I tried out a bunch of different tips, yet found myself going back to the originals -they seal really well for me! I guess I'm lucky.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/26/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 3/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 Review Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First IEMs - AT Lover - IEM Hater Last post on 1/9/11 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica CK10 replacement filters? Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full sized (or portable) that'll give me CK10 sound? Last post on 8/3/10 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 10/17/14 at 1:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Audio Technica ATH-CK10 - Page 80post #1186 of 15234/29/11 at 7:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 15235/1/11 at 10:21am
Ok, I am finally part of the CK10 owners club since two days and I am really not disappointed so far. =)
Funny that despite having read so many comments about how really small they are I still got surprised when I received them.
And about that I was wondering... how people pull them back ? By pulling the cord or trying to catch the shells ?
The strain reliefs seem solid, but I still have some kind of apprehension of pulling the cord but the shells are so hard to catch.post #1188 of 15235/1/11 at 10:37am
This is a major flaw with the CK10s, I wouldn't recommend pulling on the cable because the strain reliefs will eventually loose grip on the cable and expose the wiring. Pulling on the cable in general isn't a good idea for any iem, I only do it with the EQ5s because they have some sort of mechanism that protects it but even then I will try to grab the housing once in a while. Catching the housing is indeed tedious and hard, I personally had success pushing the housing to a twist in order to get it a bit loose in order to get a more comfortable catch. It's tedious either way, but this method helped my finger tips : ).
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 10:55ampost #1189 of 15235/1/11 at 11:24ampost #1190 of 15235/1/11 at 11:34am
Well that also has it's complications, trying to reach the housing isn't the easiest but it's also the safest. But if you also need to take them off your ears faster than usual you can do a little pulling on the strain relief and grab the housing afterwards but make the pulling gentle and slow.
Edited by Inks - 5/1/11 at 11:35ampost #1191 of 15235/1/11 at 11:52ampost #1192 of 15235/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #1193 of 15235/1/11 at 1:04pmTo remove them I gently pull from the strain reliefs, closer to the housing where the rubber is thicker.
If you look back some pages you'll find a pic where someone put two color coded strips of tape around the strain reliefs to differentiate left/right(blue/red).post #1194 of 15235/1/11 at 1:14pm
well, i've been pulling by the strain reliefs for over a year now, and they're still working great. the reliefs are part of the rubber that encases the actual body so they're structurally sound. unless you have gargantuan fingers, its rather easy to reach them.post #1195 of 15235/2/11 at 7:52am
Isn't the shape the biggest differentiator? I mean wearing over the ear..you can easily tell which one is the left or right piece just by feeling the shape of the pieces..and in this case the metal side would be on the outside. I think I rarely use the R/L indicator on the earphones.
Quote:post #1196 of 15235/2/11 at 8:44ampost #1197 of 15235/2/11 at 8:59ampost #1198 of 15235/2/11 at 9:08ampost #1199 of 15235/2/11 at 9:26ampost #1200 of 15235/2/11 at 5:03pm
$250 at accessory jack is the cheapest and best place to buy atm. Or maybe used ones around $200-220 ish.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 28 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1, Mint, detachable cable mod, Stock & DHC cables 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help can't stop buying gear.... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)