LOL Luco! Those tips make your phones sound better because they implant directly into your brain! I think you are on to something. Homemade customs via 2-3 stacked Monster hybrids.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/24/10
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE420 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me make a choice! Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 vs. Monster Pro Copper Last post on 3/18/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 soundsignature with details and precision of ba drivers - suggestions? Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9 - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol , well i do like a deep insertion as you know ,and if i could find a core long enough id stack three tips on there ,all in the name of head fi science off course
any combination of sizes will fit, i use the second largest one on the bottom and the second smallest one on top .
Great. Thanks.. I should get my Monster tips tomorrow and I'll give it a try.
Do you need to glue them to the comply core, or will they hold firm?
No need to glue them on , just make sure you put the narrow end of the comply core onto the iem's sound tube so that the end with the lip on is the end you put the tips on ,that holds them in place and i have never had them come off yet and have inserted them in my ears and removed them many many times
Loving the sound of my westone 3 with the monster hybrid tips on more and more every day .
sitting here singing along to NAZARETH singing a really lovely song MOONLIGHT EYES ,sounds like heaven on the w3 , iem's don't get much better than this imoh
Wow, what a service this thread is!! I just spent all night reading it. It is incredibly helpful to this noob.
So Luco, do you only listen with your amp now? I am planning to buy something to pair with my iphone and will not be using an amp.(I mostly listen on the go and want to keep it compact and light) I'm trying to figure out if I can use your findings - or if everything will sound completely different for me because of not having the amp.
If you do listen without an amp sometimes, do you mind sharing what are your favorites unamped?
Right now, I'm considering the W3s, the Shure 535 - and after reading this thread, the SM3 the e-Q7s.
I'll probably post something early next week. My SM3 comes in tomorrow. I'll compare the two this weekend. I may create a new thread... or just incite flames on either SM3, 535 thread... or both.
I will be looking forward to read this.
- My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 11 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 15 seconds ago
- › New setup for small space - Scarlett 18i8, Schiit Magni 2, K702... 30 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › GR07 - Tips Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Been out of the full-size headphone loop a few years, help me out! 7 minutes ago
- › IC: 2015 Melbourne Meet 8 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3