LOL Luco! Those tips make your phones sound better because they implant directly into your brain! I think you are on to something. Homemade customs via 2-3 stacked Monster hybrids.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/24/10
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE420 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me make a choice! Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 vs. Monster Pro Copper Last post on 3/18/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 soundsignature with details and precision of ba drivers - suggestions? Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro... - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol , well i do like a deep insertion as you know ,and if i could find a core long enough id stack three tips on there ,all in the name of head fi science off course
any combination of sizes will fit, i use the second largest one on the bottom and the second smallest one on top .
Great. Thanks.. I should get my Monster tips tomorrow and I'll give it a try.
Do you need to glue them to the comply core, or will they hold firm?
No need to glue them on , just make sure you put the narrow end of the comply core onto the iem's sound tube so that the end with the lip on is the end you put the tips on ,that holds them in place and i have never had them come off yet and have inserted them in my ears and removed them many many times
Loving the sound of my westone 3 with the monster hybrid tips on more and more every day .
sitting here singing along to NAZARETH singing a really lovely song MOONLIGHT EYES ,sounds like heaven on the w3 , iem's don't get much better than this imoh
Wow, what a service this thread is!! I just spent all night reading it. It is incredibly helpful to this noob.
So Luco, do you only listen with your amp now? I am planning to buy something to pair with my iphone and will not be using an amp.(I mostly listen on the go and want to keep it compact and light) I'm trying to figure out if I can use your findings - or if everything will sound completely different for me because of not having the amp.
If you do listen without an amp sometimes, do you mind sharing what are your favorites unamped?
Right now, I'm considering the W3s, the Shure 535 - and after reading this thread, the SM3 the e-Q7s.
I'll probably post something early next week. My SM3 comes in tomorrow. I'll compare the two this weekend. I may create a new thread... or just incite flames on either SM3, 535 thread... or both.
I will be looking forward to read this.
- My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 15 seconds ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 32 seconds ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 1 minute ago
- › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! 2 minutes ago
- › Any other kid head-fiers? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)