LOL Luco! Those tips make your phones sound better because they implant directly into your brain! I think you are on to something. Homemade customs via 2-3 stacked Monster hybrids.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/24/10
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE420 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me make a choice! Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 vs. Monster Pro Copper Last post on 3/18/11 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 soundsignature with details and precision of ba drivers - suggestions? Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro... - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol , well i do like a deep insertion as you know ,and if i could find a core long enough id stack three tips on there ,all in the name of head fi science off course
any combination of sizes will fit, i use the second largest one on the bottom and the second smallest one on top .
Great. Thanks.. I should get my Monster tips tomorrow and I'll give it a try.
Do you need to glue them to the comply core, or will they hold firm?
No need to glue them on , just make sure you put the narrow end of the comply core onto the iem's sound tube so that the end with the lip on is the end you put the tips on ,that holds them in place and i have never had them come off yet and have inserted them in my ears and removed them many many times
Loving the sound of my westone 3 with the monster hybrid tips on more and more every day .
sitting here singing along to NAZARETH singing a really lovely song MOONLIGHT EYES ,sounds like heaven on the w3 , iem's don't get much better than this imoh
Wow, what a service this thread is!! I just spent all night reading it. It is incredibly helpful to this noob.
So Luco, do you only listen with your amp now? I am planning to buy something to pair with my iphone and will not be using an amp.(I mostly listen on the go and want to keep it compact and light) I'm trying to figure out if I can use your findings - or if everything will sound completely different for me because of not having the amp.
If you do listen without an amp sometimes, do you mind sharing what are your favorites unamped?
Right now, I'm considering the W3s, the Shure 535 - and after reading this thread, the SM3 the e-Q7s.
I'll probably post something early next week. My SM3 comes in tomorrow. I'll compare the two this weekend. I may create a new thread... or just incite flames on either SM3, 535 thread... or both.
I will be looking forward to read this.
- My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Burn in 36 seconds ago
- › Properly Trimming Audio Files 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-880, but closed? 5 minutes ago
- › Should i buy sennheiser 650 or something else 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 7 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)