26/16 at 9:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 80post #1186 of 15784/29/11 at 7:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 15785/1/11 at 10:21am
Ok, I am finally part of the CK10 owners club since two days and I am really not disappointed so far. =)
Funny that despite having read so many comments about how really small they are I still got surprised when I received them.
And about that I was wondering... how people pull them back ? By pulling the cord or trying to catch the shells ?
The strain reliefs seem solid, but I still have some kind of apprehension of pulling the cord but the shells are so hard to catch.post #1188 of 15785/1/11 at 10:37am
This is a major flaw with the CK10s, I wouldn't recommend pulling on the cable because the strain reliefs will eventually loose grip on the cable and expose the wiring. Pulling on the cable in general isn't a good idea for any iem, I only do it with the EQ5s because they have some sort of mechanism that protects it but even then I will try to grab the housing once in a while. Catching the housing is indeed tedious and hard, I personally had success pushing the housing to a twist in order to get it a bit loose in order to get a more comfortable catch. It's tedious either way, but this method helped my finger tips : ).
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 10:55ampost #1189 of 15785/1/11 at 11:24ampost #1190 of 15785/1/11 at 11:34am
Well that also has it's complications, trying to reach the housing isn't the easiest but it's also the safest. But if you also need to take them off your ears faster than usual you can do a little pulling on the strain relief and grab the housing afterwards but make the pulling gentle and slow.
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 11:35ampost #1191 of 15785/1/11 at 11:52ampost #1192 of 15785/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #1193 of 15785/1/11 at 1:04pmTo remove them I gently pull from the strain reliefs, closer to the housing where the rubber is thicker.
If you look back some pages you'll find a pic where someone put two color coded strips of tape around the strain reliefs to differentiate left/right(blue/red).post #1194 of 15785/1/11 at 1:14pm
well, i've been pulling by the strain reliefs for over a year now, and they're still working great. the reliefs are part of the rubber that encases the actual body so they're structurally sound. unless you have gargantuan fingers, its rather easy to reach them.post #1195 of 15785/2/11 at 7:52am
Isn't the shape the biggest differentiator? I mean wearing over the ear..you can easily tell which one is the left or right piece just by feeling the shape of the pieces..and in this case the metal side would be on the outside. I think I rarely use the R/L indicator on the earphones.
Quote:post #1196 of 15785/2/11 at 8:44ampost #1197 of 15785/2/11 at 8:59ampost #1198 of 15785/2/11 at 9:08ampost #1199 of 15785/2/11 at 9:26ampost #1200 of 15785/2/11 at 5:03pm
$250 at accessory jack is the cheapest and best place to buy atm. Or maybe used ones around $200-220 ish.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 17 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 51 seconds ago
- › New in-ear headphones, should I replace my Superlux HD-381F? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 9 minutes ago
- › He-400 bass? 9 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 10 minutes ago
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse