LOL Luco! Those tips make your phones sound better because they implant directly into your brain! I think you are on to something. Homemade customs via 2-3 stacked Monster hybrids.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/24/10
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE420 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me make a choice! Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 vs. Monster Pro Copper Last post on 3/18/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 soundsignature with details and precision of ba drivers - suggestions? Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9 - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol , well i do like a deep insertion as you know ,and if i could find a core long enough id stack three tips on there ,all in the name of head fi science off course
any combination of sizes will fit, i use the second largest one on the bottom and the second smallest one on top .
Great. Thanks.. I should get my Monster tips tomorrow and I'll give it a try.
Do you need to glue them to the comply core, or will they hold firm?
No need to glue them on , just make sure you put the narrow end of the comply core onto the iem's sound tube so that the end with the lip on is the end you put the tips on ,that holds them in place and i have never had them come off yet and have inserted them in my ears and removed them many many times
Loving the sound of my westone 3 with the monster hybrid tips on more and more every day .
sitting here singing along to NAZARETH singing a really lovely song MOONLIGHT EYES ,sounds like heaven on the w3 , iem's don't get much better than this imoh
Wow, what a service this thread is!! I just spent all night reading it. It is incredibly helpful to this noob.
So Luco, do you only listen with your amp now? I am planning to buy something to pair with my iphone and will not be using an amp.(I mostly listen on the go and want to keep it compact and light) I'm trying to figure out if I can use your findings - or if everything will sound completely different for me because of not having the amp.
If you do listen without an amp sometimes, do you mind sharing what are your favorites unamped?
Right now, I'm considering the W3s, the Shure 535 - and after reading this thread, the SM3 the e-Q7s.
I'll probably post something early next week. My SM3 comes in tomorrow. I'll compare the two this weekend. I may create a new thread... or just incite flames on either SM3, 535 thread... or both.
I will be looking forward to read this.
- My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Southeastern Michigan Head-Fi Fall Meet - Pleasant Ridge, MI 9.19.15 37 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 49 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2