LOL Luco! Those tips make your phones sound better because they implant directly into your brain! I think you are on to something. Homemade customs via 2-3 stacked Monster hybrids.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/24/10
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE420 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me make a choice! Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 vs. Monster Pro Copper Last post on 3/18/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 soundsignature with details and precision of ba drivers - suggestions? Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro... - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol , well i do like a deep insertion as you know ,and if i could find a core long enough id stack three tips on there ,all in the name of head fi science off course
any combination of sizes will fit, i use the second largest one on the bottom and the second smallest one on top .
Great. Thanks.. I should get my Monster tips tomorrow and I'll give it a try.
Do you need to glue them to the comply core, or will they hold firm?
No need to glue them on , just make sure you put the narrow end of the comply core onto the iem's sound tube so that the end with the lip on is the end you put the tips on ,that holds them in place and i have never had them come off yet and have inserted them in my ears and removed them many many times
Loving the sound of my westone 3 with the monster hybrid tips on more and more every day .
sitting here singing along to NAZARETH singing a really lovely song MOONLIGHT EYES ,sounds like heaven on the w3 , iem's don't get much better than this imoh
Wow, what a service this thread is!! I just spent all night reading it. It is incredibly helpful to this noob.
So Luco, do you only listen with your amp now? I am planning to buy something to pair with my iphone and will not be using an amp.(I mostly listen on the go and want to keep it compact and light) I'm trying to figure out if I can use your findings - or if everything will sound completely different for me because of not having the amp.
If you do listen without an amp sometimes, do you mind sharing what are your favorites unamped?
Right now, I'm considering the W3s, the Shure 535 - and after reading this thread, the SM3 the e-Q7s.
I'll probably post something early next week. My SM3 comes in tomorrow. I'll compare the two this weekend. I may create a new thread... or just incite flames on either SM3, 535 thread... or both.
I will be looking forward to read this.
- My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 22 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 29 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Best bang for the buck headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 7 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)